ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 10
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Whitney Houston makes the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame!....uh....WTF?
Deberg_1990 02:08 PM 01-15-2020
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...143443193.html

This year’s six inductees for the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame were announced Wednesday morning, and they are Whitney Houston, Depeche Mode, the Notorious B.I.G., Nine Inch Nails, the Doobie Brothers, and T. Rex.
Notably absent from the Class of 2020, however, was Pat Benatar.

The fact that Benatar — one of the most successful female artists of the 1980s, who undoubtedly set the template for female hard rock singers at a time when few female hard rock singers had a presence on the charts or at rock radio — had never been nominated before had been a subject of annual Hall protest. She was widely predicted to be a lock this year, especially considering that last year’s inductee, Janet Jackson, had implored in her Rock Hall acceptance speech to thunderous applause: “Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, please, 2020: Induct more women!” (Only three female artists total were on this year’s Hall ballot, the other two being Houston and passed-over four-time nominee Rufus featuring Chaka Khan. Women make up less than 8 percent of all Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Inductees.)

Benatar actually came in second in this year’s online Fan Vote. Also not making the Class of 2020 cut were the Dave Matthews Band, who actually topped the Fan Vote by a wide margin. (It is noteworthy that the seven previous winners of the Fan Vote had all been inducted in their years).
Along with Benatar, hard/classic rock in general was passed over, with nominees Motörhead, Thin Lizzy, Todd Rundgren, the MC5, and two other artists that made the top five of the Fan Vote, Judas Priest and Soundgarden, all not getting in.

It was also interesting that six-time nominees Kraftwerk were passed over in favor of their logical successors Depeche Mode and Nine Inch Nails, since it could easily be argued that all electronic music can be traced back in some way to the German techno pioneers.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 02:23 PM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
There was something in the air....that night
The stars were bright..... Frazodo
Took me a second.......then figured it out........now have that damn song in my head!!! :-)
[Reply]
LiveSteam 02:29 PM 01-15-2020
I heard they snubbed Sound Garden.
What beta shit show.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 02:30 PM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
Took me a second.......then figured it out........now have that damn song in my head!!! :-)
My Pops. Born 1930. Loved that dam song.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 02:30 PM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Abba is one of the top ten most successful bands of all time in terms of sales and hits maybe you should have a rock n roll hall of fame in your basement for bands you enjoy more than others.
ABBA sold a shit ton of records, but they never played any rock n roll. And neither did Whitney Houston.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:31 PM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
And Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeiii will al-ways love her rendition of the star spangled banner.
Best rendition I've ever seen.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 02:33 PM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Best rendition I've anybody has ever seen.
FYP
[Reply]
LiveSteam 02:33 PM 01-15-2020
ABBAs SOS wouldn't fall under some type of rock-n-roll?
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:34 PM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
ABBA sold a shit ton of records, but they never played any rock n roll. And neither did Whitney Houston.
Then take every pop star out of the hall of fame

Even less reason to visit Cleveland, works for me. Then one person can go to the Thin Lizzy induction ceremony won't that be a hoot? Maybe they can play The Boy Is Back In Town
[Reply]
Gravedigger 02:35 PM 01-15-2020
Maybe they're the same folks who gave a Grammy to Jethro Tull instead of Metallica in 1989 for Best Hard Rock/Metal Performance.
[Reply]
Dartgod 02:35 PM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
They inducted Abba. They haven't inducted Boston.

Seriously, that's all you need to know about these ****ing dildos.
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Boston isn't in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame? Boston? That's insane.
Seriously? What a joke.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 02:35 PM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
I'm ok with Whitney. Is B.I.G deserving?
Neither one are more deserving than Soundgardan.

The RnR HOF has been a joke for some time. Now, it's just a travesty.
[Reply]
Spott 02:36 PM 01-15-2020
Slayer should be in there.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 02:38 PM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Then take every pop star out of the hall of fame

Even less reason to visit Cleveland, works for me. Then one person can go to the Thin Lizzy induction ceremony won't that be a hoot? Maybe they can play The Boy Is Back In Town
Fine by me. I'm not going there anyway.

Thin Lizzy should get in just based on the hilarious name of the band alone.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 02:39 PM 01-15-2020
Depeche Mode...jfc...

There's a handful left that deserve it, but they're basically running out of "rock" acts to induct. Its going to be more and more rap, lightweight pop, and horrible EDM-type stuff.

And given that "rock" isnt that popular anymore, who's left for the future...Foo Fighters and...?
[Reply]
LiveSteam 02:46 PM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
Depeche Mode...jfc...

There's a handful left that deserve it, but they're basically running out of "rock" acts to induct. Its going to be more and more rap, lightweight pop, and horrible EDM-type stuff.

And given that "rock" isnt that popular anymore, who's left for the future...Foo Fighters and...?
Cosmo and the Butt Plugs :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 10
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up