ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>“They have nothing to lose”
staylor26 10:11 AM 01-17-2020
Can we just talk about how stupid this narrative is. What team this close to the SB “has nothing to lose”?

I get when people say this late in the season about a team already eliminated, and it might’ve even made a tiny bit of sense in the WC round, but this idea that the Titans have nothing to lose is fucking retarded. They think they’re going to the SB. They have everything to lose just like us.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 11:22 AM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Andy personally has more pressure on him than anyone in the league and I don't actually think it's close.

What is he, 1-5 in conference championship games? He loses this one after have a stretch where he lost 3 straight in Philly, how do you think next season goes for any of us?

For me it would feel a LOT like being a Blues fan. Every year, no matter how well the regular season went, we knew it was over in the post-season. So the regular seasons began to feel like these tedious slogs to the real test. That we were pretty sure we were going to lose.

And then suddenly they didn't. It WILL happen for you if you just keep giving yourselves bites at the apple. Andy WILL break through if he just keeps getting there. But man, the pressure will be enormous if he fails again.

He needs this win in a big way.
This is far more the bigger hurdle than Derrick Henry and the play action IMHO. Good analysis. Hopefully the saving grace prior to the game being played is that the majority of players really don't know the complete historical context leading up to this game thus avoiding additional pressure for themselves to win. You know that some of the players do know the context and hopefully it will not effect them.
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 11:23 AM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by KC Dan:
I know that we will be back in the AFCCG going forward but I want this now. Mistake-free football is needed and I believe we will win if they can accomplish that. Something other than whisky needs to quell the butterflies in my stomach...
[IMG]

via GIPHY

[/IMG]
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 11:29 AM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis:
[IMG]

via GIPHY

[/IMG]
Okay !!

[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:31 AM 01-17-2020
They like to play that card and yet Sunday is going to hurt like a real bitch if they lose.... for all involved.

Stakes are equally high here.
[Reply]
ReynardMuldrake 11:34 AM 01-17-2020
I actually agree with this. Tennessee has already overachieved, so the pressure is off. They have a tough, physical, well-coached team with a great RB and a QB who is on fire. They can take lots of risks and are going to hit us with everything they've got.

BUT

We have the best QB in the league, with a great stable of receivers, a defense that is rolling, and a probable future HOF head coach with a team as healthy as it's been all season. Playoff games aren't supposed to be easy, but we are good enough right now to beat anybody.

IF Andy keeps his foot on the gas and stays aggressive like he did against Houston, we will stomp these sons of bitches.
[Reply]
-King- 11:35 AM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
They like to play that card and yet Sunday is going to hurt like a real bitch if they lose.... for all involved.

Stakes are equally high here.
It will hurt more for chiefs and chiefs fans of we lose. I think it's dishonest to day otherwise. We had Superbowl ambitions from the second Rex Burkhead scored that touchdown in OT last season. Titans fans weren't even thinking about playoffs until like week 10 this year.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:38 AM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by -King-:
It will hurt more for chiefs and chiefs fans of we lose. I think it's dishonest to day otherwise. We had Superbowl ambitions from the second Rex Burkhead scored that touchdown in OT last season. Titans fans weren't even thinking about playoffs until like week 10 this year.
Absolutely agree.

Titans losing = Davidson losing to Kansas in the Elite Eight in 2008

Chiefs losing = Kansas losing you VCU in the Elite Eight in 2011

Tell me which fan base took the loss harder.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:41 AM 01-17-2020
Oh yeah we’d take it harder for sure but to act like it doesn’t matter to them or their players? Nonsense.

They likely won’t make it back this far with Tannehill.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:48 AM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake:
I actually agree with this. Tennessee has already overachieved, so the pressure is off. They have a tough, physical, well-coached team with a great RB and a QB who is on fire. They can take lots of risks and are going to hit us with everything they've got.

BUT

We have the best QB in the league, with a great stable of receivers, a defense that is rolling, and a probable future HOF head coach with a team as healthy as it's been all season. Playoff games aren't supposed to be easy, but we are good enough right now to beat anybody.

IF Andy keeps his foot on the gas and stays aggressive like he did against Houston, we will stomp these sons of bitches.
How the fuck is the pressure off when they’re one game away from the SB and fully expect to win?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:53 AM 01-17-2020
Another thing is, the Titans know they have to do extra things even on their best game to win. Reminds me of the Chiefs Baltimore game early in the year where Harbaugh was so nervous about up putting up points that he was pulling all kinds of crazy tricks. I wouldn't be surprised if Tennessee pulls a few trick plays out of their hat. We probably won't because if we play our game the right way and do it effectively, we will win. The Chiefs didn't panic last week other than throwing tyreek at PR, but that's hardly trickeration. The Titans have nothing to lose by gambling because the alternative is to just hope and pray we have an off game.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:04 PM 01-17-2020
I expect the Titans to go all out.

Expect lots of 4th and short attempts. 2-4 4th down conversion attempts would not surprise me at all.

They know their D can't keep up. They know they have to score points to win this game.

It took them 35 points last game, some of that on some fluke shit.

And lets not pretend that Vrabel and Tannehill aren't fully capable of shitting the bed. That carriage can turn into a pumpkin at any given moment.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:18 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I expect the Titans to go all out.

Expect lots of 4th and short attempts. 2-4 4th down conversion attempts would not surprise me at all.

They know their D can't keep up. They know they have to score points to win this game.

It took them 35 points last game, some of that on some fluke shit.

And lets not pretend that Vrabel and Tannehill aren't fully capable of shitting the bed. That carriage can turn into a pumpkin at any given moment.
Yep. And I think Reid isn’t holding anything back. He’s going to open that offense up and let it go full fucking speed. As long as the WRs can catch the ball....we’re going to score points.
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:26 PM 01-17-2020
By all accounts, the 2014 Royals were playing with house money and "had nothing to lose."

Wish someone had told me that. I was optimistic for the following year, but that night watching Gordon stranded at 3rd as the last out was recorded was fucking heartbreaking.

Yeah, it's sports, but "nothing to lose" is what the Chiefs were in the Herm/Pioli era. You had no shot, you were already done, and if you weren't already done, you weren't any good to even think about going on a late-season tear. So you go in to play Denver or some team like that with "nothing to lose," because it's true-- your fate was already sealed.

Tennessee ain't playing with nothing to lose. They've made so much progress and beaten so many good teams, and they haven't been consistent enough of a franchise to show that this is their "we've turned the corner and can consistently compete with the rest of the AFC year-to-year" moment. They have plenty to lose.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:32 PM 01-17-2020
The Titans have money to lose because if Tannehill looks like shit this game and they lose.....what the fuck do they do with him?
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:40 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
The Titans have money to lose because if Tannehill looks like shit this game and they lose.....what the fuck do they do with him?
I don't think Tannehill's quality of play in this game is going to affect his future with the Titans. They're going to extend him. Unless he has a legit nervous breakdown on the field. Like, he starts sobbing uncontrollably while ripping off his clothes at midfield. And as his teammates and coaches attempt to carry him away, he lashes out at them, throwing punches and kicks, while hissing and spitting in their faces. In order to keep everyone safe, Arrowhead security has to shoot him with a tranquilizer dart.

If that happens, then I could see them letting him walk.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up