ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2008 of 3903
« First < 1008150819081958199820042005200620072008 200920102011201220182058210825083008 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
wazu 01:24 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I'm not surprised that it's a possibility, but it's odd that they'd say that it will likely happen when we're 2-3 months out from that. A lot can change between now and then.
It's the most merciful thing they could have done. Now people know to just move the hell away. California is closed indefinitely.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:27 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
As Phoenix starts to re-open, bars and restaurants are not going to pay entertainers or at best at 1/2 price (for a full set). On record saying entertainers should do it for the love of entertaining and to secure future gigs by helping them out now.

And many will do it. But by playing for free, they are contributing to the demise of a situation that was already an issue (in a cutthroat community) and is now going to be a bigger one. As hard as the fight has been to get paid, this has blown that all up.
Owners will just reduce the amount they pay for performers, which is already ridiculously low. Plus, once you perform for half price or a third of the price, that's your worth. Why would anyone else pay more down the line?

I'd advise anyone and everyone to stop this Race To The Bottom.
[Reply]
tk13 01:27 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Add on to this, what are you going to do with a total economic collapse in LA County?

Exactly how are you going to mitigate that? Virus wont look like shit in some area's compared to the economic destruction
Yeah this is being overdramatic. You certainly don't think New York's economy is really doing great right now. If you become a hotspot, you're toast.
[Reply]
Bwana 01:27 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
LA County 'with all certainty' extending stay at home order through JULY per the LA Times.

Breaking: Los Angeles County’s stay-at-home orders will “with all certainty” be extended for the next three months, Los Angeles County Public Health Director Barbara Ferrer acknowledged during a Board of Supervisors meeting on Tuesday https://t.co/jswRcZ5FkS
— Los Angeles Times (@latimes) May 12, 2020
Wow, things are going to get ugly.
[Reply]
O.city 01:29 PM 05-12-2020
That's just crazy though.

If I were an official I wouldn't ever put a date on it. If you hit that date and have to extend, you're gonna get shit on.
[Reply]
wazu 01:30 PM 05-12-2020
If the virus ceased to exist today, and all victims were miraculously healed, things would still get incredibly ugly. Too much damage already done. At every level our society should be desperately seeking ways to reopen every possible industry as fast as humanly possible.
[Reply]
Bwana 01:32 PM 05-12-2020
So depressing. I'm a single guy at home alone. It's killing me and am noticing my mental health is deteriorating.
Dude, you need to go do something and GTFO of the house. If nothing else, grab one of your guns, go out to the middle of nowhere and target practice. I'm itching to get out atving, but it keeps snowing in the foothills. We had sleet here in town just yesterday. :-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:32 PM 05-12-2020
It's a strange decision, IMO, because the mayor just opened up the parks and trails.

People will be out in droves this weekend making this difficult to enforce for another 11 weeks.
[Reply]
SAUTO 01:32 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
If the virus ceased to exist today, and all victims were miraculously healed, things would still get incredibly ugly. .
im going to disagree here.

not much would change from before all this IMO
[Reply]
Bwana 01:34 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
It's a strange decision, IMO, because the mayor just opened up the parks and trails.

People will be out in droves this weekend making this difficult to enforce for another 11 weeks.
See that's exactly the way I see it, at some point, people are going to get tired of it and say screw this.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:35 PM 05-12-2020
See that's exactly the way I see it, at some point, people are going to get tired of it and say screw this.
As they should.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 01:37 PM 05-12-2020
I can see that as Tempe is ASUtown. But in my neighborhood, I drove by a bar in my neighborhood and it was packed too. Peeked in the window, NO ONE had a facemask on.

I'm sitting out for a bit longer. AZ cases are rising faster now.
Yeah, I was originally thinking I'd be back in PHX by the end of the month.

Not anymore.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:37 PM 05-12-2020
Yup,

Civil Disobedience will see major uptick, god help us if shots are fired.

In some places the militia's are already being activated (Great..........)

THIS, will turn into a serious cluster fuck.
[Reply]
tk13 01:38 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
If the virus ceased to exist today, and all victims were miraculously healed, things would still get incredibly ugly. Too much damage already done. At every level our society should be desperately seeking ways to reopen every possible industry as fast as humanly possible.
It ain't some magic secret. Testing. Smart people were saying this in March. It's testing, testing, testing.

Yeah it's tough deal and we're a big country and that's not going to be easy for sure, but making excuses isn't going to save you. This is the only way out. We have to be full speed ahead creating millions of tests. We should have been doing it in January or February. Instead, we're still bickering about it. And no one has come up with a good alternative other than just saying screw it and throw caution to the wind. All that fury at every level of society that you talk about should have been working toward testing.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 01:40 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
It ain't some magic secret. Testing. Smart people were saying this in March. It's testing, testing, testing.

Yeah it's tough deal and we're a big country and that's not going to be easy for sure, but making excuses isn't going to save you. This is the only way out. We have to be full speed ahead creating millions of tests. We should have been doing it in January or February. Instead, we're still bickering about it. And no one has come up with a good alternative other than just saying screw it and throw caution to the wind. All that fury at every level of society that you talk about should have been working toward testing.
This.
[Reply]
Page 2008 of 3903
« First < 1008150819081958199820042005200620072008 200920102011201220182058210825083008 > Last »
Up