ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Hall of Classics>NFT: Man Can Sue Over Surprise Pregnancy
The Rick 02:36 PM 02-24-2005
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...us/sperm_theft
Originally Posted by :
Court: Man Can Sue Over Surprise Pregnancy

CHICAGO - An appeals court said a man can press a claim for emotional distress after learning a former lover had used his sperm to have a baby. But he can't claim theft, the ruling said, because the sperm were hers to keep.

The ruling Wednesday by the Illinois Appellate Court sends Dr. Richard O. Phillips' distress case back to trial court.

Phillips accuses Dr. Sharon Irons of a "calculated, profound personal betrayal" after their affair six years ago, saying she secretly kept semen after they had oral sex, then used it to get pregnant.

He said he didn't find out about the child for nearly two years, when Irons filed a paternity lawsuit. DNA tests confirmed Phillips was the father, the court papers state.

Phillips was ordered to pay about $800 a month in child support, said Irons' attorney, Enrico Mirabelli.

Phillips sued Irons, claiming he has had trouble sleeping and eating and has been haunted by "feelings of being trapped in a nightmare," court papers state.

Irons responded that her alleged actions weren't "truly extreme and outrageous" and that Phillips' pain wasn't bad enough to merit a lawsuit. The circuit court agreed and dismissed Phillips' lawsuit in 2003.

But the higher court ruled that, if Phillips' story is true, Irons "deceitfully engaged in sexual acts, which no reasonable person would expect could result in pregnancy, to use plaintiff's sperm in an unorthodox, unanticipated manner yielding extreme consequences."

The judges backed the lower court decision to dismiss the fraud and theft claims, agreeing with Irons that she didn't steal the sperm.

"She asserts that when plaintiff 'delivered' his sperm, it was a gift — an absolute and irrevocable transfer of title to property from a donor to a donee," the decision said. "There was no agreement that the original deposit would be returned upon request."

Phillips is representing himself in the case. He could not be reached for comment Thursday.

"There's a 5-year-old child here," Mirabelli said. "Imagine how a child feels when your father says he feels emotionally damaged by your birth."

[Reply]
milkman 03:30 PM 02-24-2005
Originally Posted by badgirl:
If this asshole didn't want a "surprise" he should have used protection, its much his fault as hers. Hes a dumbass
I'm sorry, but if I leave my gift inside a woman's mouth, then it wouldn't be unreasonable of me to assume that there wouldn't be a child.
[Reply]
badgirl 03:31 PM 02-24-2005
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
:-) That's funny, you got a real sence of humour.
:-) that wasn't meant to be funny
[Reply]
Phobia 03:31 PM 02-24-2005
If this asshole didn't want a "surprise" he should have used protection, its much his fault as hers. Hes a dumbass
You're a dumbass. Heh.
[Reply]
badgirl 03:32 PM 02-24-2005
Originally Posted by milkman:
I'm sorry, but if I leave my gift inside a woman's mouth, then it wouldn't be unreasonable of me to assume that there wouldn't be a child.
You beleive happened that way, hes frigging lying , thats the most redicilous story I have ever heard, if you guys beleive this I have a beachfront condo in arizona to sell you
[Reply]
Calcountry 03:35 PM 02-24-2005
Originally Posted by Phobia:
Doesn't surprise me:

A Woman was out golfing one day when she hit the ball into the woods.

She went into the woods to look for it and found a frog in a trap. The frog said to her, "If you release me from this trap, I will grant you three wishes."

The woman freed the frog, and the frog said, "Thank you, but I failed to mention that there was a condition to your wishes. Whatever you wish for, your husband will get times ten."

The woman said, "That's okay." and for her first wish, she wanted to be the most beautiful woman in the world. The frog warned her, "You do realize that this wish will also make your husband the most handsome man in the world, an Adonis whom women will flock to."

The woman replied, "That’s okay, because I will be the most beautiful woman and he will have eyes only for me. "So, KAZAM!" she’s the most beautiful woman in the world.

For her second wish, she wanted to be the richest woman in the world. The frog said, "That will make your husband the richest man in the world and he will be ten times richer than you."

The woman said, "That's okay, because what's mine is his and what's his is mine. “ So, KAZAM!" she's the richest woman in the world.

