ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 144
« First < 61213141516 171819202666116 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Titans (AFC Championship edition) thread
TLO 05:12 PM 01-12-2020
The AFC Championship runs through Arrowhead.
[Reply]
TurdsMckenzie 08:27 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
No. That turns out not to be the case.

The BAL offense is predicated heavily on establishing the run; everything they do depends on running the ball on early downs and getting to 3rd and short. From there they execute their passing game. Not the other way around. 3rd and long for the Ravens is worse than flipping a coin.

It was the same exact problem for the Vikings as well this weekend. Everything in that offense is dependent on Dalvin Cook running the ball and getting to 3rd and short. When they faced 3rd and long consistently, they couldn't execute their passing attack at all.

The Chiefs offense isn't dependent on a strong running game. Pat doesn't need 3rd and short to execute at a high percentage of efficiency. As a matter of fact, if you check those advanced stats everyone likes so much, you'll find that Mahomes converts 3rd and long more efficiently than he does 3rd and short. By a significant margin.

In fact, I'd have to check to be sure, but I don't think the Chiefs ran the ball more than 6 times during that 7 TD stretch. We ran RPOs and play-action, but they were almost all passing plays.

And the Titans passing defense is ranked in the bottom third of the league.

Just like the Texans passing defense.

Holy crap, did anyone else notice that the Chiefs actually ended up running for more yards than the Texans offense? Wild . . .

You could be right. Admittedly, I was just going by stats and Ravens have just been insanely good. As we've seen stats don't always matter even if Ravens had more yards and points than Chiefs. It didn't matter at all in the Titans game. Anything can happen, Chiefs go down 24 and then score 28 in a quarter. Sports are crazy. Hope the refs let them play.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:28 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by TurdsMckenzie:
They already did in week 10.
Well, so did the Texans in week 6.

How much did it matter yesterday with Mahomes back at full strength?
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:29 AM 01-13-2020
I don't remember much about that game except for the awful play call at the end and Mahomes was gimpy as well as the whole team was.

Our starting OL was Erving, Schwartz, Rankin, Wylie, and Reiter. This was the game that Ogbah got hurt early on as well and Clark was on a pitch count. With that shit OL we still almost put up 500 yds of offense against them.

The key will obviously be make Tannehill throw the ball.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:31 AM 01-13-2020
You could be right. Admittedly, I was just going by stats and Ravens have just been insanely good. As we've seen stats don't always matter even if Ravens had more yards and points than Chiefs. It didn't matter at all in the Titans game. Anything can happen, Chiefs go down 24 and then score 28 in a quarter. Sports are crazy. Hope the refs let them play.
It's not that stats don't matter. Stats can be very useful to describe an event/performance/etc.

But without the proper context they could literally mean almost anything. Stats are supposed to help describe a performance (in the case of a game/athlete), not be the only describer.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:32 AM 01-13-2020
The Ravens were best team in football and Patriots were just as good as the Chiefs.

Points scored... Ravens 531, Chiefs 451, Patriots 420.

They scored 13 and 12 against Titans.
Whatever you gotta tell yourself, sweetheart.

I admire your use of (over) confidence. It will carry you through the week, and then, on Sunday, you come back here after we score 50 points on your team, Shirley.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:32 AM 01-13-2020
Ravens points scored: 531

Chiefs points scored: 451

Ravens offenseive yards: 6,646

Chiefs offensive yards: 6,259

Ravens point differential: +249

Chiefs point differentisl: +143

Lamar Jackson is MVP.

Add in..

Ravens points allowed: 282

Chiefs points allowed: 308

Ravens record: 14-2

Chiefs record: 12-4

Ravens finished season going 12-0

Chiefs finished season going 6-0 with their last loss being against the Titans.

Cute. Lol.

You seem to be unaware of the composition of the offenses you’re comparing, or simply ignoring that difference.

Lamar Jackson had a great season and is deservedly the MVP. However, as already pointed out, that offense is all about generating steady gains on early downs and staying out of passing downs on third down.

It’s still dangerous on third and long because of Jackson’s running ability, but if he has to line it up and throw it, it still is advantage: defense.

Look at the game again. You know all those intermediate throws outside the hashes Jackson couldn’t line up due to inaccuracy and wobbly throws? That’s one of Mahomes’ biggest strengths. You know all those throws Jackson missed to open TEs? Again, Mahomes doesn’t do that.

The Chiefs’ stable of receiving weapons far outstrips either of the teams the Titans have faced in the playoffs, and also have more deep speed than either of them.

Tyreek Hill | Sammy Watkins | Mecole Hardman | Travis Kelce | Damien Williams

That’s an alignment you’re going to see a lot on Sunday from KC. Dangerous, game-breaking receiving weapons everywhere.

