ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 62 of 72
« First < 12525859606162 63646566 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Most Teams ‘Not Interested’ in Chiefs’ Eric Bieniemy
Mephistopheles Janx 02:37 AM 12-30-2020
https://heavy.com/sports/kansas-city...5-o3CPAb3Zxeek

Originally Posted by :
On a previous episode of the PFN Weekly show, Allbright mentioned that Eric Bieniemy is “a titleholder who relays the play calls in but doesn’t make the play calls very often.”

“Andy Reid’s doing the play calling. Like 99 percent of the time Andy Reid is doing the play calling, he designed the offense, all of that stuff.”

Allbright has also mentioned that Bieniemy’s previous interviews have been poor. These poor interviews have likely caused him to fall out of consideration for certain positions in the past. Allbright mentioned that some teams with vacancies aren’t all that interested in Bieniemy. These historical poor interviews could be a big reason why.

[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 01:25 PM 01-23-2021
It’s crazy to me someone can sit and honestly say someone else is basing accusations off of baseless claims, while going around basing accusations off of baseless claims.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 01:26 PM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I haven't mentioned race even once.

And no, the LA Times does not print "rumors as fact", especially in 1991. There are plenty of reputable sources, including The Orlando Sentinel, the UCLA Daily Bruin and ESPN, that still have these articles on their websites, which I've linked directly.

These are facts. For you to say that his arrests and DUI convictions are "rumors" is blatantly false.

The Rooney Rule requires teams to interview minority candidates. It does not require teams to hire minority candidates.

So, you're telling us that The LA Times wrote a "hit piece" in 1991 on Bieniemy to ensure that he wouldn't be hired as an NFL Head Coach in 2021?

Or that the Daily Bruin wrote a "hit piece" in 2001 about Bieniemy's second DUI arrest?

Yeah, I'm sure that a conspiracy to deny Eric Bieniemy an NFL head coaching job began 30 years ago and that none of his arrests and convictions actually happened. Sounds completely logical.
I ALREADY SAID I BELIEVE HE GOT A DUI DUMMY!!..and the fire fighter story might be true too...THOSE ARE MINOR ISSUES...the college stuff and sexual assault lines are NOT FACTS...so please engage your brain before responding.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:40 PM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
I ALREADY SAID I BELIEVE HE GOT A DUI DUMMY!!..and the fire fighter story might be true too...THOSE ARE MINOR ISSUES...the college stuff and sexual assault lines are NOT FACTS...so please engage your brain before responding.
Bieniemy was arrested in 1993 for assaulting a female parking attendant and was banned from the University of Colorado for one full year.

https://www.sportscasting.com/chiefs...ainst-a-woman/

According to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, Colorado police once again arrested Bieniemy, then in the NFL, in September 1993. The Orlando Sentinel reported that Bieniemy allegedly grabbed a female parking attendant by the neck and threatened her.

The University of Colorado Boulder banned Bieniemy from its campus for one year as a result.

“She stated that the male who grabbed her said something about ‘a bunch of Black males all at once being her worst nightmare,” the attendant told police, according to the arrest report.

----------
Here's a link to a similar report:

https://dailybruin.com/2004/04/05/fo...y-to-likely-fa

UCLA running backs coach Eric Bieniemy is expected to be called by the Independent Investigative Commission for questioning regarding his experiences as an assistant coach at the University of Colorado, the Boulder Daily Camera reported. A group appointed by the University of Colorado Board of Regents, the commission is investigating recent allegations that the Buffalo football program used alcohol and sex to lure recruits.

These allegations were brought to light after a former CU student alleged she was raped during a recruiting party. While at CU, Bieniemy was the leading recruiter and running backs coach for the 2001 and 2002 seasons, during the time the student and several others alleged they were raped by Buffalo football players.

Though Bieniemy was never questioned, in several depositions taken in 2003 for the lawsuit brought against CU, the coach’s history at CU was mentioned in part to set a pattern of behavior accepted by the university. Several people were questioned if they had prior knowledge that Bieniemy assaulted a campus parking attendant, which resulted in a one-year ban from the Boulder campus.

