ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2149 of 3903
« First < 1149164920492099213921452146214721482149 215021512152215321592199224926493149 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 01:29 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
Well, would it be safe to assume that "gray area" is the same as saying there's a "CHANCE" wearing a mask can help then? If that's the case and you agree with that, I think it's self-evident the choice to not wear a mask is potentially harmful and very selfish.

You're not perpetually asymptomatic. That's not how the virus works. There's a chance you may have it and not know for a while. That being the case, you just wear a mask to be on the safe side. It's that simple, pete.
Until when? You guys and this selfish kick are cracking me up because we had thousands and thousands of people, including children dying every year from the flu and I will lay $'s to donuts that not only did you not wear a mask, I bet you were going to work knowing you had something only to spread it to others.

Enter corona virus and suddenly everyone now cares......
[Reply]
Lzen 01:29 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I pre-ordered some Chiefs masks the other day from Fanatics so I can look even cooler

I saw those, too but I thought they looked too much like a bikini on your face. :-)
[Reply]
mr. tegu 01:29 PM 05-21-2020
Despite what is said about surface transmission I’m still putting a glove on to touch the card pad in stores. I sanitized my hands after touching those all the time anyways in the past.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:30 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
32k posts in, and some are still comparing this to the ****ing flu.
So it's okay to spread the flu because what? Not as many people die? Or you just don't give a fuck if people die from the flu?
[Reply]
SAUTO 01:30 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
And there you go. The masks people wear have gaps and your eyes and ears are still exposed. As in the article I posted plus others and you most likely already know, the virus will find the path of least resistance. All the mask does is buy you an additional though minimal amount of time you can be close and talking with someone. That's about it. It doesn't prevent the virus from getting in the air. It doesn't protect your eyes or ears either.

To me it just seems that while it does provide an minimal amount of protection it is largely a psychological security.

I have a tendency to get very sore ears when I get sick, especially when I get a cold. I had doctors tell me throughout my life that my ears are the culprit and to make sure I don't over-clean then in the cold\flu season.

Point is, your mouth and nose are not the only ways to get the virus. And even with these masks people are wearing they are still not protecting your mouth and nose like you think. I have read article after article and heard doctor after doctor state just that as well.
your mouth and nose suck air and droplets in from around them and then dispel that air and those droplets back out for others to inhale.

when did your eyes and ears do that?

if you cant see the difference and why the odds would be greater of contracting it one way than the other then im not sure what to tell you
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 01:30 PM 05-21-2020
I’m wondering if the asymptomatic people walking around with N95 masks are getting as much hate as those with no masks. The CDC specifically states to save the N95 masks for those who needed it but a bunch of neurotic idiots went out and bought them off the shelves anyways. I know BWillie posted in another thread that he thinks N95’s should be mandatory for everyone. Are these kinds people getting the equal share of the blame keeping them out of the hands of front line workers? Both the over-reactors and the under-reactors should feel ashamed of themselves at this point.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:30 PM 05-21-2020
32k posts in, and some are still comparing this to the fucking flu.
You should have breathed on a few of them, they'd have shutup.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 01:30 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by Lzen:
It is possible to feel a little nervous that the govt is encroaching on our rights but at the same time feel that some of this has been necessary, at least at first. I have seen some people criticizing our KS governor. I don't always agree with the way she has handled things during this but, I think she's doing the best she can.

But I hope you're right in that someday we'll look back and laugh and wonder why we reacted to things the way we did.
I hope so too. As Gottlieb (I think) said early on, if the measures we're taking to fight the coronavirus work, they'll look excessive later on.

Personally I'd prefer that over the alternative.
[Reply]
TLO 01:31 PM 05-21-2020
32k posts in, and some are still comparing this to the ****ing flu.
I think there was a paper/article from Stanford comparing it to the flu. Was posted by someone last night, but it didn't get a lot of attention from what I saw.
[Reply]
Lzen 01:33 PM 05-21-2020
No shit there. We're arguably the dumbest developed nation in the world.
:-)

You don't think this stuff goes on in every other country? :-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:33 PM 05-21-2020
Seeing the masks in some places is kind of funny. I was at the dispensary this morning and the staff looked like a hippie al qeada.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 01:34 PM 05-21-2020
So it's okay to spread the flu because what? Not as many people die? Or you just don't give a fuck if people die from the flu?
Pick a side, pete.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:34 PM 05-21-2020
No shit there. We're arguably the dumbest developed nation in the world.
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Pretty much.
I mean, of course with the exception of your two fine fellows, I assume. . . .
[Reply]
Lzen 01:34 PM 05-21-2020
So then you will wear a mask until you die? Your choice, obviously. Let me ask you this though, before this, how often did you wear a mask so say an elderly person at the store wouldn't catch your cold or flu?
I will continue wearing one for a while. I can't say for how long, exactly. Certainly not the rest of my life as the one person suggested. At some point, this will go away or be minimized or herd immunity will have taken hold.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:35 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by Lzen:
:-)

You don't think this stuff goes on in every other country? :-)
It's really hard to argue that we aren't a nation filled to the brim with complete idiots.
[Reply]
Page 2149 of 3903
« First < 1149164920492099213921452146214721482149 215021512152215321592199224926493149 > Last »
Up