ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2091 of 4879
« First < 1091159119912041208120872088208920902091 209220932094209521012141219125913091 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 10:11 AM 09-24-2018
Originally Posted by TEX:
Seriously? Like we need "credit" from you? From a guy who is only hear, to try and validate to rival fans, how superior his team has been over the years? Typical... :-)
Oh you do... that's why you have such a hard on for the Donkeys.
[Reply]
TEX 10:16 AM 09-24-2018
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
You'll find issue with anything... believe in a prior post I called him 'badass'. Believe I used 'stellar' also. Sorry for not giving him his due with 'solid'.
Yea- but we all know you. It's not generally what you say, it's how you say it...:-)
[Reply]
TEX 10:20 AM 09-24-2018
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
Oh you do... that's why you have such a hard on for the Donkeys.
Not at all - "It's just football" remember?...Speaking of "hard ons" - You must have one for me, because you sure are trolling me. :-)
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 10:24 AM 09-24-2018
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
Broncos 14
Chiefs 42
At halftime.

52-39
[Reply]
TEX 10:24 AM 09-24-2018
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
It's easy to say 'it's just football' when your teams sucks and is losing a lot.

I bet all the Donko homers didn't think it was 'just football' when they were competing for Super Bowls every year with Manning.

But it's cool to be apathetic now . . . . . . . very convenient.
That's exactly the case. They're all here for a reason. Funny to see them rationalize now. :-)
[Reply]
TEX 10:25 AM 09-24-2018
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
Well, let's be honest here....someone has to make excuses for that terrible coach of theirs...that poor bastard can't get out of his own way..
Neither can their QB! :-)
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:50 AM 09-24-2018
Why is what he's saying "crazy talk?" You know that Elway was not all that great early on. In fact, stat wise, he was closer to average than good for roughly the first 10 years of his career - averaging only about 16 TD passes and 15 Int's and 3,000 yards. :-)

Stats wise, if Mahomes stays healthy, he's a lock to crush Elway during that same amount of time.

* See how stats can be deceiving??? A card that you often play...:-)
My comment is from a few points of view... mainly though, it's tough to compare eras and you'll definitely have a stats gap comparing 1980s passing offenses to those of today. All you need to do is look at Elway's numbers with Reeves and after Reeves. Reeves ran a bottled up tight ass offense. Want to know why Elway had all those 4th quarter comebacks - Reeves kept it close.

Stats wise, yes Mahomes can end up with the greatest season ever for a QB... let him define his own greatness, and I believe he is doing that.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:52 AM 09-24-2018
Yea- but we all know you. It's not generally what you say, it's how you say it...:-)
Well, some of that is true... we all have crutch words. One of mine when describing something as really good is 'strong'. There was no hidden agenda or jab when describing the badassery that is the ultimate future HOFer and slinger of the pigskin that will rewrite history books and win more rings than Brady... Mahomes. Can we just say that covers any possible slight I may directly or indirectly throw his way going forward?

:-)
[Reply]
TEX 11:00 AM 09-24-2018
My comment is from a few points of view... mainly though, it's tough to compare eras and you'll definitely have a stats gap comparing 1980s passing offenses to those of today. All you need to do is look at Elway's numbers with Reeves and after Reeves. Reeves ran a bottled up tight ass offense. Want to know why Elway had all those 4th quarter comebacks - Reeves kept it close.

Stats wise, yes Mahomes can end up with the greatest season ever for a QB... let him define his own greatness, and I believe he is doing that.
Oh - I totally agree. I was just jabbing you with stats. Kinda like, it's my turn now. :-) Everyone knows that Elway carried Reeves' teams and was one of the greatest QB's ever, certainly more than his early stats indicate. He had "IT." So does Mahomes, and Mahomes has what Elway didn't have early on, and that's Andy Reid. Seriously, if he stays healthy, the sky is the limit and KC can be contenders year end and year out.
[Reply]
TEX 11:01 AM 09-24-2018
Well, some of that is true... we all have crutch words. One of mine when describing something as really good is 'strong'. There was no hidden agenda or jab when describing the badassery that is the ultimate future HOFer and slinger of the pigskin that will rewrite history books and win more rings than Brady... Mahomes. Can we just say that covers any possible slight I may directly or indirectly throw his way going forward?

:-)
Yep. Moving forward now...
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:01 AM 09-24-2018
One thing about Mahomes...he grew up rich, dad was a pro athlete and was a star athlete. He could easily have been an entitled little shit.

At least he didnt drag his balls across a females trainers face and when she reported it...used Daddy's influence/money to ruin her career. That not only entitled...it's evil. It shouldn't be surprising that this pattern continued by sending goons to shake down the HGH whistle-blower. Do shitty things...then use money to ruin those that point it out.

Don't get me started on $wag...he's a next-level douche-nozzle but at least he hasn't attempted to ruin someones career. Both needed family influence to get them out of their own doings..
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:04 AM 09-24-2018
Oh - I totally agree. I was just jabbing you with stats. Kinda like, it's my turn now. :-) Everyone knows that Elway carried Reeves' teams and was one of the greatest QB's ever, certainly more than his early stats indicate. He had "IT." So does Mahomes, and Mahomes has what Elway didn't have early on, and that's Andy Reid. Seriously, if he stays healthy, the sky is the limit and KC can be contenders year end and year out.
There's no doubt... he's chasing Peyton and Brees from a statistical point of view. Would love to see guys like Elway, Marino, Kelly, Moon, Fouts playing in this version of the NFL.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:05 AM 09-24-2018
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
One thing about Mahomes...he grew up rich, dad was a pro athlete and was a star athlete. He could easily have been an entitled little shit.

At least he didnt drag his balls across a females face and when she reported it...used Daddy's influence/money to ruin her career. That not only entitled...it's evil. I shouldn't be surprising that this pattern continued by sending goons to shake down the HGH whistle-blower. Do shitty things...then use money to ruin those that point it out.

Don't get me started on $wag...he's a next-level douche-nozzle but at least he hasn't attempted to ruin someones career. Both needed family influence to get them out of their own doings..
Totally... he's like Tebow that can pass really well.
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:14 AM 09-24-2018
Totally... he's like Tebow that can pass really well.
Donk fans are going to be conflicted over the next decade..I mean Horseface was an entitled douchebag from the start. He was easy for rivals hate...and the cheating just compounded it.

Mahomes seems like a good natured kid...humble. I guess rivals will have to make fun of his voice...it's all they got.
[Reply]
TEX 11:19 AM 09-24-2018
Originally Posted by BlackOp:

At least he didnt drag his balls across a females trainers face and when she reported it...used Daddy's influence/money to ruin her career. That not only entitled...it's evil. I shouldn't be surprising that this pattern continued by sending goons to shake down the HGH whistle-blower. Do shitty things...then use money to ruin those that point it out.

The "One thing about Mahomes" you listed is the main thing. The kid has been grounded his whole life - more than people know. Credit his dad for that. He knew early on his son was gifted (in baseball and basketball too) and kept him grounded and taught him the proper way to handle himself. He played HS ball in a small town and he was born the same place Earl Campbell was and has the same small town values. With the world full of prema donna athlete's, Mahomes is a breadth of fresh air. He KNOWS he has to be to get to where he wants to be.
[Reply]
Page 2091 of 4879
« First < 1091159119912041208120872088208920902091 209220932094209521012141219125913091 > Last »
Up