ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Win the toss, take the ball?
Chiefnj2 08:49 AM 01-17-2020
What do you think? If K.C. wins the coin toss would you want the ball in order to try and jump out to a lead? I think the benefit of a nice long, prolonged opening drive outweighs getting the ball to start the second half.

The D will need as much as possible in the first half so they don’t wear down tackling Henry.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 08:52 AM 01-17-2020
Nope. I like having the opportunity to finish the half and start the 2nd half with the ball. Second quarter is our quarter anyway. Let the Titans start out hot. It won't matt. This they can't keep up with this team.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:52 AM 01-17-2020
No
[Reply]
Hamwallet 08:52 AM 01-17-2020
Nothing kills a teams running game quicker then needing to score points fast. Take the ball and go up 7-0 really damn quick.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:56 AM 01-17-2020
NO! If by some chance we're tied or behind at half the last thing you want is a Henry lead 10 minute drive to start the half.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:59 AM 01-17-2020
Defer. I have a good feeling the defense is tired of hearing about Henry, and about how they looked early in the season. I think the D is gonna come out and set the tone. Adding Suggs to the defense will pay off in spades not only with his playing, but with his film breakdown and seeing the way the other team plays. Double dip at the end of half and to start the 3rd and put the game out of reach. Let Vrabel run Henry into the ground then.
[Reply]
Dartgod 08:59 AM 01-17-2020
No. Status quo. If we start treating this game different than any other game, it sends a message to the players that we are afraid of these guys.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 09:01 AM 01-17-2020
Is there a stat that demonstrates the deferring team is more likely to have the ball at the end of the first half?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:02 AM 01-17-2020
No, for the reasons listed above PLUS:

Henry gets most dangerous in the second half.

In week 10, he had like 40 yards in the first half.

140 in the second.

We've got a better shot at playing the Titans running game tough in the first part of the game.

We get some stuffs and get up big and we'll take it away from them.

We just need to see the last 3 quarters' offense and we'll be fine.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 09:09 AM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
No, for the reasons listed above PLUS:

Henry gets most dangerous in the second half.

In week 10, he had like 40 yards in the first half.

140 in the second.

We've got a better shot at playing the Titans running game tough in the first part of the game.

We get some stuffs and get up big and we'll take it away from them.

We just need to see the last 3 quarters' offense and we'll be fine.
Isn’t a large part of Henrey’s second half dominance the fact that he began to wear them down in the first half and teams grow tired of tackling him? Thus, limiting first half contact keeps the D fresher for the second half?
[Reply]
493rd 09:11 AM 01-17-2020
No, defer.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:13 AM 01-17-2020
Good call. Derrick Henry gets a lot better in the second half. We're gonna want to limit his second half possessions. Definitely don't want tenn to start the second half.

On that note, also wouldn't be surprised if tenn also chooses to kick.
[Reply]
digger 09:13 AM 01-17-2020
You don't change what you have done all year, getting the start after the half has helped us alot.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:16 AM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
Isn’t a large part of Henrey’s second half dominance the fact that he began to wear them down in the first half and teams grow tired of tackling him? Thus, limiting first half contact keeps the D fresher for the second half?
He's gonna get his UNLESS we get so far ahead they have to abandon the run. And that team was running down 9 points in the fourth quarter in week 10.

No, I think the best bet is to go ahead and defer if we win the toss. We've got a better chance of stopping them early and jumping out to a lead. Then we get the ball first possession of the 2nd half and pile on.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 09:16 AM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
What do you think? If K.C. wins the coin toss would you want the ball in order to try and jump out to a lead? I think the benefit of a nice long, prolonged opening drive outweighs getting the ball to start the second half.

The D will need as much as possible in the first half so they don’t wear down tackling Henry.
No, definitely getting the ball first second half is crucial, especially if we get a score at the end of the 1st half. It's essentially acts as a turnover and we can bust the game wide open
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up