Also in April 2001, just three months after being hired, Bieniemy was arrested for driving under the influence and was docked a month’s pay.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:42 PM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
He's nothing but a pathetic smear artist hidden on a thread on a chiefs forum...his dumb views hold no weight and won't define EB as a person or coach. BRING REAL PROOF if folks want to play this game then weak rival fan articles is NOT going to cut it :-) ..
You do realize some of the "rival fan articles" were made before this year and while their own teams were looking for a coach right? Man you're really low IQ
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:57 PM 01-23-2021
I completely disagree.

Anytime there's even a mention of Tyreek Hill on PFT, there are anywhere from 75-100 comments calling him a "Child beater" or a "Wife Beater" while questioning Andy Reid's judgement, even to this day, despite the facts.

I didn't know about all of the other allegations about Bieniemy until I read about them on PFT last night and all it took was a 2 second Google search to uncover all of it that's known publicly.
The media sure is talking about Eric Bieniemy a lot. For the past two years. Hell, the talk of Bieniemy being a head coach arguably reached its climax this summer when the George Floyd stuff went down and talk of the draft pick compensation ramped up around the league.

For every Bieniemy mention you've seen, how many comments are about Bieniemy's past and why he's unhireable? Not many, right? It took you a 2 minute Google search, but guess what? People don't do 2-minute Google searches. They don't do anything. They read a Bieniemy story and don't really care enough to look up anything.

Tyreek Hill is completely different. He got drafted, and literally the first thing on that Day 3 was the draft desk guys going, "Umm... uhh... well, here's this thing on his record, and uhh..." And it of course only got worse when the KCTV5 shit went down such that now just about everybody identifies Hill with that drama whether they choose to believe the real story or not.

I have never once seen ESPN, NFL Network, FOX, PFT, or any other place talk about Bieniemy's checkered past during his head coaching quest. Not once.

Nobody knows about it, because the information isn't fed to them. And if they don't know it's out there, they're not going to go looking for it.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:59 PM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
There’s racism at work, yes.

If teams will never hire a coach with his checkered past, and if Bieniemy were white, presumably nobody would interview him. Bieniemy is black, so he gets interviews, but then he gets declined over and over again. It’s a complete waste of his time, all because he’s black.

Teams can interview any fucking black coach to satisfy the Rooney Rule. Why does it have to be him? Especially if he’s going to get ZERO consideration for the job going in
You’re right, but my point is he’s being pushed very hard by the media as the top candidate, and in today’s climate, if they outright refuse to even interview him they will be called racists anyways.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:01 PM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
It’s not hurting Kafka. They have given him raises with added job titles the last couple years and him being the passing game coordinator will likely afford him as many opportunities as being the OC would because

A. Everyone knows it’s Andy’s show

B. The league revolves around the passing game
If bieniemy was hired last year Kafka probably would be a head coach this year. An extra year and he'd be a top candidate for HC.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:21 PM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
It took you a 2 minute Google search, but guess what? People don't do 2-minute Google searches. They don't do anything.
Yeah, that's fairly evident when Matt Patricia's indictment goes unnoticed by the Patriots and the Lions organization, yet all it took was a little digging by a writer for the Detroit Free Press to reveal the allegations.

It's quite possible to think the same will happen to Bieniemy, especially if he takes the job in Houston, where long time NFL Beat Writer John McClain might run a story about checkered past before his initial press conference.
[Reply]
kevrunner 02:31 PM 01-23-2021
Looks like Deshaun Watson wants to be a Jet, he really likes Robert Saleh and wanted the Texans to give him an interview also. EB needs to stay way from the Texans and hopefully he’ll get a shot next year.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 02:43 PM 01-23-2021
Bieniemy was arrested in 1993 for assaulting a female parking attendant and was banned from the University of Colorado for one full year.

https://www.sportscasting.com/chiefs...ainst-a-woman/

According to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, Colorado police once again arrested Bieniemy, then in the NFL, in September 1993. The Orlando Sentinel reported that Bieniemy allegedly grabbed a female parking attendant by the neck and threatened her.

The University of Colorado Boulder banned Bieniemy from its campus for one year as a result.

