ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 53 of 293
« First < 3434950515253 5455565763103153 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2017-2018 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread *****
saphojunkie 11:27 AM 04-06-2017
Fuck the elite 8. Final Four or bust, baby.

Will update as people declare for the draft/transfer/commit

ROSTER:

Spoiler!

UPDATE: Important new dates:

Kansas 2017 Summer Tour - Italy
Spoiler!

NON CON SCHEDULE:

Spoiler!

BIG 12 SCHEDULE:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
ChiTown 10:46 PM 01-03-2018
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Outright is kinda stupid. KU beat Kstate 3 times in 13' they called it a split title :-)
So, that’s a no?
[Reply]
Pants 11:22 PM 01-03-2018
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Not me. I'd take a final four and no big xii title over a big xii title and elite 8 flop.
I care waaaaaaay more about setting an unprecedented, historic record that would probably stand for decades (if not forever) than something 4 teams do every year. It's not always good teams either.

I don't understand that FF logic at all.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:01 AM 01-04-2018
I won't write this team out of the conference title. Every year there is a point where I think "Welp, this is the year they lose it" and then they end up at the top every year. Will they win it? I don't know. But I won't say they won't until they are eliminated from it.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:31 AM 01-04-2018
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
I won't write this team out of the conference title. Every year there is a point where I think "Welp, this is the year they lose it" and then they end up at the top every year. Will they win it? I don't know. But I won't say they won't until they are eliminated from it.
It’s harder to see though. Like when Perry was here we’d all say, “well, if Perry would quit being a pussy we might have a shot at something.” The he would!

The real problem I see is that Selfs teams always look like JV squads until the break. Well, it’s after the break.

Maybe you can look at it and say if Vick and Newman tighten down defensively- particularly rebounding AND Udoka can play more minutes and figure out how to make a free throw, maybe we’ve got something. That’s a lot to ask. At this point it looks to me like Preston or DeSousa need to work miracles.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:00 AM 01-04-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
It’s harder to see though. Like when Perry was here we’d all say, “well, if Perry would quit being a pussy we might have a shot at something.” The he would!

The real problem I see is that Selfs teams always look like JV squads until the break. Well, it’s after the break.

Maybe you can look at it and say if Vick and Newman tighten down defensively- particularly rebounding AND Udoka can play more minutes and figure out how to make a free throw, maybe we’ve got something. That’s a lot to ask. At this point it looks to me like Preston or DeSousa need to work miracles.
Rebounding is a big killer for us. Especially against Tech. Couldn't get a rebound on either side of the court. It doesn't help that Azubuike was contesting shots from out on the 3 through picks that he had no business trying to contest.

Tighten up the rebounding and I think you see a different team. We've given up 30 offensive rebounds in the past 2 games (18 against Tech). That's a lot of 2nd chance points.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 09:08 AM 01-04-2018
As good as Udoke has been, he's a terrible rebounder. I can't count how many times he's waiting for someone else to go get the ball and it's right in front of him. He just doesn't have that instinct for a big guy. Every so often you'll see him fight (probably after having someone get in his ass and remind him), but then he goes back to his normal self.

With him being the only legit big, it doesn't bode well for the teams overall rebounding prospects.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:47 AM 01-04-2018
Originally Posted by Pants:
I care waaaaaaay more about setting an unprecedented, historic record that would probably stand for decades (if not forever) than something 4 teams do every year. It's not always good teams either.

I don't understand someone not understanding it.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:51 AM 01-04-2018
Originally Posted by Pants:

I totally agree with you. Sports is about doing things nobody else hasn't done. Making your own legacy. KU has a chance to do that with #14 this year.
[Reply]
farmerchief 12:32 PM 01-04-2018
Originally Posted by fahrenheit:
As good as Udoke has been, he's a terrible rebounder. I can't count how many times he's waiting for someone else to go get the ball and it's right in front of him. He just doesn't have that instinct for a big guy. Every so often you'll see him fight (probably after having someone get in his ass and remind him), but then he goes back to his normal self.

With him being the only legit big, it doesn't bode well for the teams overall rebounding prospects.
Yep, didnt think we'd miss Landon Lucas, but boy was I wrong!
:-)
[Reply]
Pants 09:51 PM 01-04-2018
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
I don't understand someone not understanding it.
Unsurprisingly, I am not surprised by your take.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:00 PM 01-04-2018
I would trade the streak for a National Championship in a heartbeat.

I have a feeling we'll end up settling for neither, though.
[Reply]
Pants 10:18 PM 01-04-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I would trade the streak for a National Championship in a heartbeat.

I have a feeling we'll end up settling for neither, though.
You can always get a Natty after you get the streak. Why settle when you could potentially have both?

I agree, though, it's not looking good for #14 in a row, though.
[Reply]
cmh6476 09:28 AM 01-05-2018
negative nancies
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:46 PM 01-06-2018
KU collapsing badly in this road on the road at TCU Chiefs-style. Such a dreadfully soft team this year, so it's fairly expected.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:55 PM 01-06-2018
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
KU collapsing badly in this road on the road at TCU Chiefs-style. Such a dreadfully soft team this year, so it's fairly expected.
At least Lightfoot is doing SOMETHING. And there is some defensive intensity tonight.
[Reply]
Page 53 of 293
« First < 3434950515253 5455565763103153 > Last »
Up