ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: did you play Football? How far did you go?
Yes. But only sandlot and pickup games, PE class at school, etc. 15 13.04%
Yes. But only youth sports league. Once I was able to find my dingle-thingy I was only into that. 7 6.09%
Yes. I played in Youth Sports and High School. But no college. 58 50.43%
Yes. I played in high school and then for the local Jr. College. No school you’d have ever heard of. Our mascot was a sea turtle. 11 9.57%
Yes. High school up and played for a great college team. 3 2.61%
Yes. My whole life up through college but never was drafted. I own an Aunt Annie’s now. 1 0.87%
Yes. I played youth, high school, college and was an Arena or XFL player. My car license plate says S1PP1O. 0 0%
Yes. I played all my life and was drafted in the NFL but never made it past the practice squad. 0 0%
Yes. If you don’t know who I am you should leave Chiefs Planet forever. 7 6.09%
No. But I coach my kid’s pop warner team. It’s a great excuse to drink beer on a weeknight. 0 0%
No but I coach high school. I am also the school Driver’s Ed teacher. 1 0.87%
No, but I coach College. Its a great gig. My kids get free tuition. 0 0%
No, but I coach the pro’s and stop asking questions, I have a very important job to do this Sunday. 1 0.87%
No. I never played and never coached but I’ve watched enough football to give my opinions on how it should be done at every level. 6 5.22%
Never played or coached. I know little about football. I just like doing the chop, drinking and I’m mostly here for the girlypic thread. 2 1.74%
My football knowledge is on par with Gaz’s knowledge of beryllium extraction. 3 2.61%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Have you ever actually Played Football? To what level?
TinyEvel 03:54 PM 01-16-2020
It's that time of year when everyone is an analyst, coach, prognosticator, scout, trainer, journalist, etc.

Can you back up your opinion? How much on-field cred do you bring to CP?
Poll forthcoming.

Have you earned your cleats? Or are you more-suited to the nachos line on the club level.

List your level of experience and post what position.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 04:30 PM 01-16-2020
Never played but my dad was an NFL player personnel guy so I got a few gigs as an OC and once was a head coach.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 04:31 PM 01-16-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I played RB one year in high school, sophomore year. At 2-a-day weigh-ins I clocked in at an impressive 5'2" 109 lbs. The assistant coach who weighed me just scoffed and said "Seriously, buddy. Eat a sandwich." :-)

I was afraid of contact. Wasn't used to that shit. Coaches used to joke with me that I was a killer when we practiced no-contact but as soon as we went live I turtled up, which was totes true.. Ended up working my way onto the field as the starting kick returner midway through the season, though.
In 9th grade, my coach told me "Son, if you were bigger, faster or stronger you'd probably be a decent football player". I didn't like contact either. But I did try my ass off. So much so that he started me on special teams as the safety on kickoffs (the guy with his hand over his head who gives the signal to charge when the kick is made...then stay back and be the absolute last line of defense on the return). I enjoyed wearing my jersey to school on game day. Heh.
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 04:37 PM 01-16-2020
Played youth and HS. Made college team on partial scholarship got hurt in summer camp. Out for the year. Got fat, drank beer and banged coeds the whole time. Coach that recruited me got fired after winless season. New coach cut me before Sophmore season. I wish I played soccer in college instead, I would be 30k less in debt than I am now.
[Reply]
srvy 04:41 PM 01-16-2020
My nickname is splinters if that means anything to ya.

typed with my trusty nose picker using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 04:42 PM 01-16-2020
Played TE in Jr. High. Then transferred to a HS that didn’t have football - played fall baseball instead. Did play intramural football in college and for 10 years in the Army ( both flag and tackle). Started as a safety, then moved to LB and finally the D-Line as I got older ( and heavier). Haven’t played an organized game in the past 25 years.

