ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2602 of 2688
« First < 1602210225022552259225982599260026012602 260326042605260626122652 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 08:58 PM 12-28-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:
By "he," I assume you are referring to Mahomes. Obviously he ain't playing anywhere near his best, but neither is Kelce who has had his share of drops and fumbles (and PENALTIES!) this year. Rice has a drop/fumble issue as well. Kelce is a shell of his former self as an aging player with some injuries this year. Rice is a rookie who still needs development. Someone else was talking about Mike Evans, so I threw Chris Godwin in there too. Tampa clearly has the better weapons by a large margin.
DRM, since you're the resident TTU Fan, I wanted to ask if you've ever seen Mahomes this pissed off in games. Like his reaction to the drops and interceptions off his recievers hands. I've never seen him this upset. Was he ever like this as a Red Raider?
[Reply]
DRM08 09:07 PM 12-28-2023
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
DRM, since you're the resident TTU Fan, I wanted to ask if you've ever seen Mahomes this pissed off in games. Like his reaction to the drops and interceptions off his recievers hands. I've never seen him this upset. Was he ever like this as a Red Raider?
Probably not with receivers. Kliff gave him pretty solid receivers at Tech. Our main problem in those days was a defense that gave up 50+ points way too often. We even gave up 82 to TCU in Patrick’s freshman year. There was a game in 2016 where Arizona State’s RB scored 8 TD’s on us. Lol. That said, Mahomes was familiar with playing in shootouts. Lost multiple playoff games in high school where he scored 50+ in each game.

If he ever got mad at Tech, it was probably anger at himself for the occasional dumb interception. Never saw him show frustration with his teammates. These days it’s probably a combination of everything. His own mistakes plus some of the silly stuff we keep seeing from the WR’s too. Hell I think he gets annoyed with Andy taking a million years to send the playcall from the sidelines. That was not an issue with Kingsbury, who ran a fast tempo hurry-up offense on every drive.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:44 PM 12-28-2023

A day Isaac will never forget. Thank you, @PatrickMahomes ❤️#WPMOYChallenge pic.twitter.com/3LJWts6v9d

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) December 28, 2023

[Reply]
RedRaider56 07:12 AM 12-29-2023
Probably not with receivers. Kliff gave him pretty solid receivers at Tech. Our main problem in those days was a defense that gave up 50+ points way too often. We even gave up 82 to TCU in Patrick’s freshman year. There was a game in 2016 where Arizona State’s RB scored 8 TD’s on us. Lol. That said, Mahomes was familiar with playing in shootouts. Lost multiple playoff games in high school where he scored 50+ in each game.

If he ever got mad at Tech, it was probably anger at himself for the occasional dumb interception. Never saw him show frustration with his teammates. These days it’s probably a combination of everything. His own mistakes plus some of the silly stuff we keep seeing from the WR’s too. Hell I think he gets annoyed with Andy taking a million years to send the playcall from the sidelines. That was not an issue with Kingsbury, who ran a fast tempo hurry-up offense on every drive.
Have to agree with your take on this. I don't recall ever seeing Mahomes this frustrated while playing at Tech. He'd get frustrated with himself, but never saw him going after refs, or chewing out teammates on the sidelines like he has been doing this year
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:42 AM 12-29-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Uh, Travis has been 'freelancing' a large percentage of his routes for more than half a decade, you know that right? or that the best of the best WRs/TEs were doing it for decades before Travis ever put on a Chiefs jersey?:-)
Yeah the difference is kelce freelances because he sees what mahomes sees. Because he can read a defense. Demarcus for all his flaws got open all the time because he played really well in scramble drill. He was an interesting dude in that he was ok in structure but great out of it.

Yet another shortcoming of our WRs. They have to be schemed open and while last year it helped mahomes learn to play in structure but now we’re just wasting his absurd talents to play out of structure. These WRs have no feel for the game whatsoever.
[Reply]
GoForIt 08:48 AM 12-29-2023
Ross Tucker Podcast
@RossTuckerPod
“Mahomes has not played well…phenomenal second reaction plays not happening this year…not seeing it really well.”

