ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 66
« First < 202627282930 3132333440 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tyreek Hill injury updates.
Hammock Parties 12:52 PM 09-08-2019
Someone just told me Tyreek Hill could be out 6-8 weeks.

This is the same source that told me he would receive 0 games 20 minutes before the national media broke it.

Take it for what it's worth.

EDIT: IT WAS WORTH NOTHING

Here is an explanation from the #Chiefs on WR Tyreek Hill, who was taken to a local hospital. pic.twitter.com/gxcl2nqFu0

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) September 8, 2019

Per source, no surgery for Tyreek Hill but he will miss a couple of weeks.

— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) September 8, 2019

Confirmed, per source, Chiefs WR Tyreek Hill had a posterior SC (sternoclavicular) dislocation which was successfully reduced in the hospital. No surgery required. He will stay overnight.

— Stephania Bell (@Stephania_ESPN) September 8, 2019

[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 03:49 PM 09-09-2019
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I bet he's out 3 weeks at most. Dudes a beast.
This is what I've felt all along tbh. He'll be back by the Colts game hopefully.
[Reply]
BossChief 03:55 PM 09-09-2019
Texans game.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 04:38 PM 09-09-2019
If he’s gonna miss the game vs. BAL, no point in rushing him back for Detroit IMO. Gotta be able to win that one without him.
[Reply]
FAX 04:58 PM 09-09-2019
LOL ... now people are expecting Tyreek to return in 2 or 3 weeks. After having his clavicle shoved down behind his sternum and having it pulled back out.

I'm only a doctor on this site, but I believe something like that is going to leave a mark.

Let him come back when he's damn good and ready and not a minute before.

FAX
[Reply]
thecoffeeguy 05:02 PM 09-09-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
LOL ... now people are expecting Tyreek to return in 2 or 3 weeks. After having his clavicle shoved down behind his sternum and having it pulled back out.

I'm only a doctor on this site, but I believe something like that is going to leave a mark.

Let him come back when he's damn good and ready and not a minute before.

FAX
I work in orthopedics. I have seen this injury before (trauma ER) and people have died from this due to the arteries in that area that can be severed. It is nothing to blow off.

I'd bring him back slowly to prevent further aggravating the injury.
He may be tough as nails, but what happens if he takes another hit in that same area?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 05:06 PM 09-09-2019
Originally Posted by thecoffeeguy:
I work in orthopedics. I have seen this injury before (trauma ER) and people have died from this due to the arteries in that area that can be severed. It is nothing to blow off.

He may be tough as nails, but what happens if he takes another hit in that same area?
Since you have more actual knowledge than most, what is the possibility of reinjuring it?

Once it’s healed, is he more prone to a similar injury?

Is this a sign of things to come? Or just a freak injury?
[Reply]
TambaBerry 05:08 PM 09-09-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Since you have more actual knowledge than most, what is the possibility of reinjuring it?

I'd imagine it's like anything else once it's healed it's healed
[Reply]
FAX 05:11 PM 09-09-2019
Originally Posted by thecoffeeguy:

Logic would dictate that the injury would naturally lead to some initial weakness in that area that has to resolve (hopefully).

I'm not sure what kind of additional padding or protection a guy could wear in order to prevent additional trauma to the collarbone ... you can protect the sternum a little more, maybe.

I suppose that the main idea would be to try and avoid putting him in high-risk situations (for example, when a safety is bearing down on him from at 100 mph). Tough to do in the heat of battle and you know Tyreek will want his and won't back down.

FAX
[Reply]
smithandrew051 05:13 PM 09-09-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
Logic would dictate that the injury would naturally lead to some initial weakness in that area that has to resolve (hopefully).

I'm not sure what kind of additional padding or protection a guy could wear in order to prevent additional trauma to the collarbone ... you can protect the sternum a little more, maybe.

I suppose that the main idea would be to try and avoid putting him in high-risk situations (for example, when a safety is bearing down on him from at 100 mph). Tough to do in the heat of battle and you know Tyreek will want his and won't back down.

FAX
His days as a punt returner need to be over
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:14 PM 09-09-2019
His days as a punt returner need to be over
No more handoffs either.

Leave that shit to Sonic.
[Reply]
thecoffeeguy 05:15 PM 09-09-2019

Really depends as I do not have the full report. I will say that the fact he did not have surgery is a very good thing.

I will give you an example. When this type of injury comes into the ER, not only are the orthopedic surgeons involved (my side of what I work on) but we also bring in the cardiovascular surgeons as well. I think I read that the trauma team at the hospital in Jacksonville did have both sets of teams when he came in. That is due to all the arteries (very important arteries I might add) in that same area. What happens in the really bad scenarios, people can actually bleed out if you are not able to get in fast enough and close the artery or arteries that have been severed. I would venture to guess they kept him in the hospital overnight as precaution to make sure there was no bleeding.

Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
I'd imagine it's like anything else once it's healed it's healed
For the most part yes. The very critical part is letting the body heal. I would imagine the coaching staff is thinking about the same thing. What if he takes a hard shot in that area, or even comes down on it again.

If they don't rush him back, he should recover just fine.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:20 PM 09-09-2019
JFC

Cheetah could have died.

Fucking Ramsey.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 05:32 PM 09-09-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
JFC

Cheetah could have died.

Fucking Ramsey.
And millions would have celebrated.

Thanks, Crystal and Brooke.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 05:37 PM 09-09-2019
What do y’all think happens to our offensive production if he’s out for say, 4 games?

I think if we’re a 35 PPG team with him, that could drop close to 30. Probably won’t though cause our schedule isn’t strong mostly for the next month.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:38 PM 09-09-2019
it won't change at all

Mahomes gonna Mahomes

we're just gonna Mahomes slower
[Reply]
Page 30 of 66
« First < 202627282930 3132333440 > Last »
Up