ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 26
« First < 142021222324 2526 >
Nzoner's Game Room>My Struggles - Alcohol - and my plan.
Simply Red 02:58 PM 08-20-2019
Guys,

I have to confess, I'm a huge alcoholic and always have been, I've been sober in increments of 5 years and one other time for ten years. I recently reflected on how much I have been/was consuming. I'm completely through this time. I just can't do it anymore. I'll be honest - after this last time, I'm lucky to even be here right now.

I love you guys and promise to each of you, this is the new beginning to my life and I'm completely done with drinking.

Thanks for the ear. If anyone else is struggling. Please feel free to chime in if you wish.

Thanks for being my friend you guys
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:04 PM 01-09-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Really! Your conditioning has improved greatly! In one week! :-)

OK
Ask your wife
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:22 PM 01-09-2020

OK
Jumping jacks are magical
[Reply]
TripleThreat 01:15 PM 01-09-2020
To be honest alcohol is such a huge issue in leading a healthy life. It sucks that it has to be this way.

It leads to cheat meals
Laziness
Mood swings up and down
Want to wake up at 5am and go to the gym? Drinking the night before won’t help.

I too need to stop drinking so much. I want to get to the point where I’m drinking only fridays and Saturday nights, and I’m drinking those nights to enjoy my drinks not to pursue getting drunk. That sometimes I think is the key to being healthy as well when drinking; knowing your limits and enjoying your cocktails or wine. Too often I find myself slamming down a glass of wine good or bad, and slamming back some shots just to keep the buzz going..

If there’s one thing I found/find easy with drinking is to not beat yourself up if you spend a night drinking on the weekdays or even two. Don’t have someone around you either who will point out you having some drinks on a Monday or wensday night, especially if you already have the problem, it just makes u that much more aware of your drinking problem and will cause u to continuously think about it other nights throughout the week. Just keep moving forward and when you do think about drinking, say nah I’ll save that great drink feeling for the weekend, and again, if you do dip into it early, don’t beat yourself up about it! I’ve always found that the key to lessening drinking is to cut out how much thought goes into it.

Most people will tell you that are heavy drinkers constantly think about their next drink time throughout the day, or if they will be drinking that night. It also leads to a path where, ah just one shot, or one drink no big deal, and then that leads to more drinks cause then your thinking well I’ve already had one, I’ll have a few more and just not drink tomorrow. Again it’s not wrong to do this, but the key is to cut out these thoughts running through your head day after day. When we were all kids, we fantasized in some ways about having that alcoholic beverage our parents and other adults were drinking but it was no way a constant thought in our heads, and that is what any heavy drinker should try to get to.
[Reply]
Eureka 03:29 PM 01-09-2020
I'm contemplating not buying the drink package for my cruise in two weeks. I've always bought the pkg's before and had a great time not worrying about the bar tab.

My brother quit drinking about 6 months ago and I don't want to get to wasted in front of him. He says he's been saving his drinking for the cruise lol.

I guess my thoughts on drinking are leaning toward drinking less as I age. Maybe, I'll just take some of everyone's advice and just enjoy the drink and not so much the buzz. Good info in this thread.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 04:09 PM 01-09-2020

OK
Dude don't be a dick.

If someone drinks regularly, after 8 days of abstinence you have more energy, your body is processing energy differently, and you sleep better once asleep. Conditioning can even just be seen as having energy and focus. Doesn't mean he went from 25% BMI to 15% BMI in a week. Could just be energy level or how much longer he's able to keep a pace on treadmill or more reps etc. Taking out alcohol can definitely start to show benefits within a week.

Maybe it has improved noticeably rather than greatly, but that depends on one's perspective.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:05 PM 01-09-2020
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
Dude don't be a dick.

If someone drinks regularly, after 8 days of abstinence you have more energy, your body is processing energy differently, and you sleep better once asleep. Conditioning can even just be seen as having energy and focus. Doesn't mean he went from 25% BMI to 15% BMI in a week. Could just be energy level or how much longer he's able to keep a pace on treadmill or more reps etc. Taking out alcohol can definitely start to show benefits within a week.

Maybe it has improved noticeably rather than greatly, but that depends on one's perspective.
Billay is full of shit but ok.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:32 PM 01-09-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Billay is full of shit but ok.
Yeah because I would lie about having more stamina which helps with conditioning.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:34 PM 01-09-2020
Get your ass in here Red.

I'm tired of this bitchass shit.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:36 PM 01-09-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

Whu hapind
[Reply]
T-post Tom 06:36 PM 01-09-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

I will second that motion.
[Reply]
Chiefs4TheWin 06:52 PM 01-09-2020
Hope all is well SR if ya lurk this!
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:27 PM 01-09-2020
Lew is roid raging again....
[Reply]
olout 02-07-2020, 02:33 PM
This message has been deleted by DaFace. Reason: spam
eDave 02:37 PM 02-07-2020
Where are you?
[Reply]
kc rush 02:50 PM 02-07-2020
Was hoping for an SR update

Hoping he is OK
[Reply]
Simply Red 07:52 AM 08-09-2020
Hi all,

Just a quick 'check-in' - I'm doing fine and still sober. It DOES get boring, but it does become easier, day-by-day.

I just wanted this to be in the thread rotation today and possibly be on the front page for a bit. Some of my friends who shall remain anonymous - may need to reference this as they're struggling right now.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 26
« First < 142021222324 2526 >
Up