ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Washington DC and The Holy Land>This popped up on my FB Newsfeed: How to be a better white person in 2020
Titty Meat 02:51 AM 01-14-2020
https://www.theroot.com/how-to-be-a-...eroot_facebook

HAHAHA I reported the article as fake news and promptly removed the person who posted this bullshit. People actually read and believe this shit?!?!
[Reply]
Over Yonder 04:35 AM 01-14-2020
Is theroot satire for black folks? Rachael Maddow " the best and brightest of the white people"?

How many gallons of lead based paint does a person have to drink to reach THAT conclusion :-)
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:32 AM 01-14-2020
I’ve got some ideas on how blacks can improve
[Reply]
RN47 08:04 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
I’ve got some ideas on how blacks can improve

Tsk tsk. Re-education camp for you. All 'black' people are African Americans, because they all, without exception, came from Africa.

Additionally;

The term 'Oriental' people is extremely offensive, even though it specifically refers to eastern Asia and is a more accurate way to describe people from that region, and they quite often refer to themselves as Oriental. Asian is the new accepted term, despite the fact it is earth's largest continent and would include the most culturally and ethnic diverse group of people on the planet-- we really mean squinty-eyed folk.

'Mexican', 'Guatemalan' or 'Costa Rican' is offensive. Hispanic, Latino or Latina is acceptable; as in "Ariana Grande is a beautiful and empowered Latina woman." It doesn't matter that she's Italian, she identifies as an ethnic woman.

'White' is okay I guess. Theoretically....but you should kind of be ashamed.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:04 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Over Yonder:
Is theroot satire for black folks? Rachael Maddow " the best and brightest of the white people"?

How many gallons of lead based paint does a person have to drink to reach THAT conclusion :-)
It was a white female who posted it too. It's really odd anytime I see garbage like this posted its almost always a white chick who's sharing it.
[Reply]
F150 08:58 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by RN47:

The term 'Oriental' people is extremely offensive, even though it specifically refers to eastern Asia and is a more accurate way to describe people from that region, and they quite often refer to themselves as Oriental. Asian is the new accepted term, despite the fact it is earth's largest continent and would include the most culturally and ethnic diverse group of people on the planet-- we really mean squinty-eyed folk.

Is there a central repository for things like this? Who declares such as now in place and active and old words like oriental now dead?

Do we still have Oriental rugs?

Language is interesting and we have always had people ascribe meanings to words for their own reasons.

Thank you
[Reply]
BDj23 08:59 AM 01-14-2020
The Root?

Ya, nah m8.
[Reply]
Up