ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 27
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Broncos
TLO 08:11 PM 12-08-2019
The Patriots have been disposed of, and now we're onto the Broncos.

The Broncos put a complete ass whipping on the Texans today, not many saw that coming.

Let's talk about it in here.
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:05 AM 12-09-2019
I think its going to be a damn tough game but Reid owns the division.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:06 AM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
I agree. They can’t score 23 or 38 in the first half this week. Defense has only averaged giving up 14.5 a game the last 3 games.
Will be interesting... Raiders, Chargers and sputtering Pats didn't put up much of a fight.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:10 AM 12-09-2019
The most recent common opponent...

KC @ LAC / 24-17

LAC @ DEN / 23-20

Doesn't really tell ya much, but it's about the only real recent comparison. Denver is 3-3 after losing to KC and benching Flacco. Close loss to IND and MIN, the team has played better, which as a fan is all you can hope for.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:24 AM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Should we be worried about Drew Lock?
I don't know . . . is this Lock guy operating behind the same OL that Flacco was when we dropped Joe 8 times earlier this season?

If the answer is "yes," then no we don't have to worry about him.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:25 AM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
I like Drew, as I’m a Mizzou fan, but he will NEVER be a big time NFL QB. Has too many holes in his game (struggles with accuracy and absolutely wilts under pressure). I do think he’ll eventually become a ‘solid’ starter in the league, but that’s it.

All that said, he’s gonna be extra hyped up for this game being back home in front of his family and friends (Lees Summit kid). That’s not a good recipe for a rookie QB playing on the road in his first big time venue against one of the better teams in football.

He will miss on a lot of throws and probably throw 2 or 3 picks. Donks may stick around longer than normal, but Chiefs will ultimately win this one comfortably.

No worries.
Yeah, QBs of any level really don't do well @ Arrowhead really. I think one thing that helps is they know they're not going anywhere in the playoffs and he's their 3 starter for the year, so expectations were at the floor really and he's kinda playing with house money.

He may not be a great NFL QB in the making, but so far so good.

18/28 for 134 yards, 2 TD / 1 INT at home in his first start for the win
22/27 for 309 yards, 3 TD / 1 INT on the road for the win, first road win

Lock has made some nice throws - many more than those you wished he hadn't thrown and I didn't mind the risk he took late yesterday that was picked off.

This week, the defense has to step it up big and the ground game has to be more of a consistent presence if Denver intends on having a chance to win.

25 rushes for 84 yards vs LAC
27 rushes for 90 yards @ HOU

They'll need 150 yards on the ground, minimum, if they want to be in this game late with a shot of truly walking away with a major upset win.

Early on, KC gave up big yards on the ground to DET/OAK/BAL - walked away with wins in each ...DET and BAL had huge production.

In the 4 losses for KC, they were dominated in the ground game and that's really the only way Denver has a shot. Denver has been good, but not dominating in the ground game. Time for them to shake things up a bit compared to the last 2 weeks.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:27 AM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I don't know . . . is this Lock guy operating behind the same OL that Flacco was when we dropped Joe 8 times earlier this season?

If the answer is "yes," then no we don't have to worry about him.
Yeah, but Lock isn't a statue stuck in 30 lbs of cement trying to play QB either. The line is still an issue for Denver, but Lock has some mobility. Lock was not sacked vs the Chargers and was sacked 3X by Houston. Small body of work, but he's by far more mobile than Flacco.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:34 AM 12-09-2019
rookie QB on the road? check.
rookie QB in front of his family in his hometown? check.
behind a shitty offensive line? check.
Chiefs d-line has been feasting? check.
ball hawking turnover machine secondary at home? check.

We should win this game, and handily. Injuries could always derail it, but there's no way the Chiefs are not a huge mismatch for Denver.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 11:36 AM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
rookie QB on the road? check.
rookie QB in front of his family in his hometown? check.
behind a shitty offensive line? check.
Chiefs d-line has been feasting? check.
ball hawking turnover machine secondary at home? check.

We should win this game, and handily. Injuries could always derail it, but there's no way the Chiefs are not a huge mismatch for Denver.
Hear! Hear! why even play the game?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:37 AM 12-09-2019
That path is wide open for us to win out. I still think 12-4 gets the us the 2 seed.

Patriots have another loss in them somewhere. They haven’t had their WTF loss yet. Every loss of theirs has been to a better team. They’ll drop one that they shouldn’t.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:39 AM 12-09-2019
Looks like there could be snow for the game, that would be fun.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:39 AM 12-09-2019
Hey Drew, welcome home. Good to see you. Hey, have you met Frank and Chris?

Wayill....you're about to. You'll be seeing a lot of them on Sunday.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:40 AM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ:
Hear! Hear! why even play the game?
because shit happens.

But don't even try to act like this is a good matchup for you.

Does that mean we automatically win?

No, because sometimes shit happens.

But don't act like you're confident if you're being reasonable.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 11:43 AM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
because shit happens.

But don't even try to act like this is a good matchup for you.

Does that mean we automatically win?

No, because sometimes shit happens.

But don't act like you're confident if you've being reasonable.
:-)
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:48 AM 12-09-2019
I hope we blow them out of the water. Donk fans haven’t been face fucked by mediocrity near long enough. Bring Lock back to reality on Sunday and show that Elway is still a fucking worthless GM who can’t draft a QB. They need to live this shitty reality for at least 15-20 years before I’ll be satisfied.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:53 AM 12-09-2019
The Chiefs were pressuring Brady with blitzes all night. Tom is 42 years old and has seen everything from every type of defense. And we fucked him up.

It would be a tall task for a rookie to read all the well timed blitzes that Tom Brady could not.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 27
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up