ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: did you play Football? How far did you go?
Yes. But only sandlot and pickup games, PE class at school, etc. 15 13.04%
Yes. But only youth sports league. Once I was able to find my dingle-thingy I was only into that. 7 6.09%
Yes. I played in Youth Sports and High School. But no college. 58 50.43%
Yes. I played in high school and then for the local Jr. College. No school you’d have ever heard of. Our mascot was a sea turtle. 11 9.57%
Yes. High school up and played for a great college team. 3 2.61%
Yes. My whole life up through college but never was drafted. I own an Aunt Annie’s now. 1 0.87%
Yes. I played youth, high school, college and was an Arena or XFL player. My car license plate says S1PP1O. 0 0%
Yes. I played all my life and was drafted in the NFL but never made it past the practice squad. 0 0%
Yes. If you don’t know who I am you should leave Chiefs Planet forever. 7 6.09%
No. But I coach my kid’s pop warner team. It’s a great excuse to drink beer on a weeknight. 0 0%
No but I coach high school. I am also the school Driver’s Ed teacher. 1 0.87%
No, but I coach College. Its a great gig. My kids get free tuition. 0 0%
No, but I coach the pro’s and stop asking questions, I have a very important job to do this Sunday. 1 0.87%
No. I never played and never coached but I’ve watched enough football to give my opinions on how it should be done at every level. 6 5.22%
Never played or coached. I know little about football. I just like doing the chop, drinking and I’m mostly here for the girlypic thread. 2 1.74%
My football knowledge is on par with Gaz’s knowledge of beryllium extraction. 3 2.61%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Have you ever actually Played Football? To what level?
TinyEvel 03:54 PM 01-16-2020
It's that time of year when everyone is an analyst, coach, prognosticator, scout, trainer, journalist, etc.

Can you back up your opinion? How much on-field cred do you bring to CP?
Poll forthcoming.

Have you earned your cleats? Or are you more-suited to the nachos line on the club level.

List your level of experience and post what position.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 04:12 PM 01-16-2020
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
When I tell people that I played college ball, I try to leave out the fact that it was at William Jewell. If they want to think I played at a D1 powerhouse, that’s their fault.
I do the same thing. Different school but same approach.
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:12 PM 01-16-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Ended up working my way onto the field as the starting kick returner midway through the season, though.
Makes sense considering your entire job as a kick returner is to avoid contact.
[Reply]
HemiEd 04:13 PM 01-16-2020
We have had this thread several times, in fact I even started it once.

I went out for HS football, because all the chicks were so interested in the players. Got two broken ribs the first practice, end of my football career, fuck this shit.

In retrospect, I think the coach put me on the line just to get rid of this skinny kid and not have to deal with me.

Fell in love with the Chiefs while stationed on Guam watching the 2 month old replay of the 69 SB on armed forces network. Doubt if that still exists.
[Reply]
suzzer99 04:13 PM 01-16-2020
If 9th grade and one practice in 10th grade counts as high school I'm in.

I went to Blue Springs - we dressed over 100 kids for games. There was no chance I'd ever start there, and I was going to have to ride my bike to two a days for weeks in 100 degree heat. I hated quitting but it was a pretty easy decision.
[Reply]
TLO 04:17 PM 01-16-2020
Was a decent high school HB. Baseball was my sport, but I was fast enough to play some football. If I was taller I probably could have been a good QB.

Luckily being short in baseball doesn't matter much.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 04:20 PM 01-16-2020
Originally Posted by digger:
Flag football + linemen.
Flag football has linemen?

Do you have to say "one potato, two potato, three potato" before rushing the passer?
[Reply]
FlaChief58 04:22 PM 01-16-2020
I don't like to talk about it, but I'm a legend in division 9 peewee in northeast Kansas.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 04:22 PM 01-16-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I played in middle school, high school, and 1 year of small college football.

One thing is very true: each level is so much stronger than the last. High School is a completely different level from Middle School. Small College even more so than High School.

I can only assume D1 is ridiculous compared to small college ball. I can’t even fathom what the Pros must be like.
True. My wife's cousin was an all-star WR in high school. Naturally gifted with a sick hilight reel. He was recruited by Stanford. Went to summer workouts and dropped out after a week. Too physical. Something happened and he just lost his desire.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 04:23 PM 01-16-2020
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
I don't like to talk about it, but I'm a legend in division 9 peewee in northeast Kansas.
Corncob for life!!
[Reply]
TLO 04:24 PM 01-16-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I played RB one year in high school, sophomore year. At 2-a-day weigh-ins I clocked in at an impressive 5'2" 109 lbs. The assistant coach who weighed me just scoffed and said "Seriously, buddy. Eat a sandwich." :-)

I was afraid of contact. Wasn't used to that shit. Coaches used to joke with me that I was a killer when we practiced no-contact but as soon as we went live I turtled up, which was totes true.. Ended up working my way onto the field as the starting kick returner midway through the season, though.
I was never afraid of contact, but I was so small that I felt like Dexter McCluster being tackled by Vince Wilfork every time I got hit. It wasn't enjoyable.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 04:24 PM 01-16-2020
Originally Posted by rydogg58:
Never anything organized, but I was the Tecmo Super Bowl champion of 3rd floor Freddy hall at SMSU for 2 years straight. So, yeah...I'm kind of a big deal.
dang. i meant to put a Madden/Tecmo bowl option in the poll but forgot. :-)
[Reply]
Iowanian 04:24 PM 01-16-2020
If Coach would have put me in during the 4th quarter we could have won state.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:27 PM 01-16-2020
Interior OL, JV. Got bored and quit.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 04:28 PM 01-16-2020
Played Pee wee, Jr High and High School until my sophomore year, when I decided playing guitar was more my thing than playing football. I was a DB for the most part, but by the time I got to 10th grade I was relegated to B-teamer, A team fodder who played both sides of the ball so I could get killed every day in practice ala Rudy without the stamina, will or desire.

I love the game, and I was a decent assistant coach when my son played. I know the game, but I'm not an expert in the ins and outs of all the x's and o's. I'd call myself a knowledgeable fan but not an expert. Which is why I rarely criticize coaches or players because I KNOW I never was that good at it.
[Reply]
MontyKC 04:29 PM 01-16-2020
I was good for a small high school lineman. Lost about 40 lbs after my senior year and got more interested in girls. Sigh. What could have been.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up