ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: did you play Football? How far did you go?
Yes. But only sandlot and pickup games, PE class at school, etc. 15 13.04%
Yes. But only youth sports league. Once I was able to find my dingle-thingy I was only into that. 7 6.09%
Yes. I played in Youth Sports and High School. But no college. 58 50.43%
Yes. I played in high school and then for the local Jr. College. No school you’d have ever heard of. Our mascot was a sea turtle. 11 9.57%
Yes. High school up and played for a great college team. 3 2.61%
Yes. My whole life up through college but never was drafted. I own an Aunt Annie’s now. 1 0.87%
Yes. I played youth, high school, college and was an Arena or XFL player. My car license plate says S1PP1O. 0 0%
Yes. I played all my life and was drafted in the NFL but never made it past the practice squad. 0 0%
Yes. If you don’t know who I am you should leave Chiefs Planet forever. 7 6.09%
No. But I coach my kid’s pop warner team. It’s a great excuse to drink beer on a weeknight. 0 0%
No but I coach high school. I am also the school Driver’s Ed teacher. 1 0.87%
No, but I coach College. Its a great gig. My kids get free tuition. 0 0%
No, but I coach the pro’s and stop asking questions, I have a very important job to do this Sunday. 1 0.87%
No. I never played and never coached but I’ve watched enough football to give my opinions on how it should be done at every level. 6 5.22%
Never played or coached. I know little about football. I just like doing the chop, drinking and I’m mostly here for the girlypic thread. 2 1.74%
My football knowledge is on par with Gaz’s knowledge of beryllium extraction. 3 2.61%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Nzoner's Game Room>Have you ever actually Played Football? To what level?
TinyEvel 03:54 PM 01-16-2020
It's that time of year when everyone is an analyst, coach, prognosticator, scout, trainer, journalist, etc.

Can you back up your opinion? How much on-field cred do you bring to CP?
Poll forthcoming.

Have you earned your cleats? Or are you more-suited to the nachos line on the club level.

List your level of experience and post what position.
[Reply]
hometeam 09:39 PM 01-16-2020
In 8th grade we shut out every single opponent. 3A middle school beasts come at me~
[Reply]
oldman 10:51 PM 01-16-2020
Played in HS until I got hurt and had to make a choice between football and baseball. Played mostly ST since I was a little crazy and there wasn't a whole lot of opportunities for a 5'7" 155 lb. MLB in one of the biggest schools in Kansas.
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:16 PM 01-16-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
What do you have in a size 11.5 Nike?
I only sell shoes to fat women
[Reply]
MOhillbilly 11:17 PM 01-16-2020
7th-12th grade. Got my pads and my mom drove me to KC right before schools started. My uncle spent a weekend teaching me the fundamentals of playing the line. He was great support and I called him after every game. Sent me to U of H football camp 3 years in a row.
Broke my thumb, got a staff infection and almost had my hand amputated came back same year and then broke my leg and blew my knee out.

So football has provided me a lot a lot of cool experiences but idk if it was worth putting my dad through that financial hardship so I could play a game.
[Reply]
MOhillbilly 11:19 PM 01-16-2020
Originally Posted by hometeam:
In 8th grade we shut out every single opponent. 3A middle school beasts come at me~
Our RB in Jr high was 6-1 225 pounds. Big ol ginger sumbitch.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:37 PM 01-16-2020
8th-12th grade, DT 8th and 9th grade, then DE thru my senior year.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 11:42 PM 01-16-2020
This poll makes me feel judged and uncomfortable.....

Now I see we’re throwing up resumes.

In elementary school, aka youth programs, I was safety, after an early growth spurt, I played nose tackle and DL in 8th and 9th grade. I remember great victories with my best friend Wolf ( yes his given first name) terrorizing offenses in the great ft Collins area.

By 10th grade, I was back to TE and Safety material. I tried really hard to expand my pass catching with another friend, the QB, Justin Smith (who we lived next to) We practiced all the route tree, and tip toes on the sideline catches, but alas; I was destined for defense.

Then I moved to Topeka and switched my focus on wrestling. And thus ended my football playing experiences,

But that does not define what my eyes witness! And I’ve seen many things in the last 30 something years. Greatness in many pro football players. On the field of arrowhead; right after graduating high school as a photographer for a small town rag..... I stood next to the likes of dan saleaumua, Neil, DT!!!! Joe and Marcus soon joined the fold, many great years, teams and wins....

But alas, never bringing the Lamar trophy home.....

Trent, priest, that OL- was the next resurgence to hope, but it fell short.

Then ALex, forgive me for mentioning his name, draftibators. But he sparked some hope again.... it is not his fault for all those bumbles.... I know - “because chiefs”. It didn’t really start at that time, it started with Blackledge, went through many phases that included (that kicker) and what many chiefs could call Marty’s jinx (‘s. Meaning more than one jinx). RRPP, etc etc.

Now. Two years ago, almost three, we drafted somebody, not Gino, not Sanchez, not Watson, And I went to my first time ever chiefs training camp. I only had eyes for PMII..... I watched him warm up, I watched his drills, I watched him interacting with coaches and team mates. I then went home and watched every scouting video I could find.....

Flashback warming; I had watched Chase Daniel in high school, and MU. I thought he’d make the NFL. I was right. I thought Leaf would bust, and Manning succeed, and I was right, I’m not paid to watch this stuff, nor give my opinion. And playing barely into high school has no bearing. Hell, on this very BB many “experts” said Hali could never transition from 4-3 to 3-4.....

I know I don’t know everything, and I know I’ve been right more than I’ve been wrong!!!! Rerun???? But I knew, in training camp three seasons ago, we had a special young QB who would take the keys to the franchise and run with them.

Christ!!! He technically did it last year!!!!!

If he doesn’t do it Sunday, it will because of too many turnovers, or injuries. Baring that; we win, and go to the first of many AFC championships!!!! And hopefully many Superbowls too!!!

But I only played football into my 10th grade of high school............................
[Reply]
ChiefsOne 12:13 AM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by MOhillbilly:
7th-12th grade. Got my pads and my mom drove me to KC right before schools started. My uncle spent a weekend teaching me the fundamentals of playing the line. He was great support and I called him after every game. Sent me to U of H football camp 3 years in a row.
Broke my thumb, got a staff infection and almost had my hand amputated came back same year and then broke my leg and blew my knee out.

So football has provided me a lot a lot of cool experiences but idk if it was worth putting my dad through that financial hardship so I could play a game.
Hell of a coach, wish he was in KC!
[Reply]
straycash 07:16 AM 01-17-2020
Yes.

4 years as a DB, about to enter 1'st year as a RB in the spring.

Level = High school division 2/3

This is in Europe btw.
[Reply]
UK_Chief 07:28 AM 01-17-2020
Missed the option for runs a 4.3 40 and can bench 220 x30 plus supermodel GF
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 07:37 AM 01-17-2020
Always loved football but Mama wasnt too fond of her boy playing that foosball. I finally got to go out for the team my Jr yr of HS and started conditioning drills but had to quit due to increased responsibilities at home. My school raped faces all the way to a state title that year. I like to think I had something to do with that lol
[Reply]
limested 07:40 AM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by UK_Chief:
Missed the option for runs a 4.3 40 and can bench 220 x30 plus supermodel GF
Is 4.6 and 225x20 at age 45 ok?
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up