ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Nzoner's Game Room>I fucking love Chris Jones
staylor26 03:32 PM 12-09-2019
And fuck whoever doesn’t!

When’s the last time you saw a Chiefs player do something so cathartic for the fan base? I felt like I was right next to him telling Brady he’s a fucking pedo/pussy.
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:32 PM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I think Chris Jones is more valuable than picks or cap space because he's a known quantity and he's only going to get better.

Jones, Clark, and Honey Badger are our defense's identity with a lot of young talent around them.

Pay Jones.
“A bird in hand is worth two in the bush”

If he isn’t Aaron Donald he’s getting pretty close, he’s young enough to build the defense around
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:35 PM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I think Chris Jones is more valuable than picks or cap space because he's a known quantity and he's only going to get better.

Jones, Clark, and Honey Badger are our defense's identity with a lot of young talent around them.

Pay Jones.
I’m not certain it’s that easy though.

Your thinking is right, he is a sure thing that changes games for us. But there’s only so much cap to go around. Mahomes is on the horizon...

Now, if the new CBA changes things, all bets are off.
[Reply]
Shag 08:18 PM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
His jump on the snap in the 3rd play is insane. Seems like he either picked up a tell, or just got lucky, but either way - damn.
[Reply]
xztop123 08:32 PM 12-09-2019
this defense was literally designed to beat the pats. way more worried about balt
[Reply]
xztop123 08:34 PM 12-09-2019
jones won that game for us, yes
[Reply]
BossChief 08:56 PM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
When it comes to re-signing Jones (or not), it’s a damned if you do, damned if you don’t situation IMO.

As long as the Chiefs make good use of the resources they go with, I won’t be mad. More years of prime Jones? Awesome, I’ll pay for that. More cap space and draft picks via trade that turn into cheap, good players? I’ll take that too.

It’s a win/lose scenario but I won’t bitch much either way I don’t think as long as the parameters of the deal make sense.
What?

It’s a win win. Here’s where I’m at...

Veach over values star players as evidenced by his FA signings and trades, so there’s no way he just gives Jones away for peanuts. If he trades him, he’s getting Jalen Ramsey compensation. I won’t be mad if that’s what happens. I’ll understand and maybe even agree with the trade even though it won’t be popular. We would still have really good DTs and DEs. We would absolutely miss a Jones, but the DL would still be a strength with lots of young talent and a great coach to learn from.

Look at what Veach did with no first round pick. Give the guy extra firsts the next 2 drafts along with all of their original picks and extra comp picks and this team would be loaded for Bear for a few years. This would also give KC the $ to add to the OL, keep Ogbah and add a corner like CHJ...as well as have extra premium picks to add more blue chip players.

Of course, keeping a game wrecker like Chris Jones would be exciting, too. Keeping him together with Clark, Saunders, Nnadi and others would keep the DL blasting for the foreseeable future.
[Reply]
BossChief 08:59 PM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by xztop123:
this defense was literally designed to beat the pats. way more worried about balt
Fuck Baltimore.

Fuck NE.

Fuck SF.

Fuck NO.

Fuck GB.

Fuck Seattle.

The Savages from KC are going to win the Super Bowl.
[Reply]
srvy 09:00 PM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
Would love to know that conversation wish Chris was mic'd up.
[Reply]
carcosa 09:05 PM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
literally jacking off to this
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:08 PM 12-09-2019
Was this before or after Jones sacked Brady?
[Reply]
RunKC 09:17 PM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
When it comes to re-signing Jones (or not), it’s a damned if you do, damned if you don’t situation IMO.

As long as the Chiefs make good use of the resources they go with, I won’t be mad. More years of prime Jones? Awesome, I’ll pay for that. More cap space and draft picks via trade that turn into cheap, good players? I’ll take that too.

It’s a win/lose scenario but I won’t bitch much either way I don’t think as long as the parameters of the deal make sense.
I’m not for it bc of the risk, but if this staff can pull offseasons like this last Spring it won’t be a problem.

My faith in Veach has not exactly skyrocketed. He had a great offseason, but I really think the team as a whole has gotten better.

Hiring Spags might be the piece to this puzzle to get to the Super Bowl. These guys have done such a terrific job with only one offseason and a 3/4 of a year of games together. I mean FFS our defense has won us Games when Pat has not been a super hero. The fact that we don’t need Pat to score so much every game is a huge step forward.

I’m not certain if this is our year. I know people don’t want to hear this, but I really think we have a good shot this year, but next year with another offseason to add to this defense and a year under their belt?

Andy got the QB right. I think he got the DC right too. This team has to make it to the big game in the next 3 years. The Patriots are down and they are too good for. The Coach to the players.
[Reply]
Mike in SW-MO 09:55 PM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I’m not for it bc of the risk, but if this staff can pull offseasons like this last Spring it won’t be a problem.

My faith in Veach has not exactly skyrocketed. He had a great offseason, but I really think the team as a whole has gotten better.

Hiring Spags might be the piece to this puzzle to get to the Super Bowl. These guys have done such a terrific job with only one offseason and a 3/4 of a year of games together. I mean FFS our defense has won us Games when Pat has not been a super hero. The fact that we don’t need Pat to score so much every game is a huge step forward.

I’m not certain if this is our year. I know people don’t want to hear this, but I really think we have a good shot this year, but next year with another offseason to add to this defense and a year under their belt?

Andy got the QB right. I think he got the DC right too. This team has to make it to the big game in the next 3 years. The Patriots are down and they are too good for. The Coach to the players.

Better get the SB THIS year because Spags may well be head coach somewhere else NEXT year.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:58 PM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by Mike in SW-MO:
Better get the SB THIS year because Spags may well be head coach somewhere else NEXT year.
That’s not happening.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:01 PM 12-09-2019
This is what Jones said about the exchange

Just crap-talking," Jones said of his exchange with Brady late in the second quarter of the Chiefs' 23-16 victory, via NBC Sports Boston. "Tom is a heck of a quarterback, a Hall of Famer. Any time you're able to talk crap, you gotta affect him any type of way. I got much respect for Tom Brady, man.
"He's definitely a GOAT in my eyes, one of the greatest. Any time you're able to affect his game any type of way, whether it's talking, whether it's hitting him, whether it's getting him uncomfortable, you got to."
[Reply]
Mike in SW-MO 10:36 PM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
That’s not happening.
Maybe not. But I bet it's his plan. And teams seem to love recycling guys with head coach experience, be it ever so humble.

The way Chiefs set up his assistants, like Daly, makes me think Chiefs see it as a possibility.

Curious why you are do certain it won't happen? Do you think the league has tagged him as DC max, a la Romeo Crennel?
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up