ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Nzoner's Game Room>“They have nothing to lose”
staylor26 10:11 AM 01-17-2020
Can we just talk about how stupid this narrative is. What team this close to the SB “has nothing to lose”?

I get when people say this late in the season about a team already eliminated, and it might’ve even made a tiny bit of sense in the WC round, but this idea that the Titans have nothing to lose is fucking retarded. They think they’re going to the SB. They have everything to lose just like us.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 10:29 AM 01-17-2020
I was thinking this yesterday. Every team in the playoffs has something to lose.
[Reply]
Eleazar 10:32 AM 01-17-2020
Every team has the same thing to lose. A trip to the SB
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:35 AM 01-17-2020
Titans are not the norm for a Super Bowl contender. RBs don’t dominate the league anymore and don’t last. Tannehill is having a nice run, but it likely isn’t sustainable otherwise they never would’ve been able to acquire him so easily.

Titans likely don’t have a chance of being back in this situation next season. They have everything to lose. This may be their only shot for a long time.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:36 AM 01-17-2020
I've railed against that 'house money' shit for years.

Look - circumstances in week 12 may have said that you had no business getting here. But you're here now. That 2013 season where we weren't expected to do anything and then went 11-5 or whatever, it wasn't 'nothing to lose' in that damn Colts game. There was a TON to lose. Yes, we weren't expected to have been in that spot but then we were suddenly 1 half and 1 more game away from being in the AFCCG. And then 1 more game away from the SB.

We had absolutely as much to lose in any of those games as our opponent, regardless of the route it took to get there and the pre-season expectations. Your ante changes every week and right now the Titans have the same ante the Chiefs do.

Yeah, there's plenty to lose for Tennessee.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:38 AM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Titans are not the norm for a Super Bowl contender. RBs don’t dominate the league anymore and don’t last. Tannehill is having a nice run, but it likely isn’t sustainable otherwise they never would’ve been able to acquire him so easily.

Titans likely don’t have a chance of being back in this situation next season. They have everything to lose. This may be their only shot for a long time.
That was my thinking. Baltimore is kind of the same way but the media and their fans haven't realized it yet. This is probably Tennessees best shot at a super bowl whereas our window is pretty wide.

Doesnt matter though. We may have less to lose, but no team is hungrier after what happened last year.
[Reply]
notorious 10:38 AM 01-17-2020
Teams that “have nothing to lose” end up saying “It was a good run while it lasted” quickly.
[Reply]
ChiTown 10:45 AM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Every team has the same thing to lose. A trip to the SB
/thread
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:52 AM 01-17-2020
A team whose only offense is a 26 year old, soon-to-be free agent RB with a ridiculous amount of wear and tear doesn't have a long term window for success.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:55 AM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Can we just talk about how stupid this narrative is. What team this close to the SB “has nothing to lose”?

I get when people say this late in the season about a team already eliminated, and it might’ve even made a tiny bit of sense in the WC round, but this idea that the Titans have nothing to lose is ****ing retarded. They think they’re going to the SB. They have everything to lose just like us.
And there is the rub. Which team's will/belief is stronger to attain that destiny to be the SB LIV Champion ???

Proverbs 23:7

"For as he thinks in his heart, so is he."

We will soon find out.:-)
[Reply]
RunKC 10:56 AM 01-17-2020
There’s far more pressure on the Titans than there is for us. The Chiefs have been to back-to-back AFCCG’s. Does anyone think that stops any time soon?
[Reply]
KC Dan 10:58 AM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
There’s far more pressure on the Titans than there is for us. The Chiefs have been to back-to-back AFCCG’s. Does anyone think that stops any time soon?
I know that we will be back in the AFCCG going forward but I want this now. Mistake-free football is needed and I believe we will win if they can accomplish that. Something other than whisky needs to quell the butterflies in my stomach...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:00 AM 01-17-2020
Andy personally has more pressure on him than anyone in the league and I don't actually think it's close.

What is he, 1-5 in conference championship games? He loses this one after have a stretch where he lost 3 straight in Philly, how do you think next season goes for any of us?

For me it would feel a LOT like being a Blues fan. Every year, no matter how well the regular season went, we knew it was over in the post-season. So the regular seasons began to feel like these tedious slogs to the real test. That we were pretty sure we were going to lose.

And then suddenly they didn't. It WILL happen for you if you just keep giving yourselves bites at the apple. Andy WILL break through if he just keeps getting there. But man, the pressure will be enormous if he fails again.

He needs this win in a big way.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 11:14 AM 01-17-2020
"Nothing to lose" mentality can be an effective psychological technique to help take the pressure off and play more relaxed and focused. Does it work all the time ? No.

Again, it is all about 'real genuine self and collective perspective' coming together. And that 'coming together' can be positive, but also can turn negative very quickly.

The biggest upside for us going into this game IMHO, is that we got hit with several Left Hooks we gave to ourselves for the most part that we did not see coming and 'still recovered' very quickly 'in a playoff game' which rarely happens. Confidence gained in adversity IS HUGE and we do triumph most of the time when it hits.

Do we have that luxury this time? No we do not IMHO. BUT we showed ourselves AGAIN whatever adversity we face we can work through it. Yes there will be some mini-adversities in this game BUT it will come down to again, "as a man thinketh in his heart so is he" as to who wins this game.
[Reply]
-King- 11:18 AM 01-17-2020
No there's not lol. They're the Cinderella story. They're the team that shouldn't be in the AFCCG. If they win, it's a huge upset. If we win it's because that's what was expected of us in the first place.

There's wayyyyyy more pressure on the chiefs than Titans.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up