ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 69 of 72
« First < 19596566676869 707172 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Most Teams ‘Not Interested’ in Chiefs’ Eric Bieniemy
Mephistopheles Janx 02:37 AM 12-30-2020
https://heavy.com/sports/kansas-city...5-o3CPAb3Zxeek

Originally Posted by :
On a previous episode of the PFN Weekly show, Allbright mentioned that Eric Bieniemy is “a titleholder who relays the play calls in but doesn’t make the play calls very often.”

“Andy Reid’s doing the play calling. Like 99 percent of the time Andy Reid is doing the play calling, he designed the offense, all of that stuff.”

Allbright has also mentioned that Bieniemy’s previous interviews have been poor. These poor interviews have likely caused him to fall out of consideration for certain positions in the past. Allbright mentioned that some teams with vacancies aren’t all that interested in Bieniemy. These historical poor interviews could be a big reason why.

[Reply]
Mecca 09:30 PM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
Houston is so poorly ran they will probably trade Watson within the AFC South division.
It'll be even better when they release JJ Watt.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:34 PM 01-27-2021
Culley's the guy! That franchise is just shit.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:03 PM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I agree with this....buuutttttt.....it’s entirely possible that you’re giving the Texans too much credit. I don’t doubt that they’re very capable of fucking this up.
Bump
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:54 AM 01-28-2021

[Reply]
Marcellus 02:01 PM 01-28-2021
EB is either a really bad interview which is entirely possible, or doesn't really want to leave KC, which is entirely possible.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:04 PM 01-28-2021
I tried to tell you guys EB wasn't going to Houston. Houston is the worst run organization in the league now.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:28 PM 01-28-2021
It may be his past that's scaring teams off, but those teams are wrong. The media isn't going to crucify Bieniemy. That's not how SJW's work.

If they were going to crucify him, they'da done it by now. They'll ignore his past so they can promote him, and carry the narrative that it's the NFL owners and F/O's that have a racial inequality problem.

That's how it works. That's how it has always worked.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 03:48 PM 01-29-2021
Dan Patrick on his show said from his sources - the main reason Bieniemy hasn't gotten hired is because he does not have a firm staff in place to start. Does great in the personality part, teams aren't concerned about the offfield issues in the past. He doesn't say I'm bringing A or B with me on the staff to get it running. Teams are concerned he doesn't have an overall plan.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:52 PM 01-29-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Dan Patrick on his show said from his sources - the main reason Bieniemy hasn't gotten hired is because he does not have a firm staff in place to start. Does great in the personality part, teams aren't concerned about the offfield issues in the past. He doesn't say I'm bringing A or B with me on the staff to get it running. Teams are concerned he doesn't have an overall plan.
Well that's...weird.
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:55 PM 01-29-2021
Can we stop it with the "maybe he's a bad interview" bullshit? :-)

Chiefs fans in this thread have said about our OC of the best damn scoring offense of the past three years:

"Maybe he's not smart" / "Maybe teams don't think he's smart"

"Maybe he's a bad interview"

"Maybe he's nothing more than a glorified Andy Reid gofer"

"Maybe he comes off as too arrogant or entitled and wants more power than what the teams would give him"

Man, Bieniemy sounds like a huge giant dumbass. Andy Reid just doesn't know how to pick his offensive coordinators, does he? He really needs to re-evaluate that part of his coaching!
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 03:58 PM 01-29-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Well that's...weird.
Kind of makes sense though. If you can't start till after the Super Bowl and you really don't know who your staff is. That puts you behind the eight ball.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:00 PM 01-29-2021
Kind of makes sense though. If you can't start till after the Super Bowl and you really don't know who your staff is. That puts you behind the eight ball.
The guys that have their staff together before they're hired are often poaching from their former team, which I totally think is bush league.

If that's why Bienemy isn't getting hired, I'd rather keep him.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:05 PM 01-29-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Well that's...weird.
It's difficult to believe that after two years of interviews, EB isn't fully prepared to answer any and all questions and have a 5 year plan mapped out. But Dan Patrick has great sources, so I doubt this is bullshit.

As most people probably know, potential head coaches generally prepare their staffs long before the interview process. I have a friend that was asked by Brian Schottenheimer a few years back to become his Linebacker's coach if he to a HC gig after the season ended.

That didn't end up happening for Schottenheimer but it illustrates the importance of not only having a "Plan" for the franchise but for the coaching staff as well.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:09 PM 01-29-2021
I would tend to disagree.

Most of these potential head coaches have friends across the NFL and the college ranks, so there's always the "Hey, you're gonna be my DC when I get a head coaching gig and he's gonna be my OC", which is why we often see a guy or two leave their current gig for a promotion with a new HC.

For example, Saleh brought guys from the 49ers and Dan Campbell brought guys from New Orleans.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 04:23 PM 01-29-2021
I know it sucks we aren't getting compensatory picks from Bienemy, but isn't it good for us next year that he's sticking around? Maybe I'm reading the room wrong.
[Reply]
Page 69 of 72
« First < 19596566676869 707172 >
Up