ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2985 of 3903
« First < 1985248528852935297529812982298329842985 29862987298829892995303530853485 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
O.city 07:57 AM 09-25-2020
Now they're putting my uncle on a vent today.

Fuck this year just keeps going worse
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 07:59 AM 09-25-2020
I'm so sorry, man. So sorry.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:33 AM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:

**** this year just keeps going worse
Sorry to hear...you're having a bit of a rough go....
[Reply]
O.city 08:56 AM 09-25-2020
Yeah, it's been pretty rough.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 09:03 AM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:

**** this year just keeps going worse
I am so sorry to hear. We have lost 3 extended family members to this mess.

The sad part, I feel people are letting their guard down as if it is going away...it's still here people.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:17 AM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
I am so sorry to hear. We have lost 3 extended family members to this mess.

The sad part, I feel people are letting their guard down as if it is going away...it's still here people.
Look at this thread. Half of people want to pretend it’s not here and that we should be doing nothing.

Sorry to hear from both of you.
[Reply]
O.city 09:19 AM 09-25-2020
Yeah, rural MO doesn't seem to be doing much about it. It's hitting hard here now.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:25 AM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Look at this thread. Half of people want to pretend it’s not here and that we should be doing nothing.

Sorry to hear from both of you.
This is dishonest Lew, I have not seen anyone advocate for doing "nothing", let alone "half the people".
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:40 AM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
This is dishonest Lew, I have not seen anyone advocate for doing "nothing", let alone "half the people".
What do you think it implies when multiple posters run in here breathlessly repeating "ZOMG only 6% actually died of covid!"? It's the flimsiest, most nonsense talking point imaginable. Yet stuff like that makes an appearance itt every time it comes out.

Some of you want it both ways - you want to be able to downplay it and sneer at the official numbers as some big plot, but then retreat to "well I didn't say do nothing". Others just claim hoax from the beginning.

The only reason it's not half the posters itt is because they got kicked out of the thread en masse for politarding. Go look at the threads in DC if you you want to see half the people implying, if not outright saying, that covid is basically a big hoax.
[Reply]
Redbled 09:53 AM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
What do you think it implies when multiple posters run in here breathlessly repeating "ZOMG only 6% actually died of covid!"? It's the flimsiest, most nonsense talking point imaginable. Yet stuff like that makes an appearance itt every time it comes out.

Some of you want it both ways - you want to be able to downplay it and sneer at the official numbers as some big plot, but then retreat to "well I didn't say do nothing". Others just claim hoax from the beginning.

The only reason it's not half the posters itt is because they got kicked out of the thread en masse for politarding. Go look at the threads in DC if you you want to see half the people implying, if not outright saying, that covid is basically a big hoax.
As a conservative Christian I’m embarrassed by how many people who share common values with me have downplayed this virus. They missed the memo about selflessness and doing for others. I’m an Athletic Director at a high school and we had to cancel several volleyball games because they refused to mask their fans. Only Christian schools so far.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:57 AM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

Nobody is advocating for doing "nothing". Period. You can address the actual comment or you can make up your own narrative I guess.

You aren't being honest in your statements anymore than Lew was.

Bringing in opinions from people back in Feb and March is extremely disingenuous to the current conversation and you know it.

The focus should be on vulnerable people that need to be protected. That's not doing "nothing".

And you guys that keep acting like this is all settled science from how we have approached mitigation whether right or wrong are not being truthful either. Its a shit ton of opinion and it constantly changes.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:02 AM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by Redbled:
As a conservative Christian I’m embarrassed by how many people who share common values with me have downplayed this virus. They missed the memo about selflessness and doing for others. I’m an Athletic Director at a high school and we had to cancel several volleyball games because they refused to mask their fans. Only Christian schools so far.
9 Though I am free and belong to no one, I have made myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. 20 To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. 21 To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God’s law but am under Christ’s law), so as to win those not having the law. 22 To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some. 23 I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings.
[Reply]
O.city 10:11 AM 09-25-2020
Yeah, there's been alot of empathy lacking for those less fortunate.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:20 AM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Nobody is advocating for doing "nothing". Period. You can address the actual comment or you can make up your own narrative I guess.

You aren't being honest in your statements anymore than Lew was.

Bringing in opinions from people back in Feb and March is extremely disingenuous to the current conversation and you know it.

The focus should be on vulnerable people that need to be protected. That's not doing "nothing".

And you guys that keep acting like this is all settled science from how we have approached mitigation whether right or wrong are not being truthful either. Its a shit ton of opinion and it constantly changes.
The 6% thing making the rounds was just a couple of weeks ago. It showed up in this thread multiple times. We had to waste energy debunking something that should have been obvious to a reasonably intelligent 3rd-grader: if you have lived with diabetes for decades, and then die of covid, you did not die from diabetes. You died from covid.

Please point me to the posts where you spent time debunking this nonsense, as many of us did, and I'll take your claims more seriously that you're just seeking the truth.

I've spent plenty of energy itt debunking wild claims both the covid hoax side and the covid catastrophe side (IE -78% have permanent heart damage) - as have O.City, TLO, Lewdog, Hamas, donger and a bunch more I'm forgetting. We literally just want to figure this thing out.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:24 AM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Yes. Nasal swab.
Like Nares depth or Nasopharangeal depth lol. I wonder where you go to do the spit test like all the players are doing.
[Reply]
Page 2985 of 3903
« First < 1985248528852935297529812982298329842985 29862987298829892995303530853485 > Last »
Up