ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 54 of 58
« First < 4445051525354 55565758 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs close to a deal with Tyrann Mathieu (now confirmed)
Dante84 05:22 PM 03-11-2019

The Chiefs are close to a deal with S Tyrann Mathieu, I’m told

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) March 11, 2019

Former Texans’ S Tyrann Mathieu intends to sign a three-year, $42 million deal with the Kansas City Chiefs, per a league source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 11, 2019

Megatron96 03:26 PM 01-17-2020
Having seen HB play here in PHX for so many years I knew he was going to be a great addition for the Chiefs this year. But I'm happy to say that he's exceeded my wildest expectations.

I think he actually took his game to an even higher level than anything I saw while he was a Cardinal. If that's even possible.

I fully expect him to ball out this Sunday, maybe even a pick-6. He'll be a big part of any win we earn, that's for sure.
Skyy God 11:35 AM 01-30-2020
Good read on HB (Landlord is a terribad nickname and I refuse to use it).

https://www.theringer.com/nfl-playof...der-super-bowl

Money quote:

Originally Posted by :
Mathieu has packed a career’s worth of ups and downs into seven seasons. And in the process, he’s become a presence that can transform a defense—and an organization. “You have to get talent,” Chiefs general manager Brett Veach says. “You have to build a deep roster. ... But until you get a catalyst, it’s hard. You need that one guy to make everything go. He’s certainly that guy. To have him on our team has been everything.”

redfan 12:28 PM 01-30-2020
DPOY
St. Patty's Fire 12:48 PM 01-30-2020
Reading through the beginning of this thread is fun :-)
DJ's left nut 12:50 PM 01-30-2020
I guess I overlooked Mathieu getting the All-Pro nod.

So that's at least 3 Chiefs over the last 2 seasons that have made the All-Pro team without making the Pro Bowl. Schwartz, Jones and Mathieu.

I've always felt it was an uncommon occurrence but evidently that's just par for the course if you're a Chief?

Weird.
dlphg9 12:51 PM 01-30-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Had 3 sacks, 5 TFL, 8 PD and 2 ints last year. Landon Collins had 0 sacks, 5 TFL, 4 PDs and 0 ints last year and only played 12 games. Honey Badger is 26 and Collins is 25. TM contract is 3/42 and LC contract is 6/84. So LC will still be under contract when hes 33 and TM wont even 30 when his contracts up. Definitely would say we made the right choice.
Called it. Thank god we got Mathieu, just wish the deal would have been a bit longer. Mathieu was easily the best safety in the league this year and played better than he ever has and I think thats because he finally had a coach that didnt limit him and is letting him play in a unique way that brings out all of his strengths.

I didn't think we'd ever have a safety as good as Eric Berry was in his prime, but god damn this season for Mathieu is probably better than any season EB had. Mathieu is the biggest reason that our D is so damn good. To make this big of an impact from the safety position is crazy. There haven't been too many safeties that have made as big of an impact as TM has made. Hes playing at a HOF level.
CasselGotPeedOn 01:00 PM 01-30-2020
Originally Posted by kccrow:
This is ****ing laughable. 14 per for a mediocre safety. yay.
Oof.
Pitt Gorilla 01:01 PM 01-30-2020
So many bad takes on HB. Welcome to CP!
Munson 11:28 PM 02-02-2020

RENT WAS COLLECTED ���� pic.twitter.com/g3T11sQkfi

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) February 3, 2020

RunKC 10:50 AM 02-22-2020
Thought this was interesting. Shows why Spags use of the Landlord is so confusing for offenses.

Here’s the snap. Landlord clearly has Stills in the slot

Watson makes the correct read here and sees Hopkins. He knows Hopkins route is breaking in and the middle of the field is wide open. He sees the Landlord staying with Stills. Looks like easy money.

This is what Watson saw right as his arm is about to go up to throw the ball.

Landlord switched at the last second and defended the pass. Damn

Pitt Gorilla 10:58 AM 02-22-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Thought this was interesting. Shows why Spags use of the Landlord is so confusing for offenses.

Here’s the snap. Landlord clearly has Stills in the slot

Watson makes the correct read here and sees Hopkins. He knows Hopkins route is breaking in and the middle of the field is wide open. He sees the Landlord staying with Stills. Looks like easy money.

This is what Watson saw right as his arm is about to go up to throw the ball.

Landlord switched at the last second and defended the pass. Damn

his instincts are unreal.
RealSNR 11:22 AM 02-22-2020
This is kind of a stupid worthless thought I had, but whatever.

Remember the 2013 draft? "This draft sucks!!!!"

Okay, sure, but let's just take the best players from that draft. No, this isn't objective, it's just who I think of as very good players in the league

Eric Fisher
Lane Johnson
Xavier Rhodes
Deandre Hopkins
Zach Ertz
Darius Slay
Le'Veon Bell
Travis Kelce
Tyrann Mathieu
JC Tretter

I think the best player on that list by far is Deandre Hopkins, but beyond that? The Chiefs probably have the 2nd and 3rd best players from that class on their team. And Eric Fisher is probably in the top 10-15 or so.

If you've got a terrible draft class, it's probably unlikely that three very important players to your Super Bowl team will be playing for you from that draft class. But that's what the Chiefs had.

Dumb? Well, at least I'm not Nickhead.
Megatron96 12:04 PM 02-22-2020
The Landlord is the best safety in the game today, period.
carcosa 02:51 PM 02-22-2020
Originally Posted by carcosa:
Nice!!!!!!!
I was right AS USUAL
Hammock Parties 02:53 PM 02-22-2020
Landlord covers like that fuck with the godlike user controlled defense in the Madden 18 thread....no one could beat him.
Page 54 of 58
« First < 4445051525354 55565758 >
Up