ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 79 of 97
« First < 29697576777879 8081828389 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Antonio Brown accused of RAPE - Federal Lawsuit Filed
chinaski 06:47 PM 09-10-2019
Per TMZ

Antonio Brown Accused of Raping Former Trainer, Lawsuit Filed via @TMZ https://t.co/khGNY803SS

— Charles Stewart (@StewartTVNews) September 11, 2019

[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:24 AM 09-13-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Goodell has elected not to put Brown of the exempt list.

Go figure.
As a Chiefs fan, I agree with this... If there is more evidence to prove something with the women, then move forward, but now, there's not and due process should reign.

However, I am surprised there isn't league action on his interaction with Meyock.
[Reply]
Giant Octopodes 08:28 AM 09-13-2019
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
As a Chiefs fan, I agree with this... If there is more evidence to prove something with the women, then move forward, but now, there's not and due process should reign.

However, I am surprised there isn't league action on his interaction with Meyock.
Why would there be? It was a team issue, and the team moved forward with the discipline they felt was appropriate (a 215k fine, no suspension). Can you think of any cases ever where the league has previously stepped into a team discipline issue and said 'nah that's not enough here's some additional punishment'?
[Reply]
Amnorix 08:38 AM 09-13-2019
Goodell has elected not to put Brown of the exempt list.

Go figure.

Shocking, since he's literally never put anyone on the exempt list who was facing a civil lawsuit before the NFL completes an investigation. What you were hoping for would be a first in NFL history, but of course you should try your best to paint it as pro-Patriots bias.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:51 AM 09-13-2019

At this point, NFL will not place Antonio Brown on commissioner exempt list, as there is no criminal investigation, making him eligible to play Sunday vs. Miami, per sources. NFL has opened its investigation, which will include interviews with Antonio Brown and his accuser.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) September 13, 2019

[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 09:20 AM 09-13-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
I'm sorry but how the fuck is this different than any other situation in the past few years of a player being accused of rape/DV? They're just gonna let him play without speaking to the woman, or doing any investigating? No wonder people think the NFL is fucking joke, because it is
[Reply]
staylor26 09:23 AM 09-13-2019
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
Shocking, since he's literally never put anyone on the exempt list who was facing a civil lawsuit before the NFL completes an investigation. What you were hoping for would be a first in NFL history, but of course you should try your best to paint it as pro-Patriots bias.
Yea because there’s aren’t 1,000 other reasons why Brown should be on the exempt list at this point. This is far from an isolated incident.
[Reply]
Amnorix 09:24 AM 09-13-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC:
I'm sorry but how the fuck is this different than any other situation in the past few years of a player being accused of rape/DV? They're just gonna let him play without speaking to the woman, or doing any investigating? No wonder people think the NFL is fucking joke, because it is

The victim isn't available until NEXT week. The NFL will speak with her then, and the Patriots also stated that the NFL WILL conduct an investigation. No criminal charges have been filed (yet, at least) and the NFL has never suspended a player based solely on allegations in a civil complaint. This is completely consistent with what the NFL has done before.

If they suspended him now, THAT would be completely INconsistent with what they have done before.
[Reply]
Amnorix 09:25 AM 09-13-2019
Yea because there’s aren’t 1,000 other reasons why Brown should be on the exempt list at this point. This is far from an isolated incident.

Being a dick, generally speaking, hasn't (yet) resulted in NFL suspensions for conduct detrimental.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 09:27 AM 09-13-2019
For me, it is more the inconsistency with gathering information. Brown may very well be innocent and he should be treated as innocent until proven guilty. However, the NFL deciding that they don't need to put him on the commissioners exempt list until they conclude their investigation is a little odd to me. It shouldn't matter if its a civil or criminal suit.

What happens if they let him play and then the civil suit turns into a criminal case because there is enough evidence to charge? It just makes me shake my head with how Goodell is handling this situation
[Reply]
staylor26 09:30 AM 09-13-2019
Being a dick, generally speaking, hasn't (yet) resulted in NFL suspensions for conduct detrimental.
How about domestic abuse accusations? Almost killing a kid throwing furniture off a balcony?

Not to mention been nothing but a distraction and is tarnishing the shield more and more every day.
[Reply]
Amnorix 09:37 AM 09-13-2019
For me, it is more the inconsistency with gathering information. Brown may very well be innocent and he should be treated as innocent until proven guilty. However, the NFL deciding that they don't need to put him on the commissioners exempt list until they conclude their investigation is a little odd to me. It shouldn't matter if its a civil or criminal suit.
It's my understanding that the NFL has never suspended a player based strictly on a civil complaint. That makes sense to me because imagine if a really passionate, whatever, Saints fan filed REALLY salacious allegations against Patrick Mahomes a week before a Chiefs/Saints Super Bowl? You want Mahomes suspended with NO investigation?

It doesn't make alot of sense tbh.

