ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 205 of 324
« First < 105155195201202203204205 206207208209215255305 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
JakeF 04:24 PM 12-15-2019
Spags looks like he can handle the job. He's already shown himself to be a ton better than Sutton.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:06 PM 12-15-2019
Originally Posted by KC Hawks:
I'm a Spaggot.

Bro, you're cousins?
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 05:08 PM 12-15-2019
Spags is sexy.

He’s helped bring some much needed edge to this defense (as has HB and Clark).

Love the attitude I’ve been seeing on the field from the defense the last few weeks.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:55 PM 12-15-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
How bout we see how we do in the playoffs?
Yeah I don't believe we need to do that but okay.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:57 PM 12-15-2019
Spags has been a difference maker. The defense believes.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:16 PM 12-15-2019
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Spags has been a difference maker. The defense believes.
Competence, the ability to concentrate, and staying awake during games are very important!
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:22 AM 12-16-2019
For the fourth time in his career Steve Spagnuolo has taken a bad/average defensive unit and turned them into something significantly better. With less talent than what the previous DC had at his disposal. Tip of the hat . . .
[Reply]
Mahomes_Is_God 03:31 AM 12-16-2019
Spags can stick around. Love the dude's passion, and clearly the players do too. Chiefs made the absolute best of their offseason!
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:31 AM 12-16-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
For the fourth time in his career Steve Spagnuolo has taken a bad/average defensive unit and turned them into something significantly better. With less talent than what the previous DC had at his disposal. Tip of the hat . . .
this is what I was saying.

People were all like-well, sometimes he's good, sometimes he's shit.

But context is everything.

Everywhere he's gone, his defense gets better, and usually within a year or so.

The only exceptions were unstable head coaching/front office situations.

We're stable here. Perfect situation for Spags to flourish.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:35 AM 12-16-2019
Tied for 10th in points allowed after struggling early. Amazing

Through 15 weeks of the season (MNF won't matter, both teams already have more points scored than KC), the Chiefs defense is officially Top 10 in points per game.

They're tied with Denver at 20.3 PPG on the season. https://t.co/n3hm4ljcyi

— Craig Stout (@barleyhop) December 16, 2019

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:46 AM 12-16-2019
Spags may just of been the biggest hire in Chiefs history in the past 7 years
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:25 PM 12-16-2019

Just rewatched the @Chiefs and @Broncos

The Chiefs 1-53 and/or both sides of the ball may be the fastest team in the league. And this was on snow...

Their defense runs to the ball with SPEED

— Dan Orlovsky (@danorlovsky7) December 16, 2019

[Reply]
RealSNR 01:38 PM 12-16-2019
Few DCs are miracle workers. I don't think Spags is a miracle worker, but he's an experienced coordinator who tries lots of new things and knows how to get a group of players to play team defense. And I think a lot of people just looked at the stints with that abortion post-bountygate Saints team and the talentless Giants teams from 2015-2017 and just assumed the guy couldn't coach.

Back when we were waiting for Sutton to get fired, people brought up how scheme/coordinator are kind of irrelevant if the talent and the culture of rock solid defense is there on the team, and how if those things AREN'T in place, pretty much any DC is going to struggle. It's clear right now that KC has enough talent in place to not suck on defense, but Spags still deserves a ton of credit for getting that talent to buy in and play as a team-- it's something Sutton CLEARLY struggled to maintain in his time here.

Again, they're not the greatest defense ever, but they're playing up to the expectations we had-- and probably way above that. It's been YEARS since our run defense looked this good. A whole bunch of the Sutton "leftovers" like Ward, Sorensen, Kpassagnon, Nnadi, and even Ragland have really improved and stepped up in the midst of this transition. Just about every new addition is a positive contributor to this team when they get snaps-- Wilson, Okafor, Pennel, Saunders, Honey Badger, Breeland, and... yes, I'll say it... as of late, Frank Clark. That's also not including someone like Ogbah who was one of our best pass rushers until he went on IR.

Yeah, I'd say he's pretty good. Maybe he did lose his way for a bit there, but he's clearly found it again after taking that year off from coaching.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:40 PM 12-16-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I’m sure taking a year off was good for Spags.

He’s been in some shitty situations, had time to reflect/grow from an outside perspective, and now he’s coming to a team with more pass rushing talent than any he’s been apart of in a decade.

He’s also going to have a bunch of rookie and sophomore talent on that side of the ball to groom.
Somebody get this man a cookie
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:41 PM 12-16-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
And nobody's close to getting old except Sorenson who speed was never part of his game anyway.
[Reply]
Page 205 of 324
« First < 105155195201202203204205 206207208209215255305 > Last »
Up