ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 189
« First < 111718192021 222324253171121 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What strains of weed are you currently smoking?
Coochie liquor 06:14 PM 11-07-2014
Since we have a what are you drinking thread, I think we need a what strain are you smoking thread. Hope it's not a Q.

I'll start. I've got 2 kinds currently 1) Cherry Berry, which is a cross between Berry White and Cherry Kush 2) some fire ass Blue Dream. Hard to pick which I like better but leaning towards Cherry Berry. All the Berry White strains I've had are funk!!
[Reply]
Buck 09:26 PM 01-15-2015
I ran out. Instead of buying more I'm going to try to quit. Wish me luck.
[Reply]
Katipan 09:30 PM 01-15-2015
Originally Posted by Buck:
I ran out. Instead of buying more I'm going to try to quit. Wish me luck.
Good luck! There are a ton of great reasons not to smoke pot.
[Reply]
Simply Red 07:05 AM 01-16-2015
Originally Posted by Katipan:
inaccurate.
[Reply]
Katipan 07:27 AM 01-16-2015
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
inaccurate.
I have a pair of Aviator sunglasses that I just love. When I wear them the entire world is more beautiful. Like someone cranked up the saturation and contrast on life. I would force my family to gaze upon stunning sunsets asking them if they saw certain colors. To which I would get blank stares and maybe an eyebrow raise.

I'd take off my sunglasses and realize, over and over, that I wasn't seeing real colors or light. And there is something very important to be said about seeing life unfiltered.

I will say it another time tho so I can finish my bowl.
[Reply]
Simply Red 07:43 AM 01-16-2015
I have a pair of Aviator sunglasses that I just love. When I wear them the entire world is more beautiful. Like someone cranked up the saturation and contrast on life. I would force my family to gaze upon stunning sunsets asking them if they saw certain colors. To which I would get blank stares and maybe an eyebrow raise.

I'd take off my sunglasses and realize, over and over, that I wasn't seeing real colors or light. And there is something very important to be said about seeing life unfiltered.

I will say it another time tho so I can finish my bowl.

stoned is the way of the walk.
[Reply]
Graystoke 09:00 AM 01-16-2015
Ok.
Give me a Top Ten List.
Cause I don't believe you
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 10:12 AM 01-16-2015
I can only think of 2. For my kids, or if on probation.
[Reply]
kepp 10:21 AM 01-16-2015
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
I can only think of 2. For my kids, or if on probation.
Marijuana smoke contains 50% more cancer causing substances than tabacco.
[Reply]
Fish 10:34 AM 01-16-2015
Originally Posted by kepp:
Marijuana smoke contains 50% more cancer causing substances than tabacco.
That statement is actually mostly true. However, that doesn't mean that that marijuana smoke causes 50% more cancer. Tobacco is still much worse because of the way the body is receptive to the different carcinogenic compounds.

Originally Posted by :
Smoke from tobacco and cannabis contains many of the same carcinogens and tumor promoters [20,21]. However, cannabis and tobacco have additional pharmacological activities, both receptor-dependent and independent, that result in different biological endpoints. Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons found in smoke are pro-carcinogens that are converted to carcinogens by the enzymatic activity of the cytochrome P4501A1 oxidase protein (CYP1A1 gene product). Benzo [a] pyrene is converted to its carcinogenic metabolite diol epoxide, which binds to specific hyper-mutable nucleotide sequences in the K-ras oncogene and p53 tumor suppressor [22]. Recent work by Roth et al. demonstrates that THC treatment of murine hepatoma cells caused a dose dependent increase in CYP1A1 gene transcription, while at the same time directly inhibiting the enzymatic activity of the gene product [23]. Thus, despite potentially higher levels of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons found in cannabis smoke compared to tobacco smoke (dependent on what part of the plant is smoked), the THC present in cannabis smoke should exert a protective effect against pro-carcinogens that require activation. In contrast, nicotine activates some CYP1A1 activities, thus potentially increasing the carcinogenic effects of tobacco smoke [24].

[...]

