ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 80 of 97
« First < 30707677787980 8182838490 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Antonio Brown accused of RAPE - Federal Lawsuit Filed
chinaski 06:47 PM 09-10-2019
Per TMZ

Antonio Brown Accused of Raping Former Trainer, Lawsuit Filed via @TMZ https://t.co/khGNY803SS

— Charles Stewart (@StewartTVNews) September 11, 2019

[Reply]
RobertWeathers 10:49 AM 09-13-2019
Originally Posted by arrwheader:
All Pats/Chiefs rivalry aside I just think this asshole should be sat just because he seems to literally be out of control. Something will come out with this or something else there's just too much smoke and consistency that he is a shitty human being. What sucks is he's just being enabled again which will lead to him continue being a shitty human. For now in the case of consistency, fine let him play.

To me this is a desperate move by BB.He's worried about the Chiefs so he's taking this heat and risk for that. As a fan though and the shit surrounding this guy, man it would be hard to root for him if he was on he Chiefs. I usually say idc about what players do off the field, i just want to see my team win but this guy is awful, even without the rape allegations. He goes against just about every principal I have.

Difference between Tyreek and this guy is Tyreek was not a complete diva/shit head and if you followed his stuff this off season there was much to believe about his story. With AB you can absolutely believe this shit about him because well duh.
Please explain how the Patriots are enabling his behavior.

By employing and paying him is not enabling.

He has yet to break a team rule or commit a crime as a NEP.
[Reply]
RollChiefsRoll 10:58 AM 09-13-2019
Originally Posted by RobertWeathers:

I'll take "willfully obtuse and hopelessly dense" for $1,000, Alex.
[Reply]
Amnorix 10:58 AM 09-13-2019
All Pats/Chiefs rivalry aside I just think this asshole should be sat just because he seems to literally be out of control. Something will come out with this or something else there's just too much smoke and consistency that he is a shitty human being. What sucks is he's just being enabled again which will lead to him continue being a shitty human. For now in the case of consistency, fine let him play.
I hear you, though the conduct at issue happened in like 2017 right? Or some damn long time ago.

I dislike prima donnas, and I dislike assholes who get away with everything because of whatever (in this case, supreme WR talent). So yeah, I was never much of a fan of AB and I'm not exactly over the moon to see him in a Patriots uniform. Felt the same, but even moreso, about Albert Haynesworth, who I felt was a very dirty player.

I'm not high on my team having actual bad people on the team, and AB is veeeeery close if he isn't actually there.

Originally Posted by :
To me this is a desperate move by BB.He's worried about the Chiefs so he's taking this heat and risk for that. As a fan though and the shit surrounding this guy, man it would be hard to root for him if he was on he Chiefs. I usually say idc about what players do off the field, i just want to see my team win but this guy is awful, even without the rape allegations. He goes against just about every principal I have.
Obviously if the Pats had an elite WR, they wouldn't do this. You make it very Chiefs specific, but I strongly doubt it. BB knows better than anyone that the Chiefs could be felled by injuries, or whatever else. He doesn't usually make moves with ONE team in mind, other than his own.

But yes, clearly he thinks the WR group was weak before AB, so stretched beyond where he may have preferred to go (both in terms of $$ and perhaps even principles) to get him.

Originally Posted by :
Difference between Tyreek and this guy is Tyreek was not a complete diva/shit head and if you followed his stuff this off season there was much to believe about his story. With AB you can absolutely believe this shit about him because well duh.
Four years ago Tyreek Hill admitted that he intentionally choked his pregnant girlfriend. Maybe he's grown up. I hope so for his sake. The ONLY reason the Chiefs got him in the FIFTH round was because of his extremely unsavory history. Chiefs fans now love to poke at Aaron Hernandez, as if anyone could possibly have imagined the guy was a serial killer, but Hernandez's history wasn't as bad as Hill's. All he had ever been known to do was smoke pot.

We'll see how all this plays out with AB. I'm fine with him being suspended by the NFL, or cut by the Patriots. Wouldn't bother me at all. At this point, he deserves no real benefit of the doubt.
[Reply]
arrwheader 10:59 AM 09-13-2019

Ok, ill explain.

Did you not see what he did to get out of Oakland? He threatened their gm blasted the team on social media, not to mention the stuff that came out about him in Pitt which was consistent with him missing meetings, being above other players.

He hired a social media person to make sure he got released so he could sign with another team. The guy thinks he is god and then there is everyone else. Then he gets accused of rape/sexual assault. There's already stuff out there about the guy and child endangerment. He keeps going, keeps acting a fool and keeps getting employed. I'd say that's enabling by definition.