Originally Posted by :
What happens if they let him play and then the civil suit turns into a criminal case because there is enough evidence to charge? It just makes me shake my head with how Goodell is handling this situation

Then you suspend him once it becomes a criminal matter I guess. Heck, even in criminal matters the NFL doesn't rush to suspend players, preferring to let the process play out a bit most of the time. What is the major rush to suspend a player before the NFL even investigates?

I mean, I get it, AB is a complete dickhead and the Patriots are the debbil, but be careful when you toss aside process and consistency. It's Goodell's RANDOM punishments that have caused him so much trouble in the past.

TBH, I don't even care if Brown is suspended. Pats should easily smoke the 'phins with or without him (of course they may not, cuz Miami is the Pats Bermuda Triangle as I mentioned elsewhere). All that said, I'm not keen to suspend players based on unsubstantiated statements by one person without any further investigation. Seems like a bad process to me.
[Reply]
Amnorix 09:39 AM 09-13-2019
How about domestic abuse accusations? Almost killing a kid throwing furniture off a balcony?

Not to mention been nothing but a distraction and is tarnishing the shield more and more every day.

I haven't paid any attention to AB's issues before now so I don't even know about these prior issues. The point is that there is a PROCESS before you just suspend a player.

Forget my prior example about Mahomes, who AFAIK has a clean record. Four days before a Chiefs/Saints SB Hill has an ex-GF who files a lawsuit making all kinds of wild allegations. You want him suspended for the Super Bowl based on that?

I mean, he punched his pregnant girlfriend and there was that crazy incident where his kid broke his arm and nobody ever really knew what was going on there for sure so.....?!?!?!

Yeah, don't think so.

PROCESS MATTERS.
[Reply]
Kman34 09:41 AM 09-13-2019
You need to read more carefully ...
[Reply]
lcarus 09:49 AM 09-13-2019
Originally Posted by RollChiefsRoll:
Oh, now that’s fucking rich. First of all, who’s on whose board here? That’s right, you’re on a Chiefs board—one that has been routinely brigaded by mouth-breathing Patriots “fans” consistently for nearly a year for God knows what reason.

Second, this isn’t a fucking “Patriots thread”—it’s a thread about one of the more headline-grabbing stories in the NFL in recent memory. There’s an Antonio Brown thread on every NFL-related board on the internet. You’re just ass hurt because the dipshit apparent rapist about whom there is so much scrutiny was signed by your shitheel franchise.

Third, and most importantly, LOL at someone from Rhode Island taking pot shots at Kansas City. Every time I have to travel from NYC to Providence for work I have a dull urge to off myself. Rhode Island is a desolate, grimy, backwater shithole with no—seriously, no—redeeming qualities. At least Kansas City has nice people and good food. There is less than jack shit in Rhode Island, and it’s populated essentially by Massholes who don’t even have a city like Boston to crow about.

[Reply]
arrwheader 10:35 AM 09-13-2019
It's my understanding that the NFL has never suspended a player based strictly on a civil complaint. That makes sense to me because imagine if a really passionate, whatever, Saints fan filed REALLY salacious allegations against Patrick Mahomes a week before a Chiefs/Saints Super Bowl? You want Mahomes suspended with NO investigation?

It doesn't make alot of sense tbh.

Then you suspend him once it becomes a criminal matter I guess. Heck, even in criminal matters the NFL doesn't rush to suspend players, preferring to let the process play out a bit most of the time. What is the major rush to suspend a player before the NFL even investigates?

I mean, I get it, AB is a complete dickhead and the Patriots are the debbil, but be careful when you toss aside process and consistency. It's Goodell's RANDOM punishments that have caused him so much trouble in the past.

TBH, I don't even care if Brown is suspended. Pats should easily smoke the 'phins with or without him (of course they may not, cuz Miami is the Pats Bermuda Triangle as I mentioned elsewhere). All that said, I'm not keen to suspend players based on unsubstantiated statements by one person without any further investigation. Seems like a bad process to me.
All Pats/Chiefs rivalry aside I just think this asshole should be sat just because he seems to literally be out of control. Something will come out with this or something else there's just too much smoke and consistency that he is a shitty human being. What sucks is he's just being enabled again which will lead to him continue being a shitty human. For now in the case of consistency, fine let him play.

To me this is a desperate move by BB.He's worried about the Chiefs so he's taking this heat and risk for that. As a fan though and the shit surrounding this guy, man it would be hard to root for him if he was on he Chiefs. I usually say idc about what players do off the field, i just want to see my team win but this guy is awful, even without the rape allegations. He goes against just about every principal I have.

Difference between Tyreek and this guy is Tyreek was not a complete diva/shit head and if you followed his stuff this off season there was much to believe about his story. With AB you can absolutely believe this shit about him because well duh.
[Reply]
Page 79 of 97
« First < 29697576777879 8081828389 > Last »
Up