ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 467 of 791
« First < 367417457463464465466467 468469470471477517567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:13 PM 03-13-2019
I’m all in if you guys wanna Demarcus Lawrence circle jerk
[Reply]
staylor26 01:14 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Would feel a lot better about it than Ford
Absolutely. Any of the 3. And I like Ford.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:14 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
From what im reading, Lawrence is disgruntled, hella un-happy about being tagged two years in a row.

Dallas might have some drama there that they can't deal with.
Ding ding ding.

They can’t pay that guy with Dak, Elliott, Jaylon, etc coming up. He seems like the odd man out.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 01:14 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Let’s talk about Jadeveon Clowney.

I wonder what it would take to trade for him and sign him.

Elite run defender
Talented pass rusher
Has the body size Veach wants
26 years old
He's overrated. One could easily argue it would've been better to keep Dee Ford.
[Reply]
O.city 01:16 PM 03-13-2019
Cowboys gonna have a butt load of guys coming up to pay.

Id gladly take Lawrence off their hands for a couple 2nds.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 01:16 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Mulliganman:
I understand if you wanna go cheap, but you’re fooling yourself if you think they are that close (at least the last version we’ve seen of Bell).
Mack ran for almost 1000 yards last year in 13 games. He’s a decent receiver, an excellent pass blocker, and he’s way way cheaper. Also, as mentioned before, good teams do not throw big money at running backs.

I am EXTREMELY happy the Colts didn’t sign Bell.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:16 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Trade Berry for Ogbah and maybe a pick.
Sign Zach Brown to play MLB.
Trade for Rhodes.
Draft a CB, DE and S hopefully in the first three picks.

Use the rest of your money to work on deals.
The nice thing about Rhodes is that he's already under contract and the signing bonus goes on the Vikings cap, not ours.

Now the downshot is clear - dude's 29. Richard Sherman played a similar style to Rhodes and was better for longer before hitting a wall at 29. At 30, he was pretty mediocre last season.

But if you make a move for Rhodes and he has a similar faceplant, you're not risking anything; you can cut him with no dead money at that point. You're still out the pick, though. So the compensation needs to be fairly reasonable.

I'd probably move the Ford 2nd for him, but I'm not so sure I'd be willing to give up one of this year's 2nds. Rhodes was...meh...last season. And when a guy like that starts to slip even a little bit, it snowballs more often than it doesn't.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:16 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Ding ding ding.

They can’t pay that guy with Dak, Elliott, Jaylon, etc coming up. He seems like the odd man out.
You guys might be right.

The Cowboys also don’t have a 1st.
[Reply]
O.city 01:17 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The nice thing about Rhodes is that he's already under contract and the signing bonus goes on the Vikings cap, not ours.

Now the downshot is clear - dude's 29. Richard Sherman played a similar style to Rhodes and was better for longer before hitting a wall at 29. At 30, he was pretty mediocre last season.

But if you make a move for Rhodes and he has a similar faceplant, you're not risking anything; you can cut him with no dead money at that point. You're still out the pick, though. So the compensation needs to be fairly reasonable.

I'd probably move the Ford 2nd for him, but I'm not so sure I'd be willing to give up one of this year's 2nds. Rhodes was...meh...last season. And when a guy like that starts to slip even a little bit, it snowballs more often than it doesn't.
I'd rather move something for Peterson than Rhodes.

Of course Ramsey is my unicorn but apparently i'm a dildo for that.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:17 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:

Better to be a dildo than a pocket pussy.
[Reply]
O.city 01:18 PM 03-13-2019
Better to be a dildo than a pocket pussy.
3 kinds of people in this world....
[Reply]
RunKC 01:18 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
You guys might be right.

The Cowboys also don’t have a 1st.
Shit I forgot to list Cooper too. No way in hell can they pay Lawrence.
[Reply]
SupDock 01:19 PM 03-13-2019

#Vikings have interest in bringing back free-agent center/guard Brett Jones, but it remains to be see where the money might come from after he made $2.9 million last season. Kansas City and Philadelphia are also possible suitors for Jones.

— Chris Tomasson (@christomasson) March 12, 2019

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:20 PM 03-13-2019
From what im reading, Lawrence is disgruntled, hella un-happy about being tagged two years in a row.

Dallas might have some drama there that they can't deal with.
Yeah but here's the thing - he's guaranteed $20 million this season. That's his starting point; that's where you're anchored to.

If you want him to come here and re-sign, you're going to have to be willing to re-set the market for defensive ends. So I'd say you're talking 6 years, $110 million with probably $60 million guaranteed.

Shit, if I'm gonna lay out that much, I think I'd probably rather go with Clowney. I think he's more versatile with a higher upside. He's also a year younger.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:21 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:

Not true.

You're a dildo completely independent of that.
[Reply]
Page 467 of 791
« First < 367417457463464465466467 468469470471477517567 > Last »
Up