The Titans present a tough challenge for KC because of the stylistic fit. The Titans’ stout run D will hold Kc’s run game mostly in check, and the Titans offensive style will likely win ToP for Tennessee. But KC was out-possessed by 10 minutes yesterday and still scored 51 points.

Is Jayon Brown going to play? Is he going to be 100 percent? Tennessee will need his coverage prowess on Kelce to get by.

How good are your 3rd and 4th CBS? Because they’re going to play a lot of snaps. Can anybody besides Jackson run with Tyreek Hill? Because Watkins and Hardman also have game-breaking speed.

What other options do you have on the DL? Your base guys are bigger, slower dudes who don’t specialize in rushing the passer. That’s great against the run, but it makes it tough against an elusive passer who gets the ball out quickly, knows how to climb the pocket, knows how to escape pressure, and can do some damage with his legs.

These are the questions you should be looking at rather than just comparing base stats of two very different offenses.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:33 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I don't remember much about that game except for the awful play call at the end and Mahomes was gimpy as well as the whole team was.

Our starting OL was Erving, Schwartz, Rankin, Wylie, and Reiter. This was the game that Ogbah got hurt early on as well and Clark was on a pitch count. With that shit OL we still almost put up 500 yds of offense against them.

The key will obviously be make Tannehill throw the ball.
We lost Rankin in that game. And Allegretti(?) and Wiz came in at one point.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:33 AM 01-13-2020
They are going to try to do exactly what the Patriots did last year. We’ll be prepared for that shit this time.

Mahomes is gonna drop bombs on these fools
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:34 AM 01-13-2020
Week 10 is a long time ago.
[Reply]
TurdsMckenzie 08:34 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Those stats are meaningless without context.

Total yards, Total points, point differential, yards allowed are so general that they have virtually no meaning whatsoever.

Provide some kind of context to back up those stats and you might have some kind of argument about something.
I'm not trying to argue anything really. I'm just counteracting some of the comments being made. Titans playing on the road isn't a real talking point. Tannehill not having to throw last two games isn't a real talking point. But that's what some people are basing the game on. I didn't think Titans would beat Patriots or Ravens because just thought they were inferior. They did though and they did it on road. I agree context matters. Someone called Lamar Jackson a running back... The guy there 36 tds. People are saying Tannehill sucks as he finished top 10 all-time for passer rating, completion percentage, yards per attempt. I'm reading comments saying two of the best QBs in the NFL are nobody.
[Reply]
FringeNC 08:36 AM 01-13-2020
Really, the Titans DON'T want a replay of the first game. Speaking of stats, the probability of them winning that game given the statistical profile of it was less likely than the Chiefs coming back from 24-0. It was something like only the 2nd time in NFL history that a team dominated as much as the Chiefs and lost.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:37 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
They are going to try to do exactly what the Patriots did last year. We’ll be prepared for that shit this time.

Mahomes is gonna drop bombs on these fools
Even the greatest defensive mind in the modern NFL with a plethora of elite secondary players could only shut Mahomes down for one half.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:37 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
The point was probably that when Tennessee got up on a quick lead vs Baltimore everyone knew the game was over. Tennessee turned lamar into a passing qb. Kudos to the D and O for getting the job done early. Tennessee still probably pulls it off but that game would look really different if the ravens made a stop or scored early.
Lamar Jackson is a terrible passer.

If they "force" KC to pass, that doesn't necessarily give Tennessee the advantage it did against a one-dimensional Baltimore offense.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 08:38 AM 01-13-2020
I'm not trying to argue anything really. I'm just counteracting some of the comments being made. Titans playing on the road isn't a real talking point. Tannehill not having to throw last two games isn't a real talking point. But that's what some people are basing the game on. I didn't think Titans would beat Patriots or Ravens because just thought they were inferior. They did though and they did it on road. I agree context matters. Someone called Lamar Jackson a running back... The guy there 36 tds. People are saying Tannehill sucks as he finished top 10 all-time for passer rating, completion percentage, yards per attempt. I'm reading comments saying two of the best QBs in the NFL are nobody.
:-) @ Tannehill as one of the best QBs in the league.

As someone previously said, stats with out context are meaningless (same goes for Lamar).
[Reply]
TurdsMckenzie 08:38 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire:
He had 9.6 y/a in a 10 game span so we need to crown him. Not like that’s totally unsustainable for a journeyman QB.
This is his first year with only his second team. I agree it could be a fluke but he seems to be breaking out with a team that doesn't suck. Dolphins are the absolute worst. Winning with that team would require dragging thousand pound boulder on your back. They are awful franchise
[Reply]
Page 16 of 144
« First < 61213141516 171819202666116 > Last »
Up