ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 24
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Nick Jacobs all 22 breakdown discussion
O.city 11:14 AM 10-01-2019
Figured we could have a thread breaking some stuff down from his films and discuss.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:00 PM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by Sully:
There's no way to quantify this, so I'll just say I disagree. I think that hold gets called less than 10% of the time.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Lol this is obviously wrong. The defender was near the ball carrier (in position to make the play) and the tug was clear as day. I could see it live when the camera was on the other side of the field it was so blatant.

That gets called more often than not at the very least. 10% is laughable.
[Reply]
Sully 01:05 PM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Lol this is obviously wrong. The defender was near the ball carrier (in position to make the play) and the tug was clear as day. I could see it live when the camera was on the other side of the field it was so blatant.

That gets called more often than not at the very least. 10% is laughable.
Your first paragraph is arguing as if I dont think it's technically a hold. I think it was. Like I said, I dont think it's called as often as you seem to.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
O.city 01:48 PM 12-03-2019

4th and short here. You want the first down you double the defensive tackles to section 128. Unfortunately there is minimal movement. Turnover on downs. . #JacobsEyeInTheSky #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/ic7uI8L9pc

— Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) December 3, 2019

[Reply]
O.city 01:51 PM 12-03-2019

Short yardage here. Crosby and the DT are able to shoot the gaps and get penetration so Wylie has to try to get depth on his pull. Raiders crash in off edge. So either have to bounce it to edge or lower shoulder to get the tough yards. . #JacobsEyeInTheSky #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/qNScczmsFN

[Reply]
O.city 01:52 PM 12-03-2019
So since PGM says it's hilarious to watch me break down anything related to football, I guess I can make him laugh...

If the RB has any vision at all, he gets a yard or two on those plays.
[Reply]
O.city 01:55 PM 12-03-2019

Saunders fights through the double by Jackson and Brown with some violent hands to stuff the run. #JacobsEyeInTheSky #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/KpoCuzoDb0

Khalen has been nice in developing this year.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:55 PM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Fucking Reiter. Just got wrecked and the play had no prayer.

This one I noticed in real time - I'm almost positive it was Darrel and I have no idea how he managed to get stonewalled there. He could've either driven straight through the B gap or done a decisive bounce off end and picked up a couple yards either way.

Instead he did a half-bounce and drove directly into the back of his blockers. It was a Knile Davis caliber run and really demonstrative of some of the vision problems we've seen from RBs this year. I wouldn't say it was an easy conversion, but the line did just enough to make it work and the RB didn't get what was in front of him.

Best guess I have was that the 'hop' was an attempt to let his blockers get set and follow them, but then he really didn't follow the seam they created as much as he just plowed into someones (Sherman?) spine. Pretty poor display.
[Reply]
O.city 01:57 PM 12-03-2019
I think you're looking for things to ding Reiter on there DJ. He stonewalled Hankins who's a good player in there vs the run.

That monster hole out to the left was pretty obvious though.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:00 PM 12-03-2019
So since PGM says it's hilarious to watch me break down anything related to football, I guess I can make him laugh...

If the RB has any vision at all, he gets a yard or two on those plays.
I’ll say it.

I don’t think Darrel is very good. Like, worst back we’ve had since maybe Knile Davis.

EDIT: I just read DJ’s post above in which he said the same thing in so many words.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:00 PM 12-03-2019

Khalen has been nice in developing this year.
Boy, that's an EXCELLENT rep from Saunders.

Jackson's a heck of a big boy and got his hands on him, then Brown - an even BIGGER boy came at him from the side. More often than not, that little duo is going to plow a huge cutback lane there. Ragland had been sealed off and Nnadi had been engaged by Hudson just enough that I don't think he him impacts the play.

If Saunders merely fights that to a draw (which would've been a feat on its own), it's probably a gain of 4 and if he loses outright (a distinct possibility taking on that kind of double), Jacobs gets to the second level and can do a lot of damage.

Really really nice play by Saunders.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:02 PM 12-03-2019
Saunders battles. I like him and Nnadi a lot as our future at DT if that’s the case.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:04 PM 12-03-2019
I think you're looking for things to ding Reiter on there DJ. He stonewalled Hankins who's a good player in there vs the run.

That monster hole out to the left was pretty obvious though.
He's coming from the quarterbacks right and knifing underneath him to get to the left. You say I'm being hard on Reiter but consider what you're asking of Williams to get over to that hole. That wasn't a play where he was taking a hand-off between the LG/LT; he would've had to do a jump stop that almost took him backwards after having to swing around Mahomes to take the handoff. This after first getting his shoulders square because of the play design.

Now if Reiter had actually held his ground instead of losing a step, that cutback MIGHT have been possible. But immediately at contact w/ Hankins, Reiter gets driven back a yard and that cut off any angle Williams had to make that bounce and get into that hole.

The dude ain't Jamaal Charles and asking him to make a cut like Jamaal isn't reasonable at all. Whether he saw that hole or not is immaterial (hard to know if he did) - he had no chance at getting over to it once Reiter got driven back at first contact.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:07 PM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Saunders battles. I like him and Nnadi a lot as our future at DT if that’s the case.
I really don't know how he kept his base with Brown leaning on him like that. I mean that's DAMN impressive.

Brown maybe got a little high trying to get to that block so his leverage wasn't perfect and he wasn't able to really drive hard into him, but Brown is MASSIVE. Just having that dude lean into you is enough to keep most DTs in place. And Saunders not only doesn't get sealed, he manages to split the double outright and just blow the play apart.

That's as impressive as anything I think I've seen from a DT on this team this year. Really great sign for a guy who wasn't playing nearly as big as his stats earlier in the year.
[Reply]
-King- 02:08 PM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I’ll say it.

I don’t think Darrel is very good. Like, worst back we’ve had since maybe Knile Davis.

EDIT: I just read DJ’s post above in which he said the same thing in so many words.
The fact that he's our 3rd down back blows my mind
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:12 PM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
The fact that he's our 3rd down back blows my mind
The fact that we're 'load managing' LeSean McCoy like he's some sort of ace up our sleeves in the post-season is equally baffling.

Apart from the fact that he's fumbled 3 times in a mere 84 carries, the guy doesn't have a second gear anymore.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 24
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up