ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: did you play Football? How far did you go?
Yes. But only sandlot and pickup games, PE class at school, etc. 15 13.04%
Yes. But only youth sports league. Once I was able to find my dingle-thingy I was only into that. 7 6.09%
Yes. I played in Youth Sports and High School. But no college. 58 50.43%
Yes. I played in high school and then for the local Jr. College. No school you’d have ever heard of. Our mascot was a sea turtle. 11 9.57%
Yes. High school up and played for a great college team. 3 2.61%
Yes. My whole life up through college but never was drafted. I own an Aunt Annie’s now. 1 0.87%
Yes. I played youth, high school, college and was an Arena or XFL player. My car license plate says S1PP1O. 0 0%
Yes. I played all my life and was drafted in the NFL but never made it past the practice squad. 0 0%
Yes. If you don’t know who I am you should leave Chiefs Planet forever. 7 6.09%
No. But I coach my kid’s pop warner team. It’s a great excuse to drink beer on a weeknight. 0 0%
No but I coach high school. I am also the school Driver’s Ed teacher. 1 0.87%
No, but I coach College. Its a great gig. My kids get free tuition. 0 0%
No, but I coach the pro’s and stop asking questions, I have a very important job to do this Sunday. 1 0.87%
No. I never played and never coached but I’ve watched enough football to give my opinions on how it should be done at every level. 6 5.22%
Never played or coached. I know little about football. I just like doing the chop, drinking and I’m mostly here for the girlypic thread. 2 1.74%
My football knowledge is on par with Gaz’s knowledge of beryllium extraction. 3 2.61%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Have you ever actually Played Football? To what level?
TinyEvel 03:54 PM 01-16-2020
It's that time of year when everyone is an analyst, coach, prognosticator, scout, trainer, journalist, etc.

Can you back up your opinion? How much on-field cred do you bring to CP?
Poll forthcoming.

Have you earned your cleats? Or are you more-suited to the nachos line on the club level.

List your level of experience and post what position.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 04:59 PM 01-16-2020
High school only but had multiple scholarships offers to all the D2 and NAIA schools in Missouri. I had hurt my shoulder in high school and said fuck it I'm done.
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:06 PM 01-16-2020
It's not my fault. My parents were overprotective.

I loved football as a child. Playing sandlot ball was probably my most common activity. We did it at school at recess and then played in yards after school. I wanted to play "mighty mite" football, but my parents refused to let me. Instead, they kept trying to push me into "safe" sports like baseball and softball. My dad put me in the car in third grade and without my knowledge or consent took me to the local little league draft, which was a disaster. I played one inning in right field all year and got a few mandatory at-bats that were usually called third strikes. I didn't know how to play baseball and was up against pitchers who were often three or four years older. (It was a small town.) It was not good for my self-esteem.

So then I asked to play "mighty mite" football the next year in a different city, and the same story was repeated, but this time it was softball.

I still harbor some resentment against my parents for that stuff.

Then in seventh grade I wanted to try out for the football team, so my parents bought me a saxophone and put me in band. That actually worked out pretty well because I learned to read music, and the cute little girl who was next to me my junior year became my first post-puberty girlfriend. Even so, I'm pretty sure that I would have been an NFL cornerback or safety if my parents had let me play mighty mite football, though. Almost positive. Probably a Hall of Famer because I would have gone into broadcasting afterwards.
[Reply]
DaKernal 05:08 PM 01-16-2020
Started in 8th grade, barely played cause I didn't know how to tackle, every other player had at least 3-4 years of experience on me.

Started at CB and was the #4 WR in 9th & 10th grade, JV. Also was on the kickoff and punt team. I was small but played aggressive which is what got me on the field, plus I was pretty fast for a little white kid.

I started 1 game at WR which I was stoked about, but our QB ignored me the whole game and just threw to his buddy on the other side, even though I repeatedly beat the man coverage they were playing on me.

Started smoking weed the summer before junior year, and that was the end of my football career. I finished with 1 career interception as my lone highlight.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:09 PM 01-16-2020
I played flag as a kid then tackle all the way through HS. I played TE and DE my entire life. All-County TE as a senior, but I was a better DE (at least I like to think I was lol). Was recruited a little by FAU, but never received an offer or anything. Since I had no desire to go out of state to some shit college, that was the end for me.

