ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Nzoner's Game Room>Sickness hits the Chiefs locker room ahead of AFC Championship
Hammock Parties 07:20 PM 01-15-2020
:-)

Originally Posted by :
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (WIBW) -- Chiefs Head Coach Andy Reid says there is an illness going around the Chiefs locker room.

In a report from CBS Sports, running back LeSean McCoy and backup quarterback Matt Moore were not at practice Wednesday due to being sick.

Reid did not say what kind of sickness or if it was contagious.

While it is only two players, CBS Sports says “the fact that multiple players are dealing with an illness just days ahead of a conference championship game is noteworthy.”

[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:54 AM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Fair enough. I think since I don't have children I have an advantage, it's very easy for me to not get sick. Parents have to deal with their children coming home from school after rolling around touching everything, without a care in the world to disease.

But I play poker and handle chips all of the time which one would think could be a death wish. I've made a more concerted effort to not touch my face, or handles with my entire hand when I'm out in public but I've never had an issue with getting the flu. Someday something like the movie Contagion will happen and we will all bite the bullet.

I didn’t get sick much until we had the kids. No kids/worked from home.

Years 2 and 4 (really any year they start a New school) have been brutal. I’ve had strep 3 times this year and my doc told me I should really think about having my tonsils out.

But yeah, man. Keep those hands clean.

And think about the shot.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:59 AM 01-17-2020
I have had the flu once in the last 10 years....and that was 10 years ago.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:24 AM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Maybe I've got the flu, but didn't even know it because I'm just simply so manly? Perhaps that is it?
I challenge you to take 15 different flights in a 6-week span in December and January and not get sick.
[Reply]
TLO 09:52 AM 01-17-2020
Is it too late to get a flu shot?
[Reply]
lcarus 11:26 AM 01-17-2020
Based on that 1st quarter against Houston, I think we're more than safe. Many of these guys can't catch a cold.
[Reply]
Frosty 01:34 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I didn’t get sick much until we had the kids. No kids/worked from home.

Years 2 and 4 (really any year they start a New school) have been brutal. I’ve had strep 3 times this year and my doc told me I should really think about having my tonsils out.

But yeah, man. Keep those hands clean.

And think about the shot.
My wife works in an elementary school so is constantly exposed to some plague or another. I never used to get sick but with her at the school and me now in my 50s, I started coming down with the flu more often. Last year, I got the flu two days before Christmas and was really sick until almost New Years. It really ruined Christmas.

This year, I decided to get a flu shot to try to avoid that again. It cost me nothing, took only a few minutes at the pharmacy and didn't hurt. Maybe it's just coincidence but I haven't even had a cold this year, let alone the flu. As far as I can tell, there's no downside. I know it doesn't cover all strains but it can't hurt to cover at least the main strain.

I also started the shingles vaccine a couple of weeks before that. Now that one knocked me on my ass. I was under the weather all weekend. I'm supposed to get the second part of it here in a couple of weeks and am not looking forward to it. However, several of my family members have had a shingles and I definitely don't want that.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:50 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by Frosty:
My wife works in an elementary school so is constantly exposed to some plague or another. I never used to get sick but with her at the school and me now in my 50s, I started coming down with the flu more often. Last year, I got the flu two days before Christmas and was really sick until almost New Years. It really ruined Christmas.

This year, I decided to get a flu shot to try to avoid that again. It cost me nothing, took only a few minutes at the pharmacy and didn't hurt. Maybe it's just coincidence but I haven't even had a cold this year, let alone the flu. As far as I can tell, there's no downside. I know it doesn't cover all strains but it can't hurt to cover at least the main strain.

I also started the shingles vaccine a couple of weeks before that. Now that one knocked me on my ass. I was under the weather all weekend. I'm supposed to get the second part of it here in a couple of weeks and am not looking forward to it. However, several of my family members have had a shingles and I definitely don't want that.
I had shingles in college. It sucks. Smart to get the vaccine.
[Reply]
SAUTO 01:54 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I got a flu shot for the first time in a decade and here I sit with a 102.2 fever and the flu and a decent chance of missing the AFCCG.
Damn. Sorry to hear that. Really sucks
[Reply]
Renegade 02:04 PM 01-17-2020
Before November, I never had a flu shot. In my lifetime I have neither had the flu or a cold. I was mandated by my Dr. to get a flu shot before I could begin a new drug. I am hoping I don't come down with the flu now.
[Reply]
SupDock 02:06 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Is it too late to get a flu shot?
Definitely not.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:29 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by Renegade:
Before November, I never had a flu shot. In my lifetime I have neither had the flu or a cold. I was mandated by my Dr. to get a flu shot before I could begin a new drug. I am hoping I don't come down with the flu now.

People who develop flu symptoms from the shot do so in the first 24 hours or so after receiving it.

If you had the shot a while ago, you’re not going to develop flu symptoms from it. You might still catch another strain of the flu, but again, the vaccine should lessen the effect of any flu you might catch later.

Good advice from a nurse friend: hydrate like crazy and load up on Vitamin C (take emergen-C or something like it for a few days) leading up to your flu shot. Get plenty of rest, too.

The better shape your body is in overall when you get the shot, the better it will react.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up