ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 71
« First < 71314151617 181920212767 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Pats filming Bengals. Caught.
Bewbies 02:33 PM 12-09-2019
https://mobile.twitter.com/BleacherR...35644064337925

Discuss amongst yourselves. :-)

The Bengals.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:42 AM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by ScareCrowe:
It goes all the way back to their first Super Bowl of the "dynasty".

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/201...-media-scoffs/

“[The practice] before the Super Bowl. The guy who worked for the Patriots. If you remember, that was someone mysteriously living in Hawaii, who made his way back to the states and delivered the tapes. [Roger] Goodell then watched those tapes and said there wasn’t enough there to deem anything being done.

“Now, I didn’t see what was on the tapes, because we didn’t get to see that. The only thing I could say is that they taped our practice. That was wrong.”
That's very interesting.

It's always been mysterious that the Patriots won so much when they didn't have that much talent. If they've really been stealing other teams' signals and playbooks for the entire Belichick era, this will be the biggest black eye in the NFL's history.

Fans have been suspicious for years, because it doesn't make sense. The Patriots have never passed the eye test for talent, and yet they too often seemed to be in the right place at the right time. The explanation has always been that "Belichick is a great coach", but that's being called into serious question now.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:43 AM 12-10-2019
It's amazing how little the public cares about taping practices.

If we're talking training camp, I wouldn't be that upset. But in-season practices are your installs, man. That's what you're going to do and how you're going to do it. It's oftentimes in the ORDER you're going to do it for those scripted plays.

How odd is it that Andy Reid, who's known as a master on those first 15 scripted plays, has routinely struggled against BB at the start of games? Is it even a little unlikely that BB knew what was coming?

Guy's just a fucking cheat, man.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 09:46 AM 12-10-2019
Halfcan I will take what is behind door number 2
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:46 AM 12-10-2019
This really makes sense with them pretty consistently not doing as well early in the season. They probably do this all the time and early in the season there isn’t the as much good reliable footage on teams since they are all doing different things. But by the time a quarter of the season is done whatever they film on the next opponent is much more consistent with what they can expect so their cheating is much more successful.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:47 AM 12-10-2019
Does the “plausible deniability” really even matter here?

Even the Patriots admit it was a contractor hired by the Patriots. The camera man worked for the organization in some capacity. He then filmed the Bengals sideline.

The Patriots absolutely know that isn’t allowed. Their contractor did it anyway.

They’ve been in trouble for almost this exact same thing before.

Why would this not be treated as a repeat offender type of situation?
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:53 AM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
It's amazing how little the public cares about taping practices.

If we're talking training camp, I wouldn't be that upset. But in-season practices are your installs, man. That's what you're going to do and how you're going to do it. It's oftentimes in the ORDER you're going to do it for those scripted plays.

How odd is it that Andy Reid, who's known as a master on those first 15 scripted plays, has routinely struggled against BB at the start of games? Is it even a little unlikely that BB knew what was coming?

Guy's just a fucking cheat, man.
The public doesn’t care because a majority of the public don’t know how much work coaches put into each game. They don’t know what goes on behind the scenes.
[Reply]
treeguy27 09:59 AM 12-10-2019
I'll ask it again. Why would an "Independent contractor" want video of coaches signals? There's no logical reason for some random dude to want to film a quarter's worth of signals. That footage has only one useful purpose.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 09:59 AM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
If it’s up to me... that’s how it would happen.
When it's not an isolated incident and there is a pattern of misconduct that has continued for years... the punishment needs to be severe. I don't expect Belicheck or Brady to be banned but they need serious punishment
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:00 AM 12-10-2019

Reporting from @pauldehnerjr: "According to sources who have viewed the tape, it shows about eight minutes of footage focusing on recording the Bengals’ sideline. It’s a direct view of the sideline as coaches make signals for plays." https://t.co/kLvekJpgud

— Zak Keefer (@zkeefer) December 10, 2019

[Reply]
Halfcan 10:01 AM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers:
Halfcan I will take what is behind door number 2
:-)

Usually, the simplest answer is correct.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 10:06 AM 12-10-2019
Someone needs to crop Belichick's head into this.

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:09 AM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by treeguy27:
I'll ask it again. Why would an "Independent contractor" want video of coaches signals? There's no logical reason for some random dude to want to film a quarter's worth of signals. That footage has only one useful purpose.
The fact that the patriots are even using that word means they know he did something bad and they are trying to distance themselves from that person as much as possible.
[Reply]
Lprechaun 10:10 AM 12-10-2019
It wont change unless the owners get fed up. I think now there is some real competition in the AFC and some owners with realistic SB aspirations and opportunities are in the mix to finally end this once and for all.
I really hope this spells the end for them. 8 minutes is a lot of footage, and like was mentioned it's not about this weeks game....its about games months and years from now.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:13 AM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by ScareCrowe:
It goes all the way back to their first Super Bowl of the "dynasty".

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/201...-media-scoffs/

“[The practice] before the Super Bowl. The guy who worked for the Patriots. If you remember, that was someone mysteriously living in Hawaii, who made his way back to the states and delivered the tapes. [Roger] Goodell then watched those tapes and said there wasn’t enough there to deem anything being done.

“Now, I didn’t see what was on the tapes, because we didn’t get to see that. The only thing I could say is that they taped our practice. That was wrong.”
It goes back to Kraft buying the team. The Pats were nothing, Belichek was not considered the Greatest ever, no team even wanted flabby Tom Brady.

Kraft decided he was going to build a winner at all costs. He ran it like a greedy corporation with every other team being a competitor that needed to be spied on, disrupted and trampled over. They have probably employed a whole division of "scouts" whose very job is to tape practices, steal plays and playbooks, cause headset malfunctions, bug locker rooms and basically create a portfolio week after week so Belichek and Brady can dissect teams. They know everything coming at them. They are so good at predicting what the other team is going to do in all facets of the game- they almost seem to have God-like clairvoyance to predict the future.

And this has been going on since day 1 of the Kraft ownership. Overnight Powerhouse Dynasty.
[Reply]
carcosa 10:13 AM 12-10-2019
Brady, Belichick, and Kraft should all be HANGED
[Reply]
Page 17 of 71
« First < 71314151617 181920212767 > Last »
Up