« First < 1767107113114115116117 118119120121127167217 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Bob Sutton
petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:57 PM 10-16-2018
Originally Posted by Iconic:
GB defense in Pettine's first year:

#11 in TOT YDS -10 yards shy of being in the top 10.
#7 in YDS/G
#4 in PASS YDS/G
#19 in RUSH YDS/G
#15 in PTS/G

We are fielding a historically bad defense, I mean record books bad, and you think giving up 30 to Btard is embarrassing?

Funny part is Pettine's D did what ours can't, get their QB the ball back. Keep making excuses for Bob while he asks Josh ****ing Shaw to play press man on Gronk with no help lmao.
Mike Pettine's first year in New York:

1st in points

Mike Pettine's last 2 years in New York:

20th in points

Everywhere he's gone, he's taken someone else's guys, turned in a good year and then it's all downhill from there.

That's NOT a defense of Sutton. It's just a simple acknowledgement of the fact that one man's trash is almost always another man's TRASH.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:00 PM 10-16-2018
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Firing Sutton IS a desperation move.

This defense is desperate. 2 weeks ago, I agree with you.

No more, it's time for Bob to go, if for no other reason than warm fuzzies. This defense is ruining a run to the Super Bowl. No more excuses it's time to slash and burn before it's too late.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:02 PM 10-16-2018
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Not comfortable doing? Like what tackling and not getting burned in coverage? Make all the excuses you want for those two but the fact remains they haven't been good here so far. That can change obviously. Season isn't over. Maybe you are right they need new roles but you still have to be able to cover and tackle.

Firing Sutton now seems like desperation and considering we are 5-1 and it won't work it also seems pointless to me. Who we going to get that is any good and is going to want to come in and coach this defense? A new DC is going to want to install a new defense doing that in basically the middle of the season isn't going to happen and they know that.

Frankly, we don't have the players to be able to do that effectively. Our starting FS wasn't resigned by us and got cut by the Falcons before the season started that's how bad our personnel on D is right now.

Best bet is to hope Berry and Houston can remain healthy if they can we'll be fine if not our offense is going to have to score a lot of pts something they are capable of doing. Simple as that. It's not the end of the world Mahomes is young and we can improve the D in the offseason with a new coordinator and more talent and if we don't win the SB this season.

You want to fire Sutton do it after the season until then ride it out. There's a reason 95% of the time HCs/coordinators get fired after the season is over.
Do you read the thread at all before making posts? I already said the same thing earlier. For now we need to focus on salvaging this defense and Sutton can either get the fuck out after it's all said and done or he pulls a miraculous turnaround out of his ass and he stays.
[Reply]
Jimmya 07:49 PM 10-16-2018
Denver Broncos: The Broncos staff “could be on the road to a coaching change” writes Sam Farmer of the LA Times. Vance Joseph’s squad has lost four in a row and allowed consecutive 200 yard rushers, prompting John Elway to say this defense has gotten “very soft”.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:50 PM 10-16-2018
Originally Posted by Jimmya:
Denver Broncos: The Broncos staff “could be on the road to a coaching change” writes Sam Farmer of the LA Times. Vance Joseph’s squad has lost four in a row and allowed consecutive 200 yard rushers, prompting John Elway to say this defense has gotten “very soft”.
You should probably stick to Twitter. That's a better place to post someone else's thoughts...
[Reply]
Jimmya 08:07 PM 10-16-2018
Ht... Calm down... Everybody knows you love Bob.... Just admit it. Dude is going to get canned no matter how much you try and stick up for him. Sorry.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:26 PM 10-16-2018
Originally Posted by Iconic:
GB defense in Pettine's first year:

#11 in TOT YDS -10 yards shy of being in the top 10.
#7 in YDS/G
#4 in PASS YDS/G
#19 in RUSH YDS/G
#15 in PTS/G

We are fielding a historically bad defense, I mean record books bad, and you think giving up 30 to Btard is embarrassing?