Enabling - has the effect of releasing the enabled person from having to take responsibility for his or her behavior. Enabling means that someone else will always fix, solve, or make the consequences go away.

Let me ask you this Bob, did you give a shit about AB before he signed with your team? I bet no. So why defend him? I get the fuck this guy he's gonna help us win, but if you think the pats move to sign him isn't tainted then i think you live in another reality bud.
[Reply]
arrwheader 11:11 AM 09-13-2019
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
I hear you, though the conduct at issue happened in like 2017 right? Or some damn long time ago.

I dislike prima donnas, and I dislike assholes who get away with everything because of whatever (in this case, supreme WR talent). So yeah, I was never much of a fan of AB and I'm not exactly over the moon to see him in a Patriots uniform. Felt the same, but even moreso, about Albert Haynesworth, who I felt was a very dirty player.

I'm not high on my team having actual bad people on the team, and AB is veeeeery close if he isn't actually there.

Obviously if the Pats had an elite WR, they wouldn't do this. You make it very Chiefs specific, but I strongly doubt it. BB knows better than anyone that the Chiefs could be felled by injuries, or whatever else. He doesn't usually make moves with ONE team in mind, other than his own.

But yes, clearly he thinks the WR group was weak before AB, so stretched beyond where he may have preferred to go (both in terms of $$ and perhaps even principles) to get him.

Four years ago Tyreek Hill admitted that he intentionally choked his pregnant girlfriend. Maybe he's grown up. I hope so for his sake. The ONLY reason the Chiefs got him in the FIFTH round was because of his extremely unsavory history. Chiefs fans now love to poke at Aaron Hernandez, as if anyone could possibly have imagined the guy was a serial killer, but Hernandez's history wasn't as bad as Hill's. All he had ever been known to do was smoke pot.

We'll see how all this plays out with AB. I'm fine with him being suspended by the NFL, or cut by the Patriots. Wouldn't bother me at all. At this point, he deserves no real benefit of the doubt.
See i see it as they had a pretty decent WR core with the JG addition I didn't think they really needed anyone else to compete given the pats history. However going out to get AB too me it seems kind of anti BB behavior as it seems to be that they usually take team guys over diva types and also they have the uncanny ability to win despite having a lot of guys that aren't superstars. Sure, I am totally assuming the Chiefs are a main reason but I don't think its totally loony.

Yes i didn't like the Hill pick that year. I think most Chiefs fans struggled with it, but he proved that he was willing to be a better person, do his probation and was doing things in the community and his character seemed to be surprisingly good from what he did. Then the other accusations came out and a lot of them were proven to be not true like breaking his kids arm and all the abuse things. The only thing he was guilty of was calling his girl a bitch, which sure not great but hey i have said things i regret before in private.

That being said i agree with due process let it play out because idk who this girl is idk if any of its true or not maybe its half true idk. I am just saying that with him it seems like you could believe it with the way he carries himself.

Its my opinion this guy sucks and i hate that he is helping out the biggest obstacle to us gettting to the big one. I'd hate to have to watch him catch a td as a pats fan.
[Reply]
RobertWeathers 11:15 AM 09-13-2019
Ok, ill explain.

Did you not see what he did to get out of Oakland? He threatened their gm blasted the team on social media, not to mention the stuff that came out about him in Pitt which was consistent with him missing meetings, being above other players.

He hired a social media person to make sure he got released so he could sign with another team. The guy thinks he is god and then there is everyone else. Then he gets accused of rape/sexual assault. There's already stuff out there about the guy and child endangerment. He keeps going, keeps acting a fool and keeps getting employed. I'd say that's enabling by definition.

Enabling - has the effect of releasing the enabled person from having to take responsibility for his or her behavior. Enabling means that someone else will always fix, solve, or make the consequences go away.

Let me ask you this Bob, did you give a shit about AB before he signed with your team? I bet no. So why defend him? I get the **** this guy he's gonna help us win, but if you think the pats move to sign him isn't tainted then i think you live in another reality bud.
Understood but those transgressions took place while he was in OAK and Pitt- Not in New England.

As I've stated on this board I think AB is a slime.

I can understand fans who want their team to adhere to higher moral standard. I have no issue with that.

For me, I do not. I don't care what the player is off the field. I have compartmentalized my fandom to the team- not the player.

So, to be clear I am not defending AB's past. What I am defending is he will be held to a standard in New England. If he breaks a law, if he is a bad teammate or performs poorly as an employee of the NEP, he'll be gone. There will no enablement, no warnings and no accommodations.

