ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 163 of 211
« First < 63113153159160161162163 164165166167173 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Official 2019 STL Cardinals Thread****
BigRedChief 03:23 AM 01-10-2019
Cardinals announce 25-man Opening Day roster for the 2019 season.
Spoiler!

2019 Opening Day Line up
Spoiler!

Won the Central Division. Won the NLDS.

NLDS Playoff roster
Spoiler!

NLDS Playoff Game 1 starting lineup
Spoiler!

NLCS Game One Starting lineup
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Marcellus 01:52 PM 10-08-2019
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Shildt a miracle alright...a miracle going to Carloa again didn't end the season
Pick it apart if you want, I wasn't a fan of it, but it worked. The guy was 24/27 in save situations this season.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:02 PM 10-08-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Pick it apart if you want, I wasn't a fan of it, but it worked. The guy was 24/27 in save situations this season.
And promptly gave up a leadoff double in this appearance, only saved by the next batter's inability to move the runner over. He was lucky he didn't blow this game, too.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:04 PM 10-08-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
And promptly gave up a leadoff double in this appearance, only saved by the next batter's inability to move the runner over. He was lucky he didn't blow this game, too.
Braves are lucky we are shit at moving runners over as well I guess.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:06 PM 10-08-2019
Six earned runs in three post season games and a 20-something ERA.

Putting him back in last night was like throwing a lit match in a pool of gasoline only to have the wind extinguish the flame.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:12 PM 10-08-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Six earned runs in three post season games and a 20-something ERA.

Putting him back in last night was like throwing a lit match in a pool of gasoline only to have the wind extinguish the flame.
The craziest part of it to me was Acuna was the first batter.
[Reply]
VAChief 02:59 PM 10-08-2019
To be fair, that double was a double because we had Lonnie "skates" Smith JR. in left field. That was a basically a pop up, just some bad luck. He made his pitches after that pretty well. I wasn't a fan of the move, but it took some guts and if we are going to win anymore games it was probably a move he had to make.

I don't get the Shildt hate...he doesn't make the roster, he can only use who they give him. He won 91 games with a roster that should have finished 3rd or 4th.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 04:14 PM 10-08-2019
Braves are lucky we are shit at moving runners over as well I guess.
Yup. Almost historically bad from 3rd.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:26 PM 10-08-2019
Originally Posted by VAChief:
To be fair, that double was a double because we had Lonnie "skates" Smith JR. in left field. That was a basically a pop up, just some bad luck. He made his pitches after that pretty well. I wasn't a fan of the move, but it took some guts and if we are going to win anymore games it was probably a move he had to make.

I don't get the Shildt hate...he doesn't make the roster, he can only use who they give him. He won 91 games with a roster that should have finished 3rd or 4th.
yeah, I don’t get the Schildt hate. We bitched a lot in here about Larussa’s Management choices. Bullpen choices, stick with “my guy” approach. And he’s a Hall if Famer. Schildt is in his first full season. Turned around the embrassing defense and base running. Got them 1 game from the NLCS without even playing our best baseball.

Not his fault Mo gave out all those shit contracts. He has to coach with what’s he’s given. The bottom line is this team has went further this year than anyone who posts in here thought possible with this roster.
[Reply]
VAChief 05:44 PM 10-08-2019
Pham goes deep again...this time against Verlander.

Sure glad we dumped that cheap contract.
[Reply]
Marcellus 06:50 PM 10-08-2019
Verlander has given up 4 runs in 3 innings.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:59 PM 10-08-2019
The Astros, of all teams, going to a pitcher on short rest absolutely boggles the mind.

They understand analytics so well they did not intentionally walk a single batter this year.
[Reply]
jd1020 07:08 PM 10-08-2019
The Astros, of all teams, going to a pitcher on short rest absolutely boggles the mind.

They understand analytics so well they did not intentionally walk a single batter this year.
Who else were they going to put out there? Wade Miley got smoked in relief and for the 2nd half of the season batters are hitting damn near .300 off him. His Cinderella story has ended.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:11 PM 10-08-2019

Believe it sets them up for Cole on normal rest for the clincher and Verlander on normal rest for game 2 of the ALCS, though.

So they get Verlander for game 2, Cole for Game 3, etc.

Would be interesting to see if that was the reasoning ... or what it was.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:19 PM 10-08-2019
again reinforcing the narrative that the top shelf pitchers are more often than not pedestrian with 3 days rest in the playoffs.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:53 PM 10-08-2019

My son owns a business one street over from the stadium. They could hear the roar of the crowd through the dome. No one could ever remember hearing anything from a Rays game there. Concerts, events etc. yes, Rays game? Never until tonight.
[Reply]
Page 163 of 211
« First < 63113153159160161162163 164165166167173 > Last »
Up