ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 63
1 23451151 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Lamar Jackson wasn't, isn't, and never will be better than Patrick Mahomes
Wallcrawler 09:14 AM 01-16-2020
This "Lamar Jackson is in the same league as Mahomes" nonsense on every football related show I see needs to stop.

Lamar Jackson, on the biggest stage, has now shit down his leg in both opportunities. Lamar is a player who has to have everything around him working perfectly to have success. Put him down 2 scores and ask him to carry the team, he cannot answer the bell.

There's a big difference between a running quarterback, and a quarterback who can run. Lamar Jackson and The Ravens ran 88 plays and put up 12 points.

Jackson attempted 59 passes, only threw one touchdown, but also threw two picks and lost a fumble. 12 points on 59 pass attempts should tell you all you need to know about Lamar as a QB when the lights are the brightest.

Nobody would bat an eye if before the game, soneone told us Pat would put the ball up 59 times. Matter of fact, id be pretty excited to see how many points and yards he would put up in that span of plays.

When things got bad for both QBs, you saw the odds on favorite to win the MVP this year get visible frustrated, press, and ultimately fold. He was nowhere to be seen trying to work out what was happening, rallying his team, he simply pouted on the sideline as his team fell further behind.

The reigning MVP had literally no quit. Its one thing to say after the fact, that we had faith all along, its quite another for that to be true.

Down 24, think about that for a moment. 24. Mahomes is captured, in that moment on the sideline saying we have everything we want. Everyones already counted us the **** out, so go do something special.

Then, to walk the walk after talking the talk, leading the team to 7 straight touchdowns and 8 scoring drives, throwing 5 touchdown passes, and displaying a fiery emotion that if you dont feel anything when you see this kid going nuts after a huge play, call the coroner, because youre already dead.

The two qbs could not be further apart. Jackson cannot hold Mahomes jock when it comes to putting the team on his back.

Lamar should consider signing with KC as a running back. Its the only way barring injury to Mahomes, that hes ever getting a ring.

Mahomes is the MVP. Its not even close. Lamar is a running back executing the halfback pass play about 20-25 times a game.

Jacksons first two years have ended with dud playoff performances.

Mahomes first two years as a starter sees his team hosting back to back AFC title games for a frachise that in its entire history never hosted a single one before he arrived.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:17 AM 01-16-2020
Hear, Here!

IN.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 09:17 AM 01-16-2020
Look no further than Mahomes vs Jackson to differentiate between a QB who can run vs a running QB.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 09:19 AM 01-16-2020
To add: I’d take Watson over Jackson as well.

Jackson’s composure while down was not encouraging whatsoever.
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:22 AM 01-16-2020
Jackson doesn't have the accuracy to be an elite QB in the league. That's pretty much a requirement and he doesn't have it.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:23 AM 01-16-2020
The good news for the Ravens is it’s not like you have to invest THAT much more in getting him some offensive weapons. How do you improve on any of this? Maybe you find him a speed back for 3rd down, and even then, are you sure you’re not just better served having Lamar tote the rock himself?

The bad news is you now depend on Lamar being a better thrower such that he can run an offense with mix concepts... you know... a real NFL offense. I happen to believe his arm is good enough to accomplish that goal, but it’s going to be a problem getting him to add in things that aren’t in his comfort zone. After all, if you do one thing so damn well, why force the guy to sprinkle in more plays that require him to use his weaknesses?

Lamar puts in the work. Does he put in the right KIND of work? Is Roman adept enough at teaching Lamar how to work?
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:26 AM 01-16-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
The good news for the Ravens is it’s not like you have to invest THAT much more in getting him some offensive weapons. How do you improve on any of this? Maybe you find him a speed back for 3rd down, and even then, are you sure you’re not just better served having Lamar tote the rock himself?

The bad news is you now depend on Lamar being a better thrower such that he can run an offense with mix concepts... you know... a real NFL offense. I happen to believe his arm is good enough to accomplish that goal, but it’s going to be a problem getting him to add in things that aren’t in his comfort zone. After all, if you do one thing so damn well, why force the guy to sprinkle in more plays that require him to use his weaknesses?

Lamar puts in the work. Does he put in the right KIND of work? Is Roman adept enough at teaching Lamar how to work?
What if Lamar gets hurt?

Chiefs have proven they can beat playoff teams with Matt "Midnight Hour" Moore at QB.

Ravens still haven't won a playoff game WITH Jackson in two postseason appearances.
[Reply]
Kman34 09:31 AM 01-16-2020
The stoic sitting the bench thing got me too... it’s like he can’t be coached up because all he does is run and isn’t that great at reading coverages..
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 09:33 AM 01-16-2020

I don’t see any addition to the team that would aide Lamar in digging out of a hole, which still leaves the necessity to take and hold the lead for the Ravens.

There is a reason that type of offense isn’t sustainable.

Also, I don’t know what kind of work can be put in to prevent your QB from turtling when things don’t work as planned. I knew the Ravens were going to lose the moment he started isolating himself and pouting on the sidelines.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 09:35 AM 01-16-2020
Where are the Lamar ballwashers that were bragging him up all year? I remember someone calling him Lamarvelous. Funny how those guys are quiet after seeing him dismal performance against the Titans. I said that they would be one and done in the playoffs. And I'm not the only one who thought that. Running backs behind center never have and never will be successful long term in the NFL.
[Reply]
FringeNC 09:37 AM 01-16-2020
Is there a GM in football who would take Jackson over Mahomes?
[Reply]
RunKC 09:38 AM 01-16-2020

He does have a speed back. Justice Hill runs a 4.4. He’s fast as shit.
And he has Boyle, Anderson and Hurst at TE. And he has Hollywood Brown. And he has Mark Ingram.
AND he has a good OL.

Lamar can’t pass the ball well. Yeah there were drops, but part of that was terrible accuracy on Lamar’s part. That’s the truth.

The Titans dared that fucker to pass and he was awful. He’s Alex Smith throwing the ball 20+ yards. He can’t get velocity on outside throws or deep ones.

It will never get better for Lamar than it is now. He just doesn’t have the skills or talent that Mahomes does.
[Reply]
-King- 09:42 AM 01-16-2020
No real football fan thinks he is.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:47 AM 01-16-2020
Neat.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:47 AM 01-16-2020
Lamar Jackson set the record for carries by a QB as a rookie. He then broke that record this year.

His success isn’t sustainable unless he dramatically changes his style of play. The first injury will happen. He’ll come back a step slower. He’ll still think he can make the plays he used to. He’ll take worse hits. He’ll get injured again and again.

It’s fun to watch in the short term, but it will not last. The League can protect you as a passer, but when you become a runner you’re fair game.

I’m skeptical that he can or will change his style of play. If it was easy (or even possible) to become a great pocket passer after getting to the NFL, you would see far fewer busts. He’s been playing this way his entire life. I doubt he can change his instincts, muscle memory, and fundamentals in an offseason.

This is similar to players going to the NBA who can’t shoot. You hear frequently that Player X “could be an All Star if he can develop a realizable outside shot.” Learning a skill like that takes a lot of time. It’s hard to develop that when you’re already in your 20’s.

Maybe he’ll settle in and become a great passer who makes all the throws. I’m just doubtful it will ever happen.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 63
1 23451151 > Last »
Up