Now if you want to argue it's the NFL that is actually the enabler, then you are on to something.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 11:19 AM 09-13-2019
Understood but those transgressions took place while he was in OAK and Pitt- Not in New England.

As I've stated on this board I think AB is a slime.

I can understand fans who want their team to adhere to higher moral standard. I have no issue with that.

For me, I do not. I don't care what the player is off the field. I have compartmentalized my fandom to the team- not the player.

So, to be clear I am not defending AB's past. What I am defending is he will be held to a standard in New England. If he breaks a law, if he is a bad teammate or performs poorly as an employee of the NEP, he'll be gone. There will no enablement, no warnings and no accommodations.

Now if you want to argue it's the NFL that is actually the enabler, then you are on to something.
Patrick Chungs cocaine possession broke a law. Seem to rember him playing opening weekend.

Pats won't do shit to keep AB off the field, for any reason.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:21 AM 09-13-2019
CHUNG!
[Reply]
RobertWeathers 11:25 AM 09-13-2019
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Patrick Chungs cocaine possession broke a law. Seem to rember him playing opening weekend.

Pats won't do shit to keep AB off the field, for any reason.
Completely different circumstances.

We'll see about AB.

As for Chung, the coke was in his residence as his summer home in which he was not present and remodeling work was done. The alarm went off. It has not been confirmed it was his coke. If he is found guilty in a court of law, he should be suspended/banned but that has not happened yet.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:26 AM 09-13-2019
Completely different circumstances.

We'll see about AB.

As for Chung, the coke was in his residence as his summer home in which he was not present and remodeling work was done. The alarm went off. It has not been confirmed it was his coke. If he is found guilty in a court of law, he should be suspended/banned but that has not happened yet.
:-)
[Reply]
lcarus 11:28 AM 09-13-2019
Four years ago Tyreek Hill admitted that he intentionally choked his pregnant girlfriend.
He plead guilty and said all the right things to be able to continue his career. I probably would have too if I got railroaded into that situation. I personally don't think he is guilty of anything besides having a psycho ex. But it doesn't matter. They expunged it from his record. But the media makes people into monsters. It's what they do. They're good at it. And the public is good at eating it up. Luckily for us, that negative image is what caused teams like New England to pass him up for scrubs like Malcolm Mitchell.
[Reply]
CapsLockKey 11:42 AM 09-13-2019
Kareem Hunt was never criminally charged with anything and he was put on the exempt list.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:45 AM 09-13-2019
It's my understanding that the NFL has never suspended a player based strictly on a civil complaint. That makes sense to me because imagine if a really passionate, whatever, Saints fan filed REALLY salacious allegations against Patrick Mahomes a week before a Chiefs/Saints Super Bowl? You want Mahomes suspended with NO investigation?

It doesn't make alot of sense tbh.

Then you suspend him once it becomes a criminal matter I guess. Heck, even in criminal matters the NFL doesn't rush to suspend players, preferring to let the process play out a bit most of the time. What is the major rush to suspend a player before the NFL even investigates?

I mean, I get it, AB is a complete dickhead and the Patriots are the debbil, but be careful when you toss aside process and consistency. It's Goodell's RANDOM punishments that have caused him so much trouble in the past.

TBH, I don't even care if Brown is suspended. Pats should easily smoke the 'phins with or without him (of course they may not, cuz Miami is the Pats Bermuda Triangle as I mentioned elsewhere). All that said, I'm not keen to suspend players based on unsubstantiated statements by one person without any further investigation. Seems like a bad process to me.
Yep, I've decided that I don't give a fuck if he's innocent or guilty anymore. He needs to be suspended. Can you give examples of civil complaints against players, because I can almost guarantee that none of those things were as heinous as rape.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:46 AM 09-13-2019
Originally Posted by CapsLockKey:
Kareem Hunt was never criminally charged with anything and he was put on the exempt list.
Neither was Elliot
[Reply]
Amnorix 11:47 AM 09-13-2019
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Yep, I've decided that I don't give a fuck if he's innocent or guilty anymore. He needs to be suspended. Can you give examples of civil complaints against players, because I can almost guarantee that none of those things were as heinous as rape.

errr....no. I'm reporting what I read from reporters who are covering the NFL.

I will say it again -- the week before a Chiefs Super Bowl, some woman files civil claims against Tyreek with all kinds of horrible allegations. You agree with him being suspended for that game without any NFL investigation into the matter. That's your position?
[Reply]
Page 80 of 97
« First < 30707677787980 8182838490 > Last »
Up