@GregCosell
tells you what the film shows of Mahomes and the Chiefs offense right now:

https://twitter.com/RossTuckerPod/st...5Es1_&ref_url=
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:09 AM 12-29-2023
Originally Posted by GoForIt:
Ross Tucker Podcast
@RossTuckerPod
“Mahomes has not played well…phenomenal second reaction plays not happening this year…not seeing it really well.”

@GregCosell
tells you what the film shows of Mahomes and the Chiefs offense right now:

https://twitter.com/RossTuckerPod/st...5Es1_&ref_url=
I don’t get why analysts keep saying this kind of stuff as if mahomes didn’t win a Super Bowl playing under structure and hasn’t been largely a short yardage guy the past 2 seasons. The mental part is definitely true. He’s rattled.
[Reply]
O.city 10:11 AM 12-29-2023
Because it’s true?

He’s not playing well
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:23 AM 12-29-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Because it’s true?

He’s not playing well
He isn’t playing well. He is mentally rattled. Of course that’s true. But there are so many lazy narratives about how mahomes can only succeed when he’s freelancing or from others (not in the referenced podcast … but elsewhere) that he can’t win without wr help. It’s like people are just erasing last year from their memory
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:46 AM 12-29-2023
Because it’s true?

He’s not playing well
It's 100% true. He's been absolutely awful lately
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:56 AM 12-29-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
He isn’t playing well. He is mentally rattled. Of course that’s true. But there are so many lazy narratives about how mahomes can only succeed when he’s freelancing or from others (not in the referenced podcast … but elsewhere) that he can’t win without wr help. It’s like people are just erasing last year from their memory

No QB would be playing well with this dog shit.

The Mahomes has good enough weapons crowd referenced Tom Brady winning a SB scoring 13 points but even those WR's were veterans that knew what they were doing and ran the routes perfectly, were always where Brady expected and caught the ball.

All of them. We don't have any of those.
[Reply]
Best22 11:19 AM 12-29-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Yep

He was the best pocket QB last year. Pressure or no pressure, blitz or no blitz he was awesome

This year he hasn’t played up to standard at all. 26TD and 14INT isn’t like him. He should probably only have 10 picks on the year, including the ones that aren’t his fault. The ones against the NYJ, GB, and PHI were inexcusable. Take better care of the ball against PHI, and we’re 10-5. Play better against the Raiders and were 11-4.

Defense is finally there, the team just needs to not turn it over
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:00 PM 12-29-2023
By "he," I assume you are referring to Mahomes. Obviously he ain't playing anywhere near his best, but neither is Kelce who has had his share of drops and fumbles (and PENALTIES!) this year. Rice has a drop/fumble issue as well. Kelce is a shell of his former self as an aging player with some injuries this year. Rice is a rookie who still needs development. Someone else was talking about Mike Evans, so I threw Chris Godwin in there too. Tampa clearly has the better weapons by a large margin.
Kelce’s had a few frustrating drops, but it hasn’t been a huge problem. He’s still among the best tight ends in the league.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 12:05 PM 12-29-2023
https://x.com/mattverderame/status/1...lHXA6BeO88mpxA

You can give Mahomes all the players you want, if he won’t stand there in the pocket it won’t matter
Insane how wide open Rice was on that play. The Patrick of every year before this one simply doesn't miss guys like that. Hope he gets it figured out before next season, I have no doubt that he will.
[Reply]
DRM08 12:08 PM 12-29-2023
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
No QB would be playing well with this dog shit.

The Mahomes has good enough weapons crowd referenced Tom Brady winning a SB scoring 13 points but even those WR's were veterans that knew what they were doing and ran the routes perfectly, were always where Brady expected and caught the ball.

All of them. We don't have any of those.
Edelman was MVP of that 13 point Super Bowl game, even though it probably should have been awarded to Belichick’s defense for allowing only 3 points to a very good Rams offense. But Edelman is exactly the kind of solid receiver you want to have. Very good hands, very good route-running, and very good field awareness.
[Reply]
Page 2602 of 2688
« First < 1602210225022552259225982599260026012602 260326042605260626122652 > Last »
Up