ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Nzoner's Game Room>“They have nothing to lose”
staylor26 10:11 AM 01-17-2020
Can we just talk about how stupid this narrative is. What team this close to the SB “has nothing to lose”?

I get when people say this late in the season about a team already eliminated, and it might’ve even made a tiny bit of sense in the WC round, but this idea that the Titans have nothing to lose is fucking retarded. They think they’re going to the SB. They have everything to lose just like us.
[Reply]
TLO 02:52 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I expect the Titans to go all out.

Expect lots of 4th and short attempts. 2-4 4th down conversion attempts would not surprise me at all.

They know their D can't keep up. They know they have to score points to win this game.

It took them 35 points last game, some of that on some fluke shit.

And lets not pretend that Vrabel and Tannehill aren't fully capable of shitting the bed. That carriage can turn into a pumpkin at any given moment.
I like pumpkin pie
[Reply]
ReynardMuldrake 03:11 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
How the fuck is the pressure off when they’re one game away from the SB and fully expect to win?
Because they've already exceeded their expectations for the season. Win or lose, it's still been a success for them.
[Reply]
Wilson8 03:38 PM 01-17-2020
The mental aspect is focus on the tasks that you need to do right here and now. If anybody allows themselves to start thinking about the money, fame, and glory, they will be thinking about that and not what they need to do to accomplish those things.

Study and know your opponent. Know each and everyone of the plays. Take care of your body by proper foods and water. Keep a calm mind and be prepared for the tasks at hand.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:40 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake:
Because they've already exceeded their expectations for the season. Win or lose, it's still been a success for them.
So you think the Titans are this close and they’re willing to settle for less than a SB?

GMAFB They want it just as bad as we do. As they should.
[Reply]
MrSlippery 03:46 PM 01-17-2020
I completely disagree, they have a ton of pressure as you said they have already exceeded expectations. So the point is they need to win because the outlook for next season is no better, this is their chance.

Personally these narratives about nothing to lose do nothing for me, both teams want to and need to win equally. Losing will suck for whoever that is.
[Reply]
Wilson8 03:50 PM 01-17-2020
Everyone is different in how they have to prepare themselves mentally. Some football players have to get angry. They remind themselves of a past hurt or perceived injustice or thing said. Others play with joy because they love what they are doing. If you want something and that is all you think about, it is probably not going to serve the purpose that you need.

Several of the Chiefs, from Mahomes on down, have expressed the desire to win this for Andy Reid. Some times that really works for players, to be playing for something more important than self.
[Reply]
CapsLockKey 03:54 PM 01-17-2020
Titans have nothing to lose? I thought Vrabel said he'd cut off his dick for a super bowl. Seems like he's in a no win situation here and has a LOT to lose either way.
[Reply]
CapsLockKey 03:56 PM 01-17-2020
Exceeded the media expectations maybe. I think if you asked most decent teams before the season what their expectations are they'll tell you it's to win a championship.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:05 PM 01-17-2020
The Titans are the nerdy virgin that now has a chance with the hottest girl in school. They have EVERYTHING to lose.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:14 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The Titans are the nerdy virgin that now has a chance with the hottest girl in school. They have EVERYTHING to lose.
Solid analogy.

You get the prom queen to disrobe and you fire off early, something tells me you're not gonna say "oh well, it was house money..."
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up