ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 50 of 301
« First < 404647484950 5152535460100150 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:51 PM 04-18-2019
Brian Goodwin thing still puzzling as hell. Him in RF and Whit at 2nd makes this team look so much better
[Reply]
Great Expectations 09:57 PM 04-18-2019
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Brian Goodwin thing still puzzling as hell. Him in RF and Whit at 2nd makes this team look so much better
We wanted Owings and Duda instead.....
[Reply]
ROYC75 10:02 PM 04-18-2019
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
No shit, the speed in that outfield with Gordo being the slowest but still very serviceable.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:41 PM 04-18-2019
Does whit move to RF and Soler to DH when Lopez is called up?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:35 AM 04-19-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Does whit move to RF and Soler to DH when Lopez is called up?

Probably is their best alignment. I’d start Lopez hitting 9th. If he adjusts quickly and is doing a good job getting on base, I would slide him to 1, then slide everyone else back a slot.
[Reply]
Mecca 06:43 AM 04-19-2019
Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan:
Are you drunk? Cain has been gone from the Royals exactly 1 year and 1 month - nothing close to 3 years. Furthermore, Gordon and Cain were never free agents at the same time. Now if you want to say Gordon and Zobrist...that would be true. They were both FA at the same time and we could have made a bid for Zobrist instead.
Nah he's right, had they intended to keep Cain then they would have walked on Gordon the year before.
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 08:41 AM 04-19-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Nah he's right, had they intended to keep Cain then they would have walked on Gordon the year before.
No he's not - that's just wrong. Any attempt at talks with Cain never went far. The sticker shock based upon what his representatives sought in a contract length/value was always a non-starter for this front office. Especially when considering how they valued him based on age/position/skill-set was always a question. There is absolutely no connection to the idea they chose Gordon over Cain. Cain was never an option at that point. This is hind-sight unsubstantiated speculation.

Now...would I rather have had Cain last year and this year over Gordon? Sure?...although Gordon's 2019 is looking great so far. But yeah...I'd love to have Cain, but that doesn't mean I can make up facts to beat up on the Royals front office - just because. IF Cain was ever an important priority/option it would have been a choice between signing Cain vs. Hosmer. Now..under that scenario, he would have a point. The Royals would have made the wrong decision, had the Padres not saved us from ourselves.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:27 AM 04-19-2019
Keller suspended 5 games. Anderson 1 game
[Reply]
FringeNC 01:14 PM 04-19-2019
Dozier is 8th in average exit velocity. O'Hearn is in the top 25 or 30 in exit velocity and is hitting only .189 in balls in play, suggesting a lot of bad luck.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 02:46 PM 04-19-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Gordon was 2 years before Cain was up. Gordon was right after the World Series championship.

Royals decided the money was for Hosmer long term not Cain. That was the discussion Hosmer or Cain. 28 year old vs 32 year old. First base vs CF. Minor injury vs leg injury. You can see what direction the were going was the right one for most of the red flags.
[Reply]
Jerm 02:50 PM 04-19-2019
Did anyone see this the other day...?

Keep doing your thing, @TimAnderson7. �� #LetTheKidsPlay pic.twitter.com/9irMSsyFZ2

— MLB (@MLB) April 18, 2019

Why the hell is the official MLB Twitter account interjecting themselves into this and taking a side? Ridiculous.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 03:11 PM 04-19-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Did anyone see this the other day...?

Why the hell is the official MLB Twitter account interjecting themselves into this and taking a side? Ridiculous.
As long as they don't get mad at the pitchers who plant one on these other players who are just being themselves, it's all good.

I guess Anderson was lucky he was up against a pitcher who, being himself, targets the ass-cheek instead of the ear hole as pay-back and baseball justice.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:14 PM 04-19-2019
http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...t-not-bat-flip

Brad Keller. Apparently identifies as a black man.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 03:16 PM 04-19-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...t-not-bat-flip

Brad Keller. Apparently identifies as a black man.
:-)

Is Keller weak? :-)
[Reply]
BWillie 03:30 PM 04-19-2019
Keller is from Georgia, and Anderson is from Alabama. Both around the same age. I'm sure knew about each other growing up. Wonder if there is some bad blood there that extends from their childhood even.

I really don't like when guys bean someone because they bat flip. But I guess we are that team now :rolls eyes:
[Reply]
Page 50 of 301
« First < 404647484950 5152535460100150 > Last »
Up