ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2990 of 3903
« First < 1990249028902940298029862987298829892990 29912992299329943000304030903490 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
O.city 04:12 PM 09-26-2020
https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/10/20-2211_article

Here’s a small study about it from back in June
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 04:18 PM 09-26-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
No, cases/infections is where it all starts. This has been covered and explained before, which in and of itself is stunning that it has to be.

No infections, no getting sick. No getting sick, no going to the hospital. And so on.

We've now seen what happens when those "don't mean jack shit" cases rise, twice. As they increase, an increase in deaths follows. Thankfully, last time, deaths weren't as bad as the first increase in cases in March/April.

I understand you don't like that cases appear to be increasing (neither do I), but to say that they mean nothing is either ignorance or lying.
You Don't get it. This shit isn't going away any time soon. Thankfully most of the time people barely woyld know they have it. Fuck cases..
[Reply]
O.city 04:21 PM 09-26-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
You Don't get it. This shit isn't going away any time soon. Thankfully most of the time people barely woyld know they have it. **** cases..
That’s all well and good until it gets into a group of people who do know they have it.

So yeah, cases matter.
[Reply]
Donger 04:48 PM 09-26-2020
You Don't get it. This shit isn't going away any time soon. Thankfully most of the time people barely woyld know they have it. **** cases..
I get it just fine, unfortunately. I realize that it's not going away. It seems to be accelerating.

But yes, **** cases. They suck, I agree. But they don't mean "jack shit" at all, despite you wanting that to be the case (intended). 200,000 are already dead from those "jack shit" cases.
[Reply]
O.city 05:04 PM 09-26-2020
Looks like we’re about thru the end of the first wave as it’s lastly hitting the Midwest

Wave #2 could be starting in the northeast as their cases are increasing
[Reply]
petegz28 05:29 PM 09-26-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
That’s all well and good until it gets into a group of people who do know they have it.

So yeah, cases matter.
I know you have had a rough go of it and I really do feel for you. I mean that sincerely. Odds go out the door when it's someone you know, I get it. But we have to stay objective in the long run and the data is still the data. I hate saying that because I know how it comes across.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
O.city 05:50 PM 09-26-2020
Rural MO is getting crushed with this and that’s what’s causing our high hospital numbers here in Greene county.

Unhealthy and obese isn’t a good combo and you throw on lack of access to Healthcare and lack of any mitigation measures and it’s just devastating. They had a youth singing revival at a church in the town I grew up a few weeks ago. They’ve traced back 24 cases on the town from that event.

Not going well down there
[Reply]
O.city 05:52 PM 09-26-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I know you have had a rough go of it and I really do feel for you. I mean that sincerely. Odds go out the door when it's someone you know, I get it. But we have to stay objective in the long run and the data is still the data. I hate saying that because I know how it comes across.

Stats are stats.

Objectively, if you’re over 60ish and contract this it’s not a good situation and there’s a fuck load of people in that situation
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:41 PM 09-26-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:

The high population of this country makes it easy for the fear mongering to get to people with these "numbers" The percentages don't lie that most won't even be effected.
[Reply]
O.city 08:00 PM 09-26-2020
What are the “percentages” of those with underlying conditions?

It’s a bad deal for a lot of people. It’s not hard to take it serious and do things that will help us get thru faster and safer while also allowing businesses and such to move forward.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:01 PM 09-26-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
More and more information coming out about Vitamin D and its benifits when it comes to covid.
I can't figure out why this isn't emphasized more.

https://www.bostonherald.com/2020/09...jL_UZQ9Hn4Vvbs
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:27 PM 09-26-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
It sucks those people are putting their health in the hands of someone who thinks this virus infects only old people with shitty immune systems.
The data is the data... It can infect anyone, but those that have compromised immune systems and/or are older are much more at risk from dying... To shut down schools and colleges for this is much more harmful. I have two colleagues whose kids, one in their mid teens and one in college committed suicide and the parents believe it is due to them no physically going to school.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:06 PM 09-26-2020
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
The data is the data... It can infect anyone, but those that have compromised immune systems and/or are older are much more at risk from dying... To shut down schools and colleges for this is much more harmful. I have two colleagues whose kids, one in their mid teens and one in college committed suicide and the parents believe it is due to them no physically going to school.

Yup. Too much personal bias. The effects of shutting down have been disastrous as well. Something that will have a long term financial and mental health effect.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:08 PM 09-26-2020
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
If they committed suicide because of one semester of not being able to physically go to school they probably weren't going to do very well in real life.

Many humans around the globe face much much tougher challenges than having to zoom for a year of school. Yet somehow they cope.

The fear of course is the college kids coming back home with it and killing their parents or grandparents.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:10 PM 09-26-2020
Yup. Too much personal bias. The effects of shutting down have been disastrous as well. Something that will have a long term financial and mental health effect.
Personal bias - you mean like just deciding that the mental health effect somehow trumps the very real observed effect of the virus killing people - because you know it in your bones?

I mean are American kids really that unbalanced that a little bit of temporary hardship and sacrifice sends them into suicide? If so we have much bigger problems than the virus imo.
[Reply]
Page 2990 of 3903
« First < 1990249028902940298029862987298829892990 29912992299329943000304030903490 > Last »
Up