I do still play flag to this day though.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:11 PM 01-16-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Makes sense considering your entire job as a kick returner is to avoid contact.

I never thought about it but that makes sense. The wide open nature of kick return was the nearest thing to backyard football as well, which is probably why I felt more comfortable there.

Originally Posted by TLO:
I was never afraid of contact, but I was so small that I felt like Dexter McCluster being tackled by Vince Wilfork every time I got hit. It wasn't enjoyable.

It was the arms for me. When helmets and shoulder pads would scrape on my arms, especially in the cold, it would sting like crazy.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:19 PM 01-16-2020
Played a year in 8th grade then three years in HS before I blew out my knee. That's it.

Never started; was a utility guy mostly, played ST, CB, scatback, and for a half a season I played PR/KR. Starting PR/KR got mono or I never would've gotten that opportunity.

My two skills were I was fast (4:58) and I could catch. If our starting RB could catch worth a damn, I never would've played scatback.

My brother was actually a much better player in HS than I was. He was a far better overall athlete, and nearly as fast as I was.

I didn't get interested in the strategy and theory of the game until I got to college. My brother and his best friend both played for our school (D-III), and I became a fan of course, but also a fan of the game/theory through their eyes. Through them I began to understand how the game was played.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:26 PM 01-16-2020
3 years high school.

4 years college

2 years NFL bouncing around the practice squad.
1 month of Alliance of American Football until I blew out my knee
[Reply]
DaKernal 05:28 PM 01-16-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
It was the arms for me. When helmets and shoulder pads would scrape on my arms, especially in the cold, it would sting like crazy.

This was the worst part for me. I got a huge contusion from a helmet colliding with my forearm while covering a kickoff. Shit hurt like hell for several days.
[Reply]
stevieray 05:29 PM 01-16-2020
Yes, played in the planet football games, too.

Going to look for a seniors flag football league this summer.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 05:45 PM 01-16-2020
Played football in HS....9th-12th. My Sophomore year I learned I was damn good at punting and kicking FG. Was the team P/K for all 3 years. Missed my first Extra Point my Sophomore year and my final Extra Point my Senior Year. In between I hit 36 straight....would have gotten more but we absolutely sucked in football my Jr & Sr seasons.

Had my 15 minutes of fame my Sophomore year. We were the #3 ranked 3A team in the state playing the #1 ranked team in 3A....and our bitter rival. The prior 2 years the game had ended in a tie.

With 11 seconds my Coach sent me out to kick a FG with the game tied 22-22. My first attempt went just wide right because a guy got a finger on it. Unfortunately he was offsides....so with 3 seconds left I kicked a 21 yard FG to win the game.

Had a couple of small college offers and my coach said he could arrange a walk-on tryout as a P/K at Mizzou but my first love was baseball.

Alas...I was a speedy left hander with a rocket arm who couldn't hit left handers with good curveballs.

Interesting fact....Gregg Williams was the starting QB as a Sophomore during my Senior year.
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:50 PM 01-16-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
3 years high school.

4 years college

2 years NFL bouncing around the practice squad.
1 month of Alliance of American Football until I blew out my knee
Are you serious, or is this identify theft of Mike Catapano or Dadi Nicholas?
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 05:53 PM 01-16-2020
I was drafted by the Kansas City Chiefs and am currently awaiting entrance to the Ring of Honor and Pro Football HOF.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 05:56 PM 01-16-2020
I played FB/DE a few years in Pop Warner. Played FB my freshman and sophomore year before I started using/drinking and became academically ineligible. I was a good blocker, decent with the ball on short yardage, but couldn't catch AIDS from San Francisco if I tried..
[Reply]
Bugeater 06:00 PM 01-16-2020
QB for Polk High. Threw for four touchdowns in one game.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:50 PM 01-16-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I played flag as a kid then tackle all the way through HS. I played TE and DE my entire life. All-County TE as a senior, but I was a better DE (at least I like to think I was lol). Was recruited a little by FAU, but never received an offer or anything. Since I had no desire to go out of state to some shit college, that was the end for me.

I do still play flag to this day though.
I'd lock you down. Would be surprised if u get more than 15 yards in a game against me.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up