The frog then inquired about her third wish, and she answered, "I'd like a mild heart attack."

Moral of the story: Women are clever. Don't mess with them.

Attention female readers: This is the end of the joke for you. Stop here and continue feeling good. :-)

Attention Male readers: Please scroll down.

The man had a heart attack ten times milder than his wife.

Moral of the story: Women are really dumb but think they're really smart.

Let them continue to think that way and just enjoy the show..

PS: If you are a woman and you are still reading this, it only goes to show that you women never listen!
:-).
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 03:38 PM 02-24-2005
Doesn't surprise me:

A Woman was out golfing one day when she hit the ball into the woods.

She went into the woods to look for it and found a frog in a trap. The frog said to her, "If you release me from this trap, I will grant you three wishes."

The woman freed the frog, and the frog said, "Thank you, but I failed to mention that there was a condition to your wishes. Whatever you wish for, your husband will get times ten."

The woman said, "That's okay." and for her first wish, she wanted to be the most beautiful woman in the world. The frog warned her, "You do realize that this wish will also make your husband the most handsome man in the world, an Adonis whom women will flock to."

The woman replied, "That’s okay, because I will be the most beautiful woman and he will have eyes only for me. "So, KAZAM!" she’s the most beautiful woman in the world.

For her second wish, she wanted to be the richest woman in the world. The frog said, "That will make your husband the richest man in the world and he will be ten times richer than you."

The woman said, "That's okay, because what's mine is his and what's his is mine. “ So, KAZAM!" she's the richest woman in the world.

The frog then inquired about her third wish, and she answered, "I'd like a mild heart attack."

Moral of the story: Women are clever. Don't mess with them.

Attention female readers: This is the end of the joke for you. Stop here and continue feeling good. :-)

Attention Male readers: Please scroll down.

The man had a heart attack ten times milder than his wife.

Moral of the story: Women are really dumb but think they're really smart.

Let them continue to think that way and just enjoy the show..

PS: If you are a woman and you are still reading this, it only goes to show that you women never listen!
Classic!!! :-)
[Reply]
Phobia 03:38 PM 02-24-2005
You beleive happened that way, hes frigging lying , thats the most redicilous story I have ever heard, if you guys beleive this I have a beachfront condo in arizona to sell you
Your reading comprehension is lacking. Do you think the woman is lying, too?
[Reply]
badgirl 03:41 PM 02-24-2005
Your reading comprehension is lacking. Do you think the woman is lying, too?
i think they had unprotected sex and she got knocked up, period, he's stupid, trying to sue to keep from paying child support , thats all there are to it.
[Reply]
tk13 03:42 PM 02-24-2005
The woman is the one who said she did it....
[Reply]
Ghostof 03:42 PM 02-24-2005
I think this is all crap too. SOunds like a deadbeat dad to me.

I thought saliva and also being exposed to air would kill all that.
[Reply]
Phobia 03:43 PM 02-24-2005
i think they had unprotected sex and she got knocked up, period, he's stupid, trying to sue to keep from paying child support , thats all there are to it.
Like I said, you can't ****ing read. Heh.
[Reply]
Phobia 03:44 PM 02-24-2005
Originally Posted by Ghostof:
I think this is all crap too. SOunds like a deadbeat dad to me.

I thought saliva and also being exposed to air would kill all that.
You can't read either.
[Reply]
tk13 03:44 PM 02-24-2005
If it was that simple, why wouldn't the woman simply say that? She's supposedly the one who came back to the man and filed a suit against him saying she had done this.... why on earth would she make up a story like this instead of saying "Well, I just got knocked up"?
[Reply]
badgirl 03:44 PM 02-24-2005
Originally Posted by tk13:
The woman is the one who said she did it....
Hes' suing to keep from paying child support,hes lying when he says it causing him all this anguish, he stupid.
[Reply]
Phobia 03:45 PM 02-24-2005
This is for the people who can't read:

"She asserts that when plaintiff 'delivered' his sperm, it was a gift — an absolute and irrevocable transfer of title to property from a donor to a donee," the decision said. "There was no agreement that the original deposit would be returned upon request."

In other words, she's not contesting the way in which it happened.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up