ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1890 of 3903
« First < 890139017901840188018861887188818891890 189118921893189419001940199023902890 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Donger 02:46 PM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
No shock that you are ignorant as to the standard language in most anti-mask laws...

Keywords: “Any portion of the face”

Let’s see you diagram a cloth facemask that complies with that requirement.
Wearing mask, hood, or other device on public way.—No person or persons over 16 years of age shall, while wearing any mask, hood, or device whereby any portion of the face is so hidden, concealed, or covered as to conceal the identity of the wearer, enter upon, or be or appear upon any lane, walk, alley, street, road, highway, or other public way in this state.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:47 PM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
You don't know the difference between entire facial coverage and wearing a mask over your nose and mouth?

Should I provide you a diagram?
It's not about 'knowing the difference.' It's about localities and bureaucracies keeping up with rapidly evolving metrics.

Businesses lobbied and obtained restrictions on face-covering on their premises, or imposed them individually, so they could rely on camera surveillance instead of having a heavy manpowered surveillance presence row by row and could avoid or mitigate an immediate enforcement presence for their premises.

And now, they have the same concerns they've always had, with the facecovering restrictions trumped [not the reference you think!!!!!!! the literal usage, please believe me] by the demands of dealing with the pandemic.

And, even though the supposed metric of face covering is the utilitarian efficacy of the covering, people are still trolling others and allowing themselves to be trolled by emotions attached to imagery from some forms of face covering.
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 02:47 PM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Which do you think is a greater risk to the public right now: banning all mask wearing in public or allowing people to wear a surgical mask in a bank?
So you are now advocating for the general public to get the same medical masks that are supposed to be preserved for health care workers?
[Reply]
Donger 02:48 PM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Prior to this what do you think would have happened if you walked into a bank with any kind of a mask on? My Wife works in banking so I know the answer.
I think the "prior to this" part is rather important.
[Reply]
lewdog 02:48 PM 05-05-2020
No shock that you are ignorant as to the standard language in most anti-mask laws...

Keywords: “Any portion of the face”

Let’s see you diagram a cloth facemask that complies with that requirement.
You’re right, COVID 19 has changed nothing in society currently.....

Banks are allowing you to wear surgical or cloth masks but can ask you to remove them if they’d like.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:50 PM 05-05-2020
So you are now advocating for the general public to get the same medical masks that are supposed to be preserved for health care workers?

[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:50 PM 05-05-2020
You do realize how obvious it is that you deflecting from the point at hand, right (while also ignoring the fact that you are conflating surgical masks and cloth masks with N95)?
[Reply]
Sorce 02:52 PM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:

not sure about the source post, but if this is true it does change things if there was community spread in December.
Late January I was sick with the symptoms, I assumed it was the Flu, another guy who sits close to me at work was out with similar symptoms.
[Reply]
lewdog 02:52 PM 05-05-2020
Does your mom allow you to wear your mask, when you come up from the basement, after she’s made you dinner every night?
[Reply]
Mecca 02:53 PM 05-05-2020
Does your mom allow you to wear your mask, when you come up from the basement, after she’s made you dinner every night?
He doesn't like the mask, it prevents proper snorting of cocaine.
[Reply]
petegz28 02:53 PM 05-05-2020
Which do you think is a greater risk to the public right now: banning all mask wearing in public or allowing people to wear a surgical mask in a bank?
That is not what I asked now is it?
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 02:55 PM 05-05-2020
You do realize how obvious it is that you deflecting from the point at hand, right (while also ignoring the fact that you are conflating surgical masks and cloth masks with N95)?
You might want to educate yourself regarding the exact wording in the CDC’s mask recommendation before you further humiliate yourself.

Link: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...coverings.html

Originally Posted by :
The cloth face coverings recommended are not surgical masks or N-95 respirators. Those are critical supplies that must continue be reserved for healthcare workers and other medical first responders, as recommended by current CDC guidance.

[Reply]
SAUTO 02:56 PM 05-05-2020
Looks like this Sunday, Monday, Tuesday cycle of number of deaths is going to almost mirror last week's
[Reply]
O.city 02:57 PM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by Sorce:
Late January I was sick with the symptoms, I assumed it was the Flu, another guy who sits close to me at work was out with similar symptoms.
If they were having community spread in France in December, why the hell didn't it blow up until March?
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 03:00 PM 05-05-2020
We are still waiting for that diagram you promised, showing a cloth mask that is in compliance with anti-mask laws that prohibit the covering of “any portion of the face”.
[Reply]
Page 1890 of 3903
« First < 890139017901840188018861887188818891890 189118921893189419001940199023902890 > Last »
Up