ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 55 of 68
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965 > Last »
Media Center>Zack Snyder to direct next Superman film
tk13 10:44 PM 10-04-2010
http://heatvision.hollywoodreporter....medium=twitter

Nolan and Zack Snyder, definitely an interesting team. There are already rumors now that Zod is going to be the villain.

I have to say I'm excited that it "appears" they aren't going to go totally out of left field and do something stupid and out of character for Superman.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:39 PM 06-19-2013
Originally Posted by Guru:
them women.
It's a curse. :-)
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:39 AM 06-20-2013
Originally Posted by DanBecky:
I don't think I'll understand that justice league movie. I mean, how will batman be useful when you have Supes?
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Same way Black Widow will be useful when you have The Hulk.
Well The Avengers fought against much lesser "baddies". The Hulk and Thor were literally tearing through waves of those alien things and we all saw what the Hulk did to the main villain (see: rape).

With so many of the Justice League members being overpowered, we would never see such weak villains in a JL film. It would likely be a Darkseid level threat or something similar in which, physically speaking, Batman would be utterly and completely useless.

With that said, Bats is a great mind. He's got the tech and tactical ability to remain somewhat useful. I'm not sure it would be cool to see a movie with Batman in a control room somewhere as opposed to the frontlines though.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 05:49 PM 06-20-2013
Originally Posted by -King-:
Spoiler!

Posted via Mobile Device
Spoiler!

[Reply]
kysirsoze 05:57 PM 06-20-2013
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
Spoiler!

I was making excuses for this movie for the first hour before I just couldn't anymore. No one wanted this movie to be great any more than I did. That fact is admittedly why I'm so hard on it. I'm pissed because I don't think it would be that hard to make an extremely compelling modern Superman movie, but WB is so bad at handling it's properties (Dark Knight trilogy notwithstanding), I may never see one. What I wanted was for this to do for Superman what Batman Begins did for Batman. It didn't. Not even close.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
kysirsoze 06:00 PM 06-20-2013
Originally Posted by DanBecky:
I don't think I'll understand that justice league movie. I mean, how will batman be useful when you have Supes?
Batman's use to the Justice League is primarily his mind. He's the world's greatest detective. He also is great at finding weaknesses in seemingly unstoppable opponents.
[Reply]
-King- 06:18 PM 06-20-2013
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
Spoiler!
Stopped reading right there.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:20 PM 06-20-2013
Good grief, can't some of you guys just lighten up and enjoy the movie? It's a movie about a superpowered alien who's indestructible and can fly, yet you fell the need to question and critique every little detail?
[Reply]
tk13 07:27 PM 06-20-2013
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Good grief, can't some of you guys just lighten up and enjoy the movie? It's a movie about a superpowered alien who's indestructible and can fly, yet you fell the need to question and critique every little detail?
It is a bit strange. I don't think this film or Dark Knight Rises are the greatest movies of all time... but recently the level of criticism has reached a point where people are picking apart these movies at an extreme level now.
[Reply]
DanBecky 07:28 PM 06-20-2013
Naw man. Not enough emotion. Needed to see more tears, yelling, anguish. Shit sucked. Jk :-)
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:28 PM 06-20-2013
Originally Posted by tk13:
It is a bit strange. I don't think this film or Dark Knight Rises are the greatest movies of all time... but recently the level of criticism has reached a point where people are picking apart these movies at an extreme level now.
Agreed. It's getting ridiculous. It's not a perfect movie, but it's well made and a hell of a lot of fun.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 08:16 PM 06-20-2013
I found it completely without charm and void of any likability. Well made? I guess, but who cares?
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:19 PM 06-20-2013
Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan:
I found it completely without charm and void of any likability.
oh well...
[Reply]
Gravedigger 09:58 PM 06-20-2013
Agreed. It's getting ridiculous. It's not a perfect movie, but it's well made and a hell of a lot of fun.
True, if the original 80's films looked like this I would've shit my pants as a kid. We really show our age when we sit there and say, "The 80's films were sooooo much better!"
[Reply]
-King- 10:32 PM 06-20-2013
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
I was making excuses for this movie for the first hour before I just couldn't anymore. No one wanted this movie to be great any more than I did. That fact is admittedly why I'm so hard on it. I'm pissed because I don't think it would be that hard to make an extremely compelling modern Superman movie, but WB is so bad at handling it's properties (Dark Knight trilogy notwithstanding), I may never see one. What I wanted was for this to do for Superman what Batman Begins did for Batman. It didn't. Not even close.
What did Batman Begins have that Man of Steel didn't?

And it's much much much easier to make a batman movie than it is to make a superman movie. One is about a human that has to rely on gadgets, and one is about an alien who has basically every superpower in the world and only one weakness.
[Reply]
-King- 10:33 PM 06-20-2013
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
True, if the original 80's films looked like this I would've shit my pants as a kid. We really show our age when we sit there and say, "The 80's films were sooooo much better!"
:-)
[Reply]
Page 55 of 68
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965 > Last »
Up