Funny part is Pettine's D did what ours can't, get their QB the ball back. Keep making excuses for Bob while he asks Josh ****ing Shaw to play press man on Gronk with no help lmao.
Shutting the horrible Bills out helps their numbers look way better than they are.

Take that game out and they are giving up 29 PPG average.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:35 PM 10-16-2018
Originally Posted by Jimmya:
Ht... Calm down... Everybody knows you love Bob.... Just admit it. Dude is going to get canned no matter how much you try and stick up for him. Sorry.
:-)

You sound like the Patriots fans.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:59 PM 10-16-2018
Not sure how anyone can argue that the Chiefs SHOULDN’T be in a desperation mode to fix this defense.

They are on a historically awful pace in terms of yards allowed and Sunday night was a preview of how Sutton’s defense will ultimately doom this team in the playoffs.

As great as Mahomes and the offense is, to expect them to score 50 points to win (and that is literally about what they needed to score vs. the Patriots on Sunday) is unrealistic in the playoffs.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:04 PM 10-16-2018
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Not sure how anyone can argue that the Chiefs SHOULDN’T be in a desperation mode to fix this defense.

They are on a historically awful pace in terms of yards allowed and Sunday night was a preview of how Sutton’s defense will ultimately doom this team in the playoffs.

As great as Mahomes and the offense is, to expect them to score 50 points to win (and that is literally about what they needed to score vs. the Patriots on Sunday) is unrealistic in the playoffs.
Kind of why I changed my mind on Sutton. It's time to throw caution to the wind. Sign DJ. Trade for Peterson or Reddick or Bethea or all 3. Fire Sutton.

They probably won't do any of it but they should do all of it.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:13 PM 10-16-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Kind of why I changed my mind on Sutton. It's time to throw caution to the wind. Sign DJ. Trade for Peterson or Reddick or Bethea or all 3. Fire Sutton.

They probably won't do any of it but they should do all of it.
I want him gone, but I'm not going to advocate for replacing him during the season. It's a very bad look for a team that is doing as well as the Chiefs are even though we know that the defense sucks monkey balls and could be much better.
It's a business thing, a respect thing that any prospective replacement would be looking at and saying, "do I want to sign on with a team that could dump me mid season"? It's just one of those unspoken things that you don't do unless the entire franchise is just falling apart.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:18 PM 10-16-2018
Originally Posted by Claysexual:
I want him gone, but I'm not going to advocate for replacing him during the season. It's a very bad look for a team that is doing as well as the Chiefs are even though we know that the defense sucks monkey balls and could be much better.
It's a business thing, a respect thing that any prospective replacement would be looking at and saying, "do I want to sign on with a team that could dump me mid season"? It's just one of those unspoken things that you don't do unless the entire franchise is just falling apart.
I don't know - being on pace to be one of the worst defenses ever, especially when the offense is SO good. I don't think it has the kind of optics you do.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 10:21 PM 10-16-2018
Originally Posted by Claysexual:
Very bad look? When you claim we could do much better? Is this the fucking Miss Universe pageant?

You need to rethink this.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:32 PM 10-16-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I don't know - being on pace to be one of the worst defenses ever, especially when the offense is SO good. I don't think it has the kind of optics you do.
You're thinking like a fan and that doesn't work in this scenario. Again, this team is 5-1 on its way to win the division again. As much as you and I want it now, now, NOW; it's not going to happen.

Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
Very bad look? When you claim we could do much better? Is this the fucking Miss Universe pageant?

You need to rethink this.
If you can't see that stability and support of personnel in the face of adversity( never mind fielding a team at 5-1 )is a Hunt/Chiefs trademark, then I don't know what to tell you.
Again, it's not my choice. I'd fire Sutton tomorrow morning. Hell, I would have fired him at the end of last season based on his perpetual downhill slide.
But Clarky-poo don't work like that.
[Reply]
ping2000 10:32 PM 10-16-2018
Bob's ideal replacement has been identified.
[Reply]
Page 117 of 298
« First < 1767107113114115116117 118119120121127167217 > Last »
Up