“She stated that the male who grabbed her said something about ‘a bunch of Black males all at once being her worst nightmare,” the attendant told police, according to the arrest report.

----------
Here's a link to a similar report:

https://dailybruin.com/2004/04/05/fo...y-to-likely-fa

UCLA running backs coach Eric Bieniemy is expected to be called by the Independent Investigative Commission for questioning regarding his experiences as an assistant coach at the University of Colorado, the Boulder Daily Camera reported. A group appointed by the University of Colorado Board of Regents, the commission is investigating recent allegations that the Buffalo football program used alcohol and sex to lure recruits.

These allegations were brought to light after a former CU student alleged she was raped during a recruiting party. While at CU, Bieniemy was the leading recruiter and running backs coach for the 2001 and 2002 seasons, during the time the student and several others alleged they were raped by Buffalo football players.

Though Bieniemy was never questioned, in several depositions taken in 2003 for the lawsuit brought against CU, the coach’s history at CU was mentioned in part to set a pattern of behavior accepted by the university. Several people were questioned if they had prior knowledge that Bieniemy assaulted a campus parking attendant, which resulted in a one-year ban from the Boulder campus.

Also in April 2001, just three months after being hired, Bieniemy was arrested for driving under the influence and was docked a month’s pay.
IN 93 EB WAS 23 YEARS OLD YOU MORON!!..and "grabbing" someone is not beating on someone!!..and btw was he charged with anything? Err NO. And if you think every woman's accusation against a man is true...ask Emitt Tills family if they agree with such a notion smh.

Secondly where is the sexual assault stuff you aimed at him? If you're linking him with what his STUDENTS may or may not have done then you're merely proving my point even more.

Oh, and a dui 20 frikking years ago MEANS NOTHING!!..and if you think that is enough to keep him from getting a hc job then again...MATT PATRICIA says hi.
[Reply]
Wilson8 02:44 PM 01-23-2021
Maybe not this year. He may have to go to the college ranks to get an opportunity.

This is a huge thread so someone may have already covered this but something I have observed -

Eric Bieniemy loves to use coach phrases and sayings. He is getting better. He used to say six sentences to an interview question and almost every sentence was coach speak.

Again he is getting better, but his response this week about being asked about wanting to be a head coach is an example.

Originally Posted by :
"It’s always good to be mentioned and have an opportunity to pursue your dreams. And obviously, yes, I do want to be a head coach,” Bieniemy said in his press conference. “But when it’s all said and done with, my job is to make sure everything that we’re doing right now is not to take away from the goals we’re trying to accomplish. The only thing that matters [is] today we got better. Today, we had an opportunity to make sure we can take care of situational football, as far as short yardage, goal line, and our third-down situations. So now it’s time for us to go back in and chop wood, watch this tape, and get ready for the next day. We want to make sure we’re getting our guys ready to make sure they can take care of business on Sunday.

“My own personal business, when all that’s time to take care of itself, that will take care of itself. But thanks for asking.”
So instead of saying, "Hell yes, I'd love to be a head NFL football coach!", Eric has several coach speak sentences mixed in.

I think good words from Andy Reid, Patrick Mahomes, and Alex Smith will help but he is really running out of opportunities this year.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 02:45 PM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
You do realize some of the "rival fan articles" were made before this year and while their own teams were looking for a coach right? Man you're really low IQ
You're merely a cheerleader..piss off and get a clue please.
[Reply]
mkp785 02:46 PM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by kevrunner:
Looks like Deshaun Watson wants to be a Jet, he really likes Robert Saleh and wanted the Texans to give him an interview also.
If he gets traded, Jets and Phins make the most sense.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 02:48 PM 01-23-2021
JFC, it should be pretty obvious to those advocating for more black HC's, EB is not the poster person you want for your cause.
[Reply]
Spott 02:59 PM 01-23-2021
It seems like the trend lately to hire coaches that are in their late 30’s or early 40’s. I think that all of the coaches hired so far have been in that age range except for Urban Meyer. I didn’t realize that Bieniemy was in his 50’s, which could mean that his age could also be a factor as to why he hasn’t been hired yet.
[Reply]
Page 62 of 72
« First < 12525859606162 63646566 > Last »
Up