ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 14
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chris Jones is NOT ACTIVE for today’s game per Jesse Palmer...
DaFace 12:28 PM 01-12-2020
Well fuck.

Source tells me the same thing on #Chiefs DE Chris Jones, who was on the field less than an hour ago warming up under the watching eye of some Chiefs staffers.

Chiefs will go into this game down a big member of the defensive line. https://t.co/oaitZ2hLk0

— Herbie Teope (@HerbieTeope) January 12, 2020

[Reply]
RealSNR 12:47 PM 01-12-2020
Geez... we sure got some locker room insider reporters on this forum, don't we?

If the guy can't go, he can't go. If he played and further strained it (like what happened to Fisher earlier in the year) we'd all be pissed at Reid and his training staff. We have zero clue about what the injury is or how it would affect Jones' play. Would he be effective, or would he be like Frank Clark when he was injured, in which case we'd all probably prefer that he sit on the bench anyway?

Look, I kinda hope we tag and trade Jones just for $$$ purposes and to balance out the team for the future. I'm not calling into question his desire or his effort for the team, because I have zero clue what the situation actually is.

You'd think the Tyreek Hill situation would have taught some of you a lesson about prematurely assuming Chiefs players are/aren't pieces of shit
[Reply]
DaFace 12:48 PM 01-12-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:
Someone posted in the other thread that Jones is 0-3 as in 3 years of playoffs, 3 years never played due to injuries.

Can anyone confirm that?

Horrendous luck: Chris Jones has now missed all or part of two of the Chiefs' last four playoff games.

— Sam Mellinger (@mellinger) January 12, 2020

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:49 PM 01-12-2020
Is Mahomes healthy and available? Yes.

Then we got this.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 12:49 PM 01-12-2020
Originally Posted by TEX:
It sure very well could change the result. Like I said earlier, Watson can handle pressure from the outside very well, its up the middle where he has big problems with it. Make no mistake, this is a huge loss.
Spags may have to run stunts to generate the interior pressure needed. Jones is a huge blow to the team, but Spags has shown he can get creative.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:49 PM 01-12-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
Losing Jones will not change the result of this game. I'm just sick of his absence when the lights shine the brightest.

Me too.

Sign & trade him.
[Reply]
Eleazar 12:49 PM 01-12-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
So since he's missing all of this one, that means he previously missed part of 1 game out of the possible 3?
[Reply]
Chief Northman 12:50 PM 01-12-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Where have you heard whispers about him not buying in? Voices in your head? You stupid ****ing idiot.
Ummm.... Like since college you fucking retard. Read some of the scouting reports on him coming out.
Freelances in the run game, and Sutton let him get away with it before Daly/Spags came to town where he’s finally started to clean up some of his shit.
[Reply]
Dartgod 12:51 PM 01-12-2020
So Petro was full of shit or is Andy lying?
[Reply]
Eleazar 12:51 PM 01-12-2020
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan:
Spags may have to run stunts to generate the interior pressure needed. Jones is a huge blow to the team, but Spags has shown he can get creative.
They've known for most of the week that Jones was a question mark, and they've played games without him earlier this year. It's not like Spagnuolo is going to be shocked and dumbfounded at this news. They will have a plan, and it's up to others to execute.
[Reply]
notorious 12:51 PM 01-12-2020
Don't kid yourselves, the Chiefs knew he wasn't going to play at least by Thursday.

The players have been preparing to play without him. Just thank goodness this didn't happen Friday or yesterday.
[Reply]
Three7s 12:51 PM 01-12-2020
Because Chiefs
[Reply]
DaFace 12:52 PM 01-12-2020
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Has Petro even mentioned it outside of an offhanded comment on the air? I haven't seen anyone (including him) specifically say that it was definitely hurt during the basketball game.
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 12:52 PM 01-12-2020
Tag and Trade. He’s already starting to develop that broke dick syndrome. Don’t need another high dollar player sitting on the sideline like Berry did us.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 12:52 PM 01-12-2020
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
They've known for most of the week that Jones was a question mark, and they've played games without him earlier this year. It's not like Spagnuolo is going to be shocked and dumbfounded at this news. They will have a plan, and it's up to others to execute.
Exactly what I was mentioning. They knew the probability better than anyone else. They have their plan in place to get after Watson.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 12:52 PM 01-12-2020
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Petro may be full of shit. But there was also never a chance that Andy was gonna throw his player under the bus. Just because the chiefs say it wasn’t due to basketball doesn’t mean that’s the truth.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 14
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up