ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 386
« First < 111718192021 222324253171121 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:15 PM 07-24-2017
Gerold Dayne could've been a very interesting show character but they skipped him outright.

There were some fairly cool Dornish moments in the books but ultimately nothing that's actually necessary. Frankly, to this point, they could've been skipped altogether and nobody would've noticed. Everything they've tried has failed and I can't see how they've influenced any outcomes at all.
[Reply]
raybec 4 02:26 PM 07-24-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Gerold Dayne could've been a very interesting show character but they skipped him outright.

There were some fairly cool Dornish moments in the books but ultimately nothing that's actually necessary. Frankly, to this point, they could've been skipped altogether and nobody would've noticed. Everything they've tried has failed and I can't see how they've influenced any outcomes at all.
If they were going to put Darkstar in the show at all, they should have had him cut Myrcella's ear off. That would've at least shown what a bad ass Aerio Hotah was supposed to be. Way to bad ass to be killed by the god damn sand snakes.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:35 PM 07-24-2017
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
If they were going to put Darkstar in the show at all, they should have had him cut Myrcella's ear off. That would've at least shown what a bad ass Aerio Hotah was supposed to be. Way to bad ass to be killed by the god damn sand snakes.
Getting stabbed in the back, no less.

Yeah, the show should've bypassed dorne altogether if they were going to fuck it up this badly.

There are some neat elements of Dorne; hell, Prince Doran didn't even suck that badly in the books. The show just mangled them badly.
[Reply]
vailpass 03:46 PM 07-24-2017
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Missandei's body doe! Good Lord. T 'n' A on point.

Thankfully they let the sexy sand snake live. Maybe we'll get to see her tits again as well.
Yes X 100. Girlfriend is F-I-N-E fine.
But that story line where she gets nekkid with the eunuch is sooooo bad. I just don't get it.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 03:48 PM 07-24-2017
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Yes X 100. Girlfriend is F-I-N-E fine.
But that story line where she gets nekkid with the eunuch is sooooo bad. I just don't get it.
Um what? They love each other, he's leaving for casterly rock, he's showing he is more then just a soldier.
[Reply]
vailpass 04:06 PM 07-24-2017
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Um what? They love each other, he's leaving for casterly rock, he's showing he is more then just a soldier.
Oh dear God.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:06 PM 07-24-2017
Casterly Rock is about to get fucked by castrated men.

How much of Dany's fleet got fucked up BTW? Half?

[Reply]
GloucesterChief 04:41 PM 07-24-2017
Actually, the only time we have seen the Unsullied in urban combat they have sucked at it. Broke formation to attack people wielding daggers instead of using the superior reach of their spears.
[Reply]
lcarus 04:50 PM 07-24-2017
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Actually, the only time we have seen the Unsullied in urban combat they have sucked at it. Broke formation to attack people wielding daggers instead of using the superior reach of their spears.
They don't get enough practice using spears. :-)
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 06:41 PM 07-24-2017
Considering that Littlefinger instigating the death of John Arryn set all of the events of this entire show into motion, I actually see him as villain #1. If he goes out, I doubt it's like a bitch. I could see Bran warging into Ghost and killing him or something like that.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 06:49 PM 07-24-2017
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
Considering that Littlefinger instigating the death of John Arryn set all of the events of this entire show into motion, I actually see him as villain #1. If he goes out, I doubt it's like a bitch. I could see Bran warging into Ghost and killing him or something like that.
Sort of. His goal was simply to remove Ned by getting him to take the black. That is why it shocked everybody when Joffery decided to execute him instead.

Basically, the whole thing got kicked off because Littlefinger underestimated how much of a sociopath Joffery was.
[Reply]
vailpass 07:22 PM 07-24-2017
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Sort of. His goal was simply to remove Ned by getting him to take the black. That is why it shocked everybody when Joffery decided to execute him instead.

Basically, the whole thing got kicked off because Littlefinger underestimated how much of a sociopath Joffery was.
True. But that's enough to get him on Aria's shit list. Not to mention him pimping Sansa out to Ramsey for a rape fest. John Snow, Catlyn, any man of the North would do him for that.
[Reply]
RustShack 07:37 PM 07-24-2017
Arya will kill littlefinger when she reaches winterfell.
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:49 PM 07-24-2017
For me everything related to Dorne has been horrible the entire series, but at this point we're really just getting crazy expensive Ice and Fire fan fiction every week. Going at least as far back as season 5. And I'm fine with that, so long as there isn't too much fan service like 'oh you mis-translated that, it's actually the Prince or Princess who was promised.'

I can't wait to read the new books. If we ever get to. I don't think they'll resemble the tv series much at all aside from some obvious overall story arc stuff.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 08:03 PM 07-24-2017
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
His end will come quickly unless he changes his situation very soon. Tyrion, Sandor, and probably Bran all know he betrayed Ned.

Of course, everyone could forget just like they forgot that Jon used to be dead, or like Dany forgot that Varys was on a ship with him for months.
That whole thing with Varys and Dany was very jarring and immediately took me out of the episode. Not well timed at all. I feel like they are trying way too hard to all of the sudden create discord among Dany's group just for the sake of making it a little more dramatic.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 386
« First < 111718192021 222324253171121 > Last »
Up