In conclusion, while both tobacco and cannabis smoke have similar properties chemically, their pharmacological activities differ greatly. Components of cannabis smoke minimize some carcinogenic pathways whereas tobacco smoke enhances some. Both types of smoke contain carcinogens and particulate matter that promotes inflammatory immune responses that may enhance the carcinogenic effects of the smoke. However, cannabis typically down-regulates immunologically-generated free radical production by promoting a Th2 immune cytokine profile. Furthermore, THC inhibits the enzyme necessary to activate some of the carcinogens found in smoke. In contrast, tobacco smoke increases the likelihood of carcinogenesis by overcoming normal cellular checkpoint protective mechanisms through the activity of respiratory epithelial cell nicotine receptors. Cannabinoids receptors have not been reported in respiratory epithelial cells (in skin they prevent cancer), and hence the DNA damage checkpoint mechanism should remain intact after prolonged cannabis exposure. Furthermore, nicotine promotes tumor angiogenesis whereas cannabis inhibits it. It is possible that as the cannabis-consuming population ages, the long-term consequences of smoking cannabis may become more similar to what is observed with tobacco. However, current knowledge does not suggest that cannabis smoke will have a carcinogenic potential comparable to that resulting from exposure to tobacco smoke.

It should be noted that with the development of vaporizers, that use the respiratory route for the delivery of carcinogen-free cannabis vapors, the carcinogenic potential of smoked cannabis has been largely eliminated [47,48].

http://www.ncbi.:-).nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1277837/

[Reply]
Katipan 10:51 AM 01-16-2015
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
Ok.
Give me a Top Ten List.
Cause I don't believe you
Well, there's the poetic one I gave SR. I was bummed when my purples weren't really purple.

It's against federal law. So if you want a law enforcement job there's gotta be a box on a form somewhere that you're going to lie on.

I can't remember what I was just talking about sometimes. Severe short term memory gets compromised. Is that really just a magical effect that happens when you puff with a dragon, or is something affecting my little neurons in my big brain?

Kids. Some kids are ruled by the fist. Some kids are ruled by example.

Resin in clothing. On carpets.

Price. It's an expensive hobby when compared to something like knitting.

Addiction. It might not be physically addicting. I've never had withdrawls that sent me shivering and crying in a corner. But there was a period of time between Mt. Rushmore and Boulder that I couldn't smoke pot and it wasn't pretty.

Smell in your hair. I have tons of lotions and body sprays and perfumes. But none of it can go in my hair. My hair smells like weed. It should smell like Argan Oil and coconuts. I think I'll fix that by smoking a bowl in the shower.

Family. They live in places where they can't have it. I have too many kids to risk running it across the country. But you forever have to deal with jealous love. I am so not the girl for jealous love.

Was that enough?
9?

Um. It's a gateway drug to cocaine and venereal diseases.
[Reply]
kepp 10:55 AM 01-16-2015
Well, there's the poetic one I gave SR. I was bummed when my purples weren't really purple.

It's against federal law. So if you want a law enforcement job there's gotta be a box on a form somewhere that you're going to lie on.

I can't remember what I was just talking about sometimes. Severe short term memory gets compromised. Is that really just a magical effect that happens when you puff with a dragon, or is something affecting my little neurons in my big brain?

Kids. Some kids are ruled by the first. Some kids are ruled by example.

Resin in clothing. On carpets.

Price. It's an expensive hobby when compared to something like knitting.

Addiction. It might not be physically addicting. I've never had withdrawls that sent me shivering and crying in a corner. But there was a period of time between Mt. Rushmore and Boulder that I couldn't smoke pot and it wasn't pretty.

Smell in your hair. I have tons of lotions and body sprays and perfumes. But none of it can go in my hair. My hair smells like weed. It should smell like Argan Oil and coconuts. I think I'll fix that by smoking a bowl in the shower.

Family. They live in places where they can't have it. I have too many kids to risk running it across the country. But you forever have to deal with jealous love. I am so not the girl for jealous love.

Was that enough?
9?

Um. It's a gateway drug to cocaine and venereal diseases.
Brain shrinkage and IQ loss.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 10:56 AM 01-16-2015
Originally Posted by Fish:
That statement is actually mostly true. However, that doesn't mean that that marijuana smoke causes 50% more cancer. Tobacco is still much worse because of the way the body is receptive to the different carcinogenic compounds.
That and no one sits around smoking >20 joints a day.
[Reply]
Fish 10:57 AM 01-16-2015
Originally Posted by Radar Chief:
Speak for yourself..... :-)
[Reply]
kepp 10:57 AM 01-16-2015
Originally Posted by Radar Chief:
One joint has as much cancer causing substances as 5 cigs.
[Reply]
Donger 10:58 AM 01-16-2015
Originally Posted by Fish:
But it's a harmless plant, and cures cancer.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 189
« First < 111718192021 222324253171121 > Last »
Up