ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1981 of 3903
« First < 981148118811931197119771978197919801981 198219831984198519912031208124812981 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Mecca 11:54 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Ebolapox:
well jeez, maybe if we'd socially distanced and taken measures less than 100k would've died. you're cool with that many americans dead so we could get woodstock (not at all a success other than culturally mostly by people who weren't there--most who were there were miserable) and the moon landing (quick check: most watched from home. on tv. we could do that now both technologically AND with social distancing).

cool. 100k died in 1968-69. let's not socially distance so the 80k TOTAL IN LESS THAN FIVE MONTHS (you know, 1968-1969, 100k deaths... more than 24 months. 5 months 80k is way more dangerous, in case your logic board failed) can increase.

totally cool. this is fine.
If it had been taken seriously in January instead of March we'd likely be done with this already and have way better numbers...but hey you wait around and you fuck up.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:55 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
We can’t make exceptions for those kinds of jobs and just deal with the consequences? If the rest of the population is still doing that, I don’t see how we can’t.

I am talking about the players. You can't social distance in the NBA or NFL and the player's union would have to agree to it.

Also you could have certain state governments that may prohibit such activities until it is safe.

So I wouldn't get my hopes up unless this virus just dies out here in the summer.
[Reply]
Donger 11:56 AM 05-11-2020
I’m not cherry picking anything. Everybody I see saying no football/sports is saying we have to wait on a vaccine. That’s literally all I’m seeing.

You didn’t answer my question.

Other than waiting on a vaccine, why else would we still be hiding inside months from now?
Which makes more sense:

1) Opening up when new cases are increasing.

2) Opening up when new cases are decreasing.
[Reply]
Donger 11:57 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I still feel the biggest issue we have is we can't just pick something and do it, we have a population that has a huge number of people that will always be difficult no matter what is going on.

We're also a society that has a complete lack of patience, instant gratification that has been trained over the last 10 or so years has caused all that and with something like this having patience is needed.
tl;dr
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:58 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
If it had been taken seriously in January instead of March we'd likely be done with this already and have way better numbers...but hey you wait around and you fuck up.

January? You mean when we were told there was no evidence of human to human transmission? We needed information last year, way before we got it, to do anything about it to prevent this.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:58 AM 05-11-2020
At this point I hope we don't see spikes in numbers where things are opening up, if we do that leads to 1 of 2 decisions and they both suck ass...

1. Another prolonged lockdown

2. Fuck it, if people die they die.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:58 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
January? You mean when we were told there was no evidence of human to human transmission? We needed information last year, way before we got it, to do anything about it to prevent this.
Just simply saying we we're late to the party and treated it as laughable and this is the result we got for it.
[Reply]
Monticore 11:59 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I am talking about the players. You can't social distance in the NBA or NFL and the player's union would have to agree to it.

Also you could have certain state governments that may prohibit such activities until it is safe.

So I wouldn't get my hopes up unless this virus just dies out here in the summer.
NFL has a lot of 300+ lbs dudes that could be considered high risk as well.
[Reply]
Donger 11:59 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
We should have locked down when it was confirmed we had community spread here.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:00 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Which makes more sense:

1) Opening up when new cases are increasing.

2) Opening up when new cases are decreasing.
Umm I don’t see what this has to do with what I’m asking.

I’m not talking about now.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:00 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
NFL has a lot of 300+ lbs dudes that could be considered high risk as well.
The NFL has a ton of dudes with sleep apnea something tells me they'd be high risk.
[Reply]
TLO 12:01 PM 05-11-2020
The numbers on Worldomoters seem very off.
[Reply]
Donger 12:01 PM 05-11-2020
Umm I don’t see what this has to do with what I’m asking.

I’m not talking about now.
You seem to be a proponent of opening everything up now. Is that not correct?
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 12:01 PM 05-11-2020
I’m not cherry picking anything. Literally anybody I see saying no football/sports is saying we have to wait on a vaccine. That’s literally all I’m seeing.

You didn’t answer my question.

Other than waiting on a vaccine, why else would we still be hiding inside months from now?
1)You seem to be conflating a lack of the NFL with hiding inside. They are not synonomous.

2) Peter King is not an epidemiologist, nor is Albert Breer, or anyone at the NFL Network, ESPN, or WHB that I'm aware of.

3) No one in public health has said that we need to hide inside until there is a vaccine. What has been said quite often by people who have argued against public health measures is that those that wanted a shutdown think we need a full shutdown until the vaccine. It's a dishonest, bad faith argument made by those that have consistently underplayed the seriousness of the virus to make those urging for a more serious approach look like fearmongers.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:01 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
The numbers on Worldomoters seem very off.
It was just mothers day weekend so I assume that has some kind of effect.
[Reply]
Page 1981 of 3903
« First < 981148118811931197119771978197919801981 198219831984198519912031208124812981 > Last »
Up