ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 12
« First < 7891011 12 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Didn't get what the big deal was about the whole Boulevard dealio.
BIG_DADDY 09:41 AM 04-16-2021
I have had a lot of great beers living in N California for 35 years. I tried a Boulevard beer once and I have to admit I didn't get what the big deal was. Last night I went to a place called On Tap. They have 40 beers on tap. I tried the Boulevard Quadruple bourbon barrel aged with cherries. WOW, I get it now. What are your favorites? I gotta try some now that they are more available.
[Reply]
kstater 08:20 PM 04-23-2021
While I’ve never had Pliny, I have had both 60, and 90, and I can say there’s really no way to describe the comparison between those and Tank 7.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 08:20 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
OK, at everyone's suggestion I am drinking cask 7 in a bottle right now. To me you can tell this is a great IPA. To those who love this please try a Pliny the Elder or Doghead fish 60 or 90. Tell me me how you think they compare. Unfortunately for me I have still never had Pliny the younger. I understand it is the best of the best. Hopefully I can will sample it on tap one day. I know the boulevard quadruple barrel aged in bourbon casks with cherries was on tap and don't say this often, it was world class.
Assuming you mean “Tank 7” and not cask 7. Tank 7 is not an IPA. I have also not had Pliny the Younger but have has Pliny the Elder, and Dogfishead 60, 90 and 120.

I dunno. Apples to oranges all around. They are all good. Anymore in the craft beer industry, it’s not about being “better”, it’s about being different. Enjoy them all and drink what you like.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 08:53 PM 04-23-2021
All on tap at my favorite beer joint in Muncie IN

Beer menu is now 18 pages long
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:54 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
OK, at everyone's suggestion I am drinking cask 7 in a bottle right now. To me you can tell this is a great IPA. To those who love this please try a Pliny the Elder or Doghead fish 60 or 90. Tell me me how you think they compare. Unfortunately for me I have still never had Pliny the younger. I understand it is the best of the best. Hopefully I can will sample it on tap one day. I know the boulevard quadruple barrel aged in bourbon casks with cherries was on tap and don't say this often, it was world class.

So much wrong with this post I don’t know where to start the :-)
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 10:02 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
So much wrong with this post I don’t know where to start the :-)
You can probably start with me comparing IPA's to Saison. Maybe its just the difference in style I prefer. I just remember hitting that quadruple by boulevard and to me that was friggen amazing.
[Reply]
Fish 12:40 PM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:

Now, it's not as good as Keystone Ice.

[Reply]
kstater 09:30 PM 01-19-2023
Originally Posted by kstater:
While I’ve never had Pliny, I have had both 60, and 90, and I can say there’s really no way to describe the comparison between those and Tank 7.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
:-)bj: :-)bj:

Went to a liquor store in Colorado Springs looking for a beer had at dinner last night and stumbled across this for only $6 a bottle.

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
phisherman 11:21 PM 01-19-2023
Pliny's good when it's fresh. Check the label. :-)
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:39 AM 01-20-2023
Originally Posted by phisherman:
It is still a good brew even when not as fresh, just not mind blowingly good like a fresh Pliny.
[Reply]
kstater 06:43 AM 01-20-2023
Originally Posted by phisherman:
Bottled 9 days ago looks like

[Reply]
Lzen 08:17 AM 01-20-2023
Originally Posted by kstater:
:-)bj: :-)bj:

Went to a liquor store in Colorado Springs looking for a beer had at dinner last night and stumbled across this for only $6 a bottle.

$6 a bottle!!??!?! :-)
[Reply]
phisherman 10:55 AM 01-20-2023
Originally Posted by Lzen:
$6 a bottle!!??!?! :-)
That's about the norm for that particular beer.

To be totally fair, it is a 16 oz bottle.
[Reply]
phisherman 11:05 AM 01-20-2023
Originally Posted by MOhillbilly:
City Barrels Rad AF is a damn fine brew. KC has a lot of good beer joints and a shitload of great taco places.
I had forgotten all about this particular threads but wanted to bump this post to say that City Barrel's Rad AF ended up winning a bronze medal at the last Great American Beer Fest in the Hazy IPA category. That category had 375 entries and to get a medal in a stacked field like that is pretty crazy!

The memories of brewing this stuff in the old office upstairs before the brewery was built out flood my brain and make me proud and happy for my buddies and their success as they take over Bier Station's old space to open another City Barrel location down in Waldo.
[Reply]
bdj23 11:25 AM 01-20-2023
Tank 7 is good but KC Bier Co > Boulevard
[Reply]
RocKhawks 04:46 PM 01-20-2023
This is the Big Deal!

[Reply]
Page 11 of 12
« First < 7891011 12 >
Up