So no major experience, but I know a bit more than the average bear.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:43 PM 01-16-2020
HS- Guard and DE
JUCO for a year OLB.
[Reply]
Kman34 04:43 PM 01-16-2020
6th Grade through High School.. played mostly LB.. I liked giving the hits better than taking them.. Started LB Sophomore through Senior .. There’s nothing like being part of a team.. I think every kid , boy or girl should play some sort of team sports at some point growing up ..you learn lessons that you don’t forget...
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 04:48 PM 01-16-2020
I really wanted to pick the answer: Yes, and if you don't know who I am you should leave Chiefs Planet forever, but alas I played from age 6 thru high school.
[Reply]
Setsuna 04:50 PM 01-16-2020
I played baseball growing up, best sport in the world if you ask me.
[Reply]
redfan 04:52 PM 01-16-2020
I catch de ball.
Slot, TE
[Reply]
otherstar 04:52 PM 01-16-2020
I played from 8th grade through high school. Varsity letter in my Junior and Senior years. I played mostly d-line, but 2nd string o-line and I was on the front line of the kick return team (setting the wedge---it was the 80's).
[Reply]
rabblerouser 04:52 PM 01-16-2020
Played QB from Pop Warner until 8th grade. Took a vicious hit that gave me a concussion and made me rethink my priorities. In 9th grade I was going to have to choose between band and football as extra-curriculars, and I knew I was going to do more with music than I ever would with football. Went to high school at Paseo when it was a Performing Arts school and got a music scholarship to CMSU, so I made the right choice.
[Reply]
ChiefXO 04:55 PM 01-16-2020
Played youth league from age 5 through my senior year in Lincoln, Nebraska before joining the Navy which I was unfortunately not good enough to play football for lol
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:56 PM 01-16-2020
I'm the only person on CP who was a slow, undersized, shitty HS football player.

I know - everyone else on CP was struggling under the weight of the various all-conference/all-state medals pinned to their letter jackets while banging the head cheerleader and her mom with their 14 inch members.

I was not. An intimidating presence at 5'7'' and 135(ish) lbs, I played WR and DB. I once walked into a meeting room with a hand-drawn 83 jersey with flames coming off it on the white board. As the owner of said 83, I knew it was going to be a rough film-session. In my defense, had I been the athlete I thought I was, I'd have picked that !@#$ing ball - made a smart play to bait the QB, saw him cock back and was ready to rock - sadly, when I read the ball, got to my spot, turned my head and jumped to make the pick it went about 4 inches over my hands (despite me having all the time in the world to have gotten to the right spot) for the catch. Then I fell on my ass and the receiver housed it. Sadly on the next drive the QB audibled 2 more passes and 2 more runs my way to drive inside our 20 and my day on the defensive side of the ball was done. Like I said, rough film session.

Beat a guy deep in practice for a score and the coach was mad enough that the kid got benched for letting a scrub get over top of him (but again, in my defense - I did run a good route). He was a pretty good player - played some JUCO ball if I recall. So I'll take some pride in being a bad enough player to get a good player benched when I smoked his ass.

Only time I ever scored in game action was when I recovered a fumble in the end-zone for a touchdown, but it was a fumble from our RB...after the guy I was supposed to block smoked my ass at the line and I just happened to be chasing him because I knew I fucked up. Guy stripped the ball and it bounced over to me so I jumped on it for the score.

I was tough as shit, I'll say that. I got fucking blasted a few times and popped right up (and then once got pulled out of a huddle by the coach afterwards for yacking). You tend to get hit pretty damn hard when you have the elusiveness of a baby elephant. And I once put an open field tackle on the guy who is now the pitching coach for the Chicago Cubs.

But after my Junior season my WR coach (who noticed I had a growth spurt between my soph/jr years and talked me into coming back out after I had decided I wasn't going to play that yr) gave off-season conditioning programs and possible roles on next year's team to all the receivers on the squad. Well....almost all of 'em. Probably should've seen it coming when there were 2 games left in the season and I was something like 2 quarters short of getting a letter for the year. Coach could've stuck my ass in for a couple of plays or even on special teams. Hell, we were even getting smoked in the last game. I did not get those 2 quarters.

When you show up, bust your ass, know the playbook backwards and forwards, have good footwork and even pretty damn good hands and STILL can't get the coach to even toss you a couple of courtesy snaps so you can get a damn letter even after your perfect off-season conditioning record....man, you just suck something terrible.

So yeah, I was just god-awful. To this day I'm a pretty damn good athlete (still play CF and SS in softball) but I just lacked the hitters mentality for defense and offensively had nowhere near the speed to make up for being relatively short and extremely undersized for a Division 5a squad. By 20 I was 6'0'' and 175 lbs but that meant precisely fuck-all when I was 17.
[Reply]
Shag 04:58 PM 01-16-2020
MLB/TE/long snapper through HS. Was an average player - baseball was my sport. My favorite, though, was Jr High - I was right on the weight limit between lightweight/heavyweight divisions, so I occasionally played safety for lightweights. Being the biggest guy on the field, with a running start for most tackles, was the absolute best.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Up