ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3062 of 3903
« First < 2062256229623012305230583059306030613062 30633064306530663072311231623562 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 02:26 PM 10-31-2020
Originally Posted by 2112:
Feel better dude! The hardest part is trying to self isolate in a house full of family members. I got it 2 1/2 weeks ago, no fever just slept day and night for the first 3 days. Lost taste and smell which is annoying as hell. I could taste green tea and won tong soup but I couldn’t taste or smell coffee. I lost 12lbs. Today I tasted my coffee for the first time in weeks. When you feel a little better try eating spicy stuff. It seems to have expedited my taste and smell. I’ve been eating wasabi peas and el yucateco green habanero sauce and I think it’s been helping with the taste and smell.

Good luck to you and your family
Thanks. I actually seem like I am starting to get some smell and taste back. Not 100% by any means but better than it has been in days.
[Reply]
TLO 02:54 PM 10-31-2020
Europe is shutting down again. People are going to revolt like never before.
[Reply]
O.city 02:57 PM 10-31-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Europe is shutting down again. People are going to revolt like never before.
Probably so

Which could exacerbate it even more. I dunno what the hell is gonna happen now.
[Reply]
TLO 03:01 PM 10-31-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Probably so

Which could exacerbate it even more. I dunno what the hell is gonna happen now.
Yep.
[Reply]
O.city 03:04 PM 10-31-2020
We can’t and won’t lock back down here unless it just completely goes off the rails. So that’s probably a good thing atleast

But we’ve kinda squandered time and political will with things that don’t really help sadly I think.

We’ll see what happens
[Reply]
petegz28 03:15 PM 10-31-2020
We can’t and won’t lock back down here unless it just completely goes off the rails. So that’s probably a good thing atleast

But we’ve kinda squandered time and political will with things that don’t really help sadly I think.

We’ll see what happens
At some point you have to ask what else can be done? Short of locking people in their homes it isn't a lot.
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:24 PM 10-31-2020

We’ll see what happens
It all just comes down to the hospitals. They have triage plans in place to turn a lot of people away I'm sure.
[Reply]
O.city 03:33 PM 10-31-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
At some point you have to ask what else can be done? Short of locking people in their homes it isn't a lot.
We know what to do to slow it down. Distancing, ventilation, hand hygiene, masking all stacked together.

People were inevitably going to tire from it and apathy would set it. Paired with economic despair and it being a highly polarized election year, we were just in a shit situation.

So at this point just gotta hope the hospitals hold up and we get vaccines soon
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 03:42 PM 10-31-2020
How are the countrys that already started giving out vaccines doing?
[Reply]
O.city 03:51 PM 10-31-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
How are the countrys that already started giving out vaccines doing?
Last I saw it was russia and China and I don’t think we have the best depiction of what’s happening in those countries especially China so who knows.

It’ll just take so dang long to innoculate the people who even want it is the problem I’ve read we may have in the future
[Reply]
petegz28 04:10 PM 10-31-2020
We know what to do to slow it down. Distancing, ventilation, hand hygiene, masking all stacked together.

People were inevitably going to tire from it and apathy would set it. Paired with economic despair and it being a highly polarized election year, we were just in a shit situation.

So at this point just gotta hope the hospitals hold up and we get vaccines soon
I gotta say the vaccine needs to hurry. I have no idea where I got it from as I wear a mask just like everyone else. Gym and a restaurant are the only places I have been where my mask has come off. When I have been at the gym I wasn't really close to anyone else and same at the restaurant.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:12 PM 10-31-2020
Last I saw it was russia and China and I don’t think we have the best depiction of what’s happening in those countries especially China so who knows.

It’ll just take so dang long to innoculate the people who even want it is the problem I’ve read we may have in the future
I think you have to look at it is a mandatory deal for care facilities. Front line workers perhaps but not sure you can force that. Kids I think are relatively safe and I wouldn't want to give mine the vaccine for a few years anyway to be honest.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:16 PM 10-31-2020
I will say this, the mental aspect of all of this is not something to be taken lightly or overlooked. Aside from being sick and luckily not severely, I am making out easier than my Son for instance. The amount of quarantine time and what that means to him is actually more than it is for me. Thankfully he is only 7 but move that to someone who is in their teens and such and I can very well see the mental toll this can take.

Not being able to go to school
Not being able to see your friends
Not being able to participate in anything

And for up to 24 days every time you are "exposed" to someone who tests positive.
[Reply]
Monticore 04:29 PM 10-31-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I gotta say the vaccine needs to hurry. I have no idea where I got it from as I wear a mask just like everyone else. Gym and a restaurant are the only places I have been where my mask has come off. When I have been at the gym I wasn't really close to anyone else and same at the restaurant.
It’s airborne and can linger in the air for a while so even if you distance yourself, if you are indoors your odds go way up.
[Reply]
TLO 05:14 PM 10-31-2020
I'm hearing of a pending EUA for a treatment coming in the next couple of days.

Not 100% sure what it is, but I'm guessing REGENERON.

Would actually be happy if I'm wrong. Something else coming out of nowhere would be welcome.
[Reply]
Page 3062 of 3903
« First < 2062256229623012305230583059306030613062 30633064306530663072311231623562 > Last »
Up