ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 17
« First < 3910111213 14151617 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Tiger Woods
Hamwallet 04:13 PM 03-11-2018
Anyone else watch golf for the first time in a long time today? He seems to be getting back to form. He was right in it today, next week is Bay Hill, that dude lived on the course for a LONG time.
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 06:43 PM 08-12-2018
That was not a choke by Tiger. That was a win by Koepka. He was just better.
[Reply]
RippedmyFlesh 06:58 PM 08-12-2018
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief:
Agree you shot tied for best 4th round score you didn't choke. A 64 in a major isn't choking.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:04 PM 08-12-2018
Being there two days, it's obv how much he carries the sport. I love golf and watch it religiously but casual fans don't and his presence this week made the tourney. All the players know it. The game has always yielded to a new personality but it hasn't since he faded. DJ, Koepka, Rory, Spieth, Thomas - no personalities, no intrigue.

He was the energy of that entire place. I'd hear monster roars from across the course and every time, you could tell it was him if it was louder than shit.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 09:30 PM 08-12-2018
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief:
Dude has ice in his veins. Great competitor. I think he will end up being the next superstar of golf. And winning 2 big majors this year that only 5 have done in the history of golf is definitely a good start.
[Reply]
Kyle DeLexus 09:38 PM 08-12-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Dude has ice in his veins. Great competitor. I think he will end up being the next superstar of golf. And winning 2 big majors this year that only 5 have done in the history of golf is definitely a good start.
When he tapped in his final putt instead of marking...he seems to only care about winning and that's about it.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 09:41 PM 08-12-2018
Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus:
When he tapped in his final putt instead of marking...he seems to only care about winning and that's about it.
Was this seen as a negative or a positive for you?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:52 PM 08-12-2018
JD Bunkis
JD Bunkis
@JDBunkis

We spent a decade debating whether golf needed Tiger Woods...

What a waste of time that was.
5:49 PM · Aug 12, 2018
[Reply]
Kyle DeLexus 09:55 PM 08-12-2018
Was this seen as a negative or a positive for you?
Positive as a golfer. Negative as a personality. I personally had no problem with it but I'm sure the media (besides just Faldo) hate it.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 09:58 PM 08-12-2018
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Being there two days, it's obv how much he carries the sport. I love golf and watch it religiously but casual fans don't and his presence this week made the tourney. All the players know it. The game has always yielded to a new personality but it hasn't since he faded. DJ, Koepka, Rory, Spieth, Thomas - no personalities, no intrigue.

He was the energy of that entire place. I'd hear monster roars from across the course and every time, you could tell it was him if it was louder than shit.
Don't have to have a personality IF you win on a regular basis like Tiger did at one point in his career. And it helped immensely that he was the first black golfer who dominated and did this for a time alleviating some of the subconscious "white guilt" in a white world dominated sport that was severely bigoted not so long ago and why everybody roots for Tiger still.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:03 PM 08-12-2018
Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus:
Positive as a golfer. Negative as a personality. I personally had no problem with it but I'm sure the media (besides just Faldo) hate it.
I agree. Koepka is a very humble guy who does not want to get caught up in all the hoopla pomp and circumstance of golf you can tell. He is laser focused. Show up win, sign the card, collect the trophy and on to the next tournament. I love it !!
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:11 PM 08-12-2018
Even Michael Phelps was mesmerized

[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:15 PM 08-12-2018
Even Michael Phelps was mesmerized

Of course he remembers and greatness recognizes greatness and wants so bad for Tiger to return to his dominating days and especially the sports media because well you know........:-)
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:35 PM 08-12-2018
JD Bunkis
JD Bunkis
@JDBunkis

We spent a decade debating whether golf needed Tiger Woods...

What a waste of time that was.
5:49 PM · Aug 12, 2018
No, we didn't. Everyone knew and knows what the ratings were when he was/wasn't around. The only thing people debated was whether Tiger could catch Jack after his personal failures and numerous injuries derailed his career.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:58 AM 08-13-2018
While he's great and all, and I think he's already a superstar for the wins, I think it will interesting to see how long he can keep it up. His body type (very muscular) means he can put a lot more strain on the joints and tendons, let's hope, for his own sake, that he keep it all under control and doesn't hurt himself. It's a long season, let's hope he plays within his body's limits.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 06:57 AM 08-13-2018
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
No, we didn't. Everyone knew and knows what the ratings were when he was/wasn't around. The only thing people debated was whether Tiger could catch Jack after his personal failures and numerous injuries derailed his career.
Since I watch golf and you don't, I'll tell you every broadcast tries to pump up the "new generation" of golfers and golf channel does the same endlessly.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 17
« First < 3910111213 14151617 >
Up