ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 14
« First < 3910111213 14 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chris Jones is NOT ACTIVE for today’s game per Jesse Palmer...
DaFace 12:28 PM 01-12-2020
Well fuck.

Source tells me the same thing on #Chiefs DE Chris Jones, who was on the field less than an hour ago warming up under the watching eye of some Chiefs staffers.

Chiefs will go into this game down a big member of the defensive line. https://t.co/oaitZ2hLk0

— Herbie Teope (@HerbieTeope) January 12, 2020

[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:04 PM 01-16-2020
I would be shocked if he plays this week. Doesn’t sound like he’s all that close to being ready.

If we win, he needs to have a big game in the Bowl. Otherwise, I’m sure we’ll tag and trade in the offseason.
[Reply]
AussieChiefsFan 11:34 PM 01-16-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I would be shocked if he plays this week. Doesn’t sound like he’s all that close to being ready.

If we win, he needs to have a big game in the Bowl. Otherwise, I’m sure we’ll tag and trade in the offseason.
Definitely feels like he's been absent for a number of key matchups now
[Reply]
Chief Northman 12:14 AM 01-17-2020
Here is why Jones drives me nuts:

Against the Titans in week 10, he notched 2 sacks, a forced fumble, and combined for 8 tackles.
He also took 2-3 penalties, and was largely responsible for giving up Henry’s longest run of the afternoon when he played too wide and whiffed on a tackle.

He is so talented and can take over games when motivated. There are always a few plays though where he jogs in pursuit, “cheats” a gap assignment or takes an unnecessary penalty. It’s a maturity thing with him, and that was the knock on him coming out. He’s yet to shake that entirely, but by god is he ever a gifted player.

I hope he buys in for these last two games (assuming he plays).
[Reply]
ARROW2 01:05 AM 01-17-2020
A few weeks ago it was "We must re-sign Jones", now it's "Tag him and trade him". I like Jones. It's unfortunate he had that injury but we still need him.
[Reply]
Danguardace 01:08 AM 01-17-2020

Mark Ingram had week 17 off and a bye and still wasn't ready so sadly I agree.
[Reply]
AussieChiefsFan 03:03 AM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by ARROW2:
A few weeks ago it was "We must re-sign Jones", now it's "Tag him and trade him". I like Jones. It's unfortunate he had that injury but we still need him.
I think his up-and-down nature might in the end result in having to let him go if he's going to be requesting top-tier DT money. These next few weeks will be pretty important for him if he does want that kind of money. No doubt he's a very important part of this defense, but if he's not there in the biggest games then is he worth giving a blockbuster deal?

I for one am fairly torn at this point, but maybe I'm still just salty that he tweaked himself before the most important couple games in 50 years (and against a team where his absence would be particularly felt).
[Reply]
loochy 10:59 AM 01-17-2020
I NEED SOME CHRIS JONES NEWS
[Reply]
kepp 11:04 AM 01-17-2020
I think he'd be a bigger asset against SF/GB in the Superbowl, TBH. Not to say he wouldn't help out against the Titans, but he's not the best against the run.
[Reply]
Skyy God 11:29 AM 01-17-2020

He better not go the HoboSpirit route and fuck us in the SB, though.
[Reply]
Eleazar 12:19 PM 01-17-2020
oooooh yeah. This thread was the reverse mojo that CJ needed. Print it out and read it in your pregame warmup Chris!
[Reply]
Skyy God 01:09 PM 01-17-2020
Jones’ dad and agent were at the Lot J tailgate last week.

He wants the Chiefs to pay him.
[Reply]
Eleazar 08:37 AM 01-22-2020
Definitely don't need this guy

Originally Posted by :
Jones only played in 28 snaps against Tennessee, but he was crucial to the success Kansas City found when rushing the passer. According to NFL Next Gen Stats, when Jones was on the field, the defense had seven pressures and three sacks. When Jones wasn’t on the field, the defense had just one pressure.
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2020...super-bowl-54/
[Reply]
Lzen 08:39 AM 01-22-2020
It was pretty obvious that Jones had a huge impact. So did Mike Pennel.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:54 AM 01-22-2020
Oh yeah, Sunday was pretty eye opening and I’m hopeful that the SB will make it even more clear that he needs to be kept.

A player of his caliber on the interior, there’s what, only a few in the whole league? Total game wrecker.

New CBA will make it possible I believe. Keep.
[Reply]
Eleazar 08:58 AM 01-22-2020
The rest of the link says he's not on the injury report. Sorry "business decision" truthers
[Reply]
Page 13 of 14
« First < 3910111213 14 >
Up