ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>PFF 3-RD Post FA Mock - CHIEFS
Couch-Potato 11:51 AM 03-18-2024
32. OT Tyler Guyton, Oklahoma

The Chiefs will have plenty of options at the back end of the first round, but if Guyton is available, I like the idea of drafting him to develop him as a good depth player if they need him and a potential starter in 2025 and beyond. Guyton is a smooth mover and a very competitive player but needs time to become a more fundamentally sound blocker.

48.**TRADE** KANSAS CITY CHIEFS: WR TROY FRANKLIN, OREGON
Chiefs receive Pick No. 48; Jaguars receive CB L’Jarius Sneed

64. KANSAS CITY CHIEFS: CB ANDRU PHILLIPS, KENTUCKY
(Just 1 pick before TE Ja'Tavion Sanders btw)

95. KANSAS CITY CHIEFS: RB TREY BENSON, FLORIDA STATE
(#3 RB chosen after Brooks and Corum)
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 11:53 AM 03-18-2024
I really like this mock!!!

Guyton and Franklin just 100% feel like Chiefs to me. I would prefer TE Sanders with #64 in that scenario. I'm on board with an early RB! Brooks, Benson, Wright, Corum, Lloyd and others are all interesting, Benson would be really exciting!
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:22 PM 03-18-2024
Our 1st round pick is an OT that has to develop and not start? Fuck that shit.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 01:32 PM 03-18-2024
Their obsession with us needing another corner early really makes me leery of their knowledge.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 01:34 PM 03-18-2024
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
I really like this mock!!!

Guyton and Franklin just 100% feel like Chiefs to me. I would prefer TE Sanders with #64 in that scenario. I'm on board with an early RB! Brooks, Benson, Wright, Corum, Lloyd and others are all interesting, Benson would be really exciting!
I think I would have preferred wright for his fit in the current roster. I also would have preferred a red zone target. We move the ball well, we really need some help converting those opportunities to seven instead of three
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 01:46 PM 03-18-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Our 1st round pick is an OT that has to develop and not start? **** that shit.
So sign D Smith for another year and let Guyton develop, I don't see any problem there. You're not going to get a 1st year starter at LT with pick #32.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 01:48 PM 03-18-2024
1. OT Guyton
2. WR Franklin or Legette
2. TE Sanders
3. RB Wright, Benson, or Lloyd

^That's the perfect start to the draft IMO.
[Reply]
kccrow 01:57 PM 03-18-2024
I like Andru Phillips for this scheme, had him in a mock, but don't 2nd round like him. I'd think about it in the 3rd.

I'm having a hard time thinking there isn't a good chance Benson is the top back taken because of his size/speed combo. He's a 2nd rounder IMO.
[Reply]
Chieftain 08:09 PM 03-18-2024
I don't get why Guyton keeps being mocked to the Chiefs. He is a Right Tackle. We have no need for a RT.
[Reply]
kccrow 08:55 PM 03-18-2024
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
I don't get why Guyton keeps being mocked to the Chiefs. He is a Right Tackle. We have no need for a RT.
Some feel he can make the switch to LT. I don't know... He moves pretty well but then you're taking away what he does know. Same situation with Mims. Just two very raw guys with a lot of athletic ability. I don't know if either really deserves to go in the first round but teams take chances on traits more often than they don't. See Travon Walker over Aidan Hutchinson.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 09:13 PM 03-18-2024
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
I think J. Taylor can play LT, Guyton is super athletic but likely a 1-yr project. Between Guyton and Morris, maybe you have two future starters. Bring back D. Smith and you have a solid OL.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 09:20 AM 03-19-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Our 1st round pick is an OT that has to develop and not start? **** that shit.
Chances are that by pick #32 the top 4-5 LOT's are already off the board. Finding a day 1 starter will be tough.
[Reply]
Jerm 09:30 AM 03-19-2024
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
Chances are that by pick #32 the top 4-5 LOT's are already off the board. Finding a day 1 starter will be tough.
Exactly why we shouldn't be taking one at 32 then...you can find a player at that spot that can be of immediate impact and probably provide more impact too.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 10:56 AM 03-19-2024
Ok let’s do it
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 10:57 AM 03-19-2024
My hope is we bring Donovan Smith back in on a one year deal so we can have complete flexibility in the first round.

I do think we should be taking a tackle in the first two rounds to compete with Morris next season. Perhaps someone like Blake Fisher or Patrick Paul.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up