ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 13
« First < 56789 10111213 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs bring back Robinson
ShowtimeSBMVP 12:53 PM 03-28-2020

The #Chiefs are re-signing WR Demarcus Robinson to a one-year deal, source said.

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) March 28, 2020

[Reply]
RealSNR 06:35 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by candyman:
It's not that cut and dry. As a general overall philosophy you take the best player available, but there are always variables that can create exceptions to the rule.
Right. If for some stupid reason Tua fell to the Chiefs at 32, we still wouldn't draft him even though he'd probably be the BPA. The same applies if a player at the same position is the BPA in every round you draft in. In those cases, you either take somebody else or find a way to get out of that pick and put your draft stock to better use.

Veach does a pretty good job of navigating the draft so that the Chiefs picks are used to select players that are almost always at the top of their board.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 06:37 PM 03-28-2020
Given the fact that there will probably not being any OTA's, and training camp could be shorter this year, I like the signing, especially with the low cap hit.
[Reply]
The Franchise 06:40 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The Chiefs drafted LJ while Priest was in his prime.

Ignoring the BPA is how the Chiefs ended up with Ryan Sims, Junior Siavii, Tank, Turk and a whole shitload of worthless players.

It's a horrible draft "strategy".
And drafting Larry Johnson cost us Troy Polamalu. The Steelers traded up to our spot for him. We should have stayed where we were and taken Polamalu.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:46 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
And drafting Larry Johnson cost us Troy Polamalu. The Steelers traded up to our spot for him. We should have stayed where we were and taken Polamalu.
Yeah, Carl made a massive mistake in trading back with Pittsburgh and passing on Polamalu.

But then again, Carl made massive mistakes each and every year in the draft, which is why the Chiefs won nothing when he ran the team.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:47 PM 03-28-2020
This. Draft a quality WR and get rid of Watkins. Then after this year we can have Hill, Hardman and the rookie as our top 3.
If that rookie receiver is Brandon Aiyuk, that’s a sickening trio of fast twitch athletes... sold
[Reply]
FAX 07:01 PM 03-28-2020
I suppose the D-Rob enmity and loathing are due to the playoff dropsies ... but (at times) so did Kelce. D-Rob played well for us and helped the Chiefs win the Super Bowl, so if Mahomes likes this deal, I'm all for it.

In retrospect (although I haven't looked up numbers or figures or digits or numerals or any of that useless crap), Sammy was probably our most solid and dependable receiver in the post-season.

Therefore, I'm still holding out hope that Sammy works out a deal with Veachy. At the moment, we have a receiving corp that is the envy of the league and it would be nice to keep it intact-ish.

That way, we can focus our attention on drafting defensive studs.

FAX
[Reply]
candyman 07:06 PM 03-28-2020
The Chiefs drafted LJ while Priest was in his prime.

Ignoring the BPA is how the Chiefs ended up with Ryan Sims, Junior Siavii, Tank, Turk and a whole shitload of worthless players.

It's a horrible draft "strategy".
You just completely sidestepped my point but okay.
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 07:07 PM 03-28-2020
I'm guessing they are preparing for losing Watkins then...I sure hope he's over the case of dropsies he had for a chunk of last year...
[Reply]
HemiEd 07:08 PM 03-28-2020
Great news! Anyone else watch that freak loss to the Titans week 10 on NFLN yesterday? Robinson had to have one of his best games ever!
[Reply]
HemiEd 07:10 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
He was garbage in the playoffs. Honestly would have rather given his money to someone else, but since he’s coming back I’ll support the move.
Wow, I will be the Chiefs just had a collective sigh of relief. Thank you for your support.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 07:12 PM 03-28-2020
This. Draft a quality WR and get rid of Watkins. Then after this year we can have Hill, Hardman and the rookie as our top 3.
Tee Higgins is the perfect compliment to the track speed of Hill and Hardman. Also a huge fan of KJ Hamler if they want to go with three burners.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:24 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by candyman:
You just completely sidestepped my point but okay.
So every once in a while, the stars align and the BPA is actually a player of need?

Awesome draft strategy!
[Reply]
candyman 07:44 PM 03-28-2020
So every once in a while, the stars align and the BPA is actually a player of need?

Awesome draft strategy!
No. BPA isn't ALWAYS the strategy you should take. Generally, yes. Always, no. Like I said before, its not that cut and dry.
[Reply]
srvy 07:54 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
If we are releasing/trading Watkins I wouldnt be shocked if that was communicated to DRob and his agent to convince him to a one year deal for so cheap. Bet on yourself. Come back and have yourself a fricken year catching the ball from Patrick Mahomes and then go get yourself a pay day. If Watkins is released would love to see us draft a WR in the first or second as DRob is inevitably gone in 2021.
He was in his contract year last year and he went ghost then dropsy. Probably why he came back numbers not as expected.
[Reply]
crispystl 08:30 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
Nothing real bad in today's standards but a few things that lowered his draft value.

Damn. He looked high as a mofo in the playoff game against the Texans for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 9 of 13
« First < 56789 10111213 >
Up