ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Whitney Houston makes the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame!....uh....WTF?
Deberg_1990 02:08 PM 01-15-2020
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...143443193.html

This year’s six inductees for the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame were announced Wednesday morning, and they are Whitney Houston, Depeche Mode, the Notorious B.I.G., Nine Inch Nails, the Doobie Brothers, and T. Rex.
Notably absent from the Class of 2020, however, was Pat Benatar.

The fact that Benatar — one of the most successful female artists of the 1980s, who undoubtedly set the template for female hard rock singers at a time when few female hard rock singers had a presence on the charts or at rock radio — had never been nominated before had been a subject of annual Hall protest. She was widely predicted to be a lock this year, especially considering that last year’s inductee, Janet Jackson, had implored in her Rock Hall acceptance speech to thunderous applause: “Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, please, 2020: Induct more women!” (Only three female artists total were on this year’s Hall ballot, the other two being Houston and passed-over four-time nominee Rufus featuring Chaka Khan. Women make up less than 8 percent of all Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Inductees.)

Benatar actually came in second in this year’s online Fan Vote. Also not making the Class of 2020 cut were the Dave Matthews Band, who actually topped the Fan Vote by a wide margin. (It is noteworthy that the seven previous winners of the Fan Vote had all been inducted in their years).
Along with Benatar, hard/classic rock in general was passed over, with nominees Motörhead, Thin Lizzy, Todd Rundgren, the MC5, and two other artists that made the top five of the Fan Vote, Judas Priest and Soundgarden, all not getting in.

It was also interesting that six-time nominees Kraftwerk were passed over in favor of their logical successors Depeche Mode and Nine Inch Nails, since it could easily be argued that all electronic music can be traced back in some way to the German techno pioneers.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:06 PM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
Indeed..... :-)

Three Dog Night
The Grass Roots
The Yardbirds
Grand Funk Railroad

I could go on for an hour.
Could've swore the Yardbirds are already in.
Yeah, inducted in 1992.
[Reply]
Mennonite 06:07 PM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by kcxiv:
as it should be!

This is the future kcxiv wants:

[Reply]
F150 06:08 PM 01-15-2020
Pat Benetar gets passed over.

So fuck it.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 06:09 PM 01-15-2020
80's special effects weren't so special. But oh that f'in dress. :-) (Yeah, lady could sing a little bit.)

More Vintage Whitney....

[Reply]
Randallflagg 06:09 PM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Could've swore the Yardbirds are already in.
Yeah, inducted in 1992.

Yep - my bad. I don't really pay a great deal of attention anymore. It has gotten to be such a joke that it's hard to take it seriously any longer.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:10 PM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
Gimme this bad boy all day.

[Reply]
KC Dan 06:10 PM 01-15-2020
They should just get rid of the fan vote and rename the damn award. It's a joke.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 06:24 PM 01-15-2020
She may not be "rock-n-roll", but this is the kind of passion you want to come home to....

[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:30 PM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
She may not be "rock-n-roll", but this is the kind of passion you want to come home to....

https://youtu.be/cm_cFzVAoo8

Chaka Khan is more rock and roll than Whitney ****ing Houston.

****ing Janet ****ing Jackson is more rock and roll than Shitney Houston. "Black Cat", anyone?
[Reply]
srvy 06:56 PM 01-15-2020
'Out of rock acts!?'

Soundgarden
Faith No More
Black Crowes
KISS
Humble Pie (Frampton and Marriot!!)
Canned Heat
Bad Company
Def Leppard
Boston
Blue Oyster Cult
Joe Fucking Cocker
Steppenwolf
Ten Years After (Alvin Fuckin' Lee!)
War
Johnny Fucking Winter
Thin Fucking Lizzy
Television
Flying Burrito Brothers/Gram Fucking Parsons
New York Fucking Dolls
Mott the Fucking Hoople
Little Feat
King Crimson
Judas Fucking Priest
Iron Fucking Maiden
Love
The Guess Who
Grand Funk
Delaney & Bonnie & Friends

And that's just off the top of my head.
Thats a fine fucking list off the top of your head. Needs Warren Zevon added though:-)
[Reply]
srvy 07:01 PM 01-15-2020
I wonder if The Ramones will ever be inducted into the National Rhythm & Blues Hall of Fame Foundation:-)
[Reply]
T-post Tom 07:03 PM 01-15-2020

****ing Janet ****ing Jackson is more rock and roll than Shitney Houston. "Black Cat", anyone?
Sorry, I took on a turn on Carnal Blvd and got lost. Not sure how much rock and roll any of them are. But they could all sing and looked damn good doing it. Give me 70's Chaka, 80's Whitney and Janet... all on a 5 day bender in Las Vegas and I would die a happy man.
[Reply]
srvy 07:07 PM 01-15-2020

Tina Turner is probably in but I bet Ike ain't but should be as a team.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 07:09 PM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
Tina Turner is probably in but I bet Ike ain't but should be as a team.
#MeTooButNotIke
#BigWheelsRollin'HisRaggedyAssThePhkOut
[Reply]
scho63 08:55 PM 01-15-2020
Yeah, when I think of Rock and Roll, Whitney Houston goes to the top of the list....:-)